Online check in- PAT

CyndiLouWho

DIS Veteran
Online check in for our first cruise opened tonight. Got everything set up and first PAT available is 12:30. We are booked in an ocean view. I realize chances are slim for an upgrade at port but we’d love to upgrade to a verandah (I looked and there are currently 40 verandah rooms, including family verandah, available now for our sailing) A PAT of 12:30 seems like it would worsen the chances. If we show up earlier than 12:30, any chance we’ll be able to check in earlier?

You can get there and check in anytime that you would like. You port arrival time just determines you boarding number. You will not be able to board until you boarding number is called, but you can get to the port as early as about 10:00AM and they will let you check in. I have done it many times.

If not having a verandah is going to break your cruise, honestly I would suck it up and upgrade now. There is no guarantee that any of those will be available in 75 days. I have been on 5 Disney cruises, all but the last one arriving on the first bus from MCO, and all 5 have been greeted with the “Captain Mickey informs us that we are full. No upgrades are available.” sign - even right at opening.

Even if a verandah is available, don't expect a big price break for upgrading at port. In my experience, there is only a significant price savings when upgrading to concierge, not when going from one non-concierge category to another.

FYI: at Port Canaveral the Parking garage opens at 9:30-9:45 you will wait outside until the terminal opens at 10:30.

If not having a verandah is going to break your cruise, honestly I would suck it up and upgrade now. There is no guarantee that any of those will be available in 75 days. I have been on 5 Disney cruises, all but the last one arriving on the first bus from MCO, and all 5 have been greeted with the “Captain Mickey informs us that we are full. No upgrades are available.” sign - even right at opening.
Nope not a deal breaker. Onceanview will be great. Not spending 3-4k more for verandah. If it’s available cheaper, maybe. If not, no problem.
FYI: at Port Canaveral the Parking garage opens at 9:30-9:45 you will wait outside until the terminal opens at 10:30.
Alaska cruise.

For those that have seen the Disney check-in before. Do they list ALL PAT times and grey out the unavailable ones? Or do they just list the available times? I am trying to figure out if the earliest time I am allowed to select for an Alaska cruise (12:30) is the beginning of boarding or if I should try and show up sooner to get onboard earlier.

I am traveling with two young kids, and I don't think I want to hang out at the terminal forever waiting to board or show up too early and they haven't even begun the boarding process yet.

Any word from other Alaska cruisers on what time it typically begins?

Do they list ALL PAT times and grey out the unavailable ones? Or do they just list the available times? I am trying to figure out if the earliest time I am allowed to select for an Alaska cruise (12:30) is the beginning of boarding or if I should try and show up sooner to get onboard earlier.
Online check-in shows the earliest PAT available for your selection, and all time slots from that point on. The earliest PAT in Vancouver is 11:00, boarding typically begins around 11:30-11:45, based on the boarding group assigned.

We traveled with three kids, arrived at the port 20 minutes prior to our boarding time (Canada Line took less time than I expected), and spent those 20 minutes waiting for our boarding group to be called.

For those that have seen the Disney check-in before. Do they list ALL PAT times and grey out the unavailable ones? Or do they just list the available times? I am trying to figure out if the earliest time I am allowed to select for an Alaska cruise (12:30) is the beginning of boarding or if I should try and show up sooner to get onboard earlier.

I am traveling with two young kids, and I don't think I want to hang out at the terminal forever waiting to board or show up too early and they haven't even begun the boarding process yet.

We’re sailing from Vancouver soon and have a PAT at 11. There will be plenty of people to board ahead of you if you arrive too early. Perhaps plan to arrive closer to 11:45, so boarding will likely have begun, and your wait should be pretty short.

When you arrive and check in you will be given a boarding number your boarding number is tied to your Port Arrival Time. You will get the same boarding number regardless when you show up. If you show up early people arriving after you with a earlier PAT will get a lower boarding number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter