One night at MK for Christmas decorations

lllGurulll

On hiatus from the World
My company is sending me to a conference in Orlando that will fall during some of the christmas decorations. I'm considering just coming up on a Friday afternoon to close to see the lights but I can't wrap my head around the $120+ ticket price for just a few hours at the park. Are there ANY other cheap options out there?

If you only want to see the MK, you could look into a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. That will get you into the park from 4 PM to midnight on a party day. The tickets to those are not exactly cheap, but cheaper than a single day ticket. Actually, looks like if you want to go on a Friday from afternoon to close, you would have to do a party, since the parties are scheduled for every Friday in December except for 12/23 and 12/30, and most in November as well.

If your going to a conference, they might have conference enter after 4 tickets that are lower priced (you purchase via the conference).. the only other option is if the AP deal is still happening and you know someone with an AP that can meet you at the ticket booth, they can purchase the cheaper ticket for you.

also if it's party night and the PP suggested, then that ticket might be cheaper depending on date.

I thought the Mickey parties still required you to purchase a park ticket as well. HOw much is a party ticket

Oh nevermind. I'm going early in November before the parties start so that isn't an option.

Is the Orlando Park Deals reputable?

Eh they aren't reputable. It seems they are a timeshare scam. OH well, it was a nice thought but there is no way I can justify the full price for a few hours in the park.

Last edited:
Check with your convention. I've never heard of a convention not selling the cheaper convention tickets.. They have a restriction (enter after 4pm) but that lines up with someone at a conference who is busy all day.

I thought the Mickey parties still required you to purchase a park ticket as well. HOw much is a party ticket

For future reference, you do not need a regular day park ticket to use the Party ticket. The are 100% separate. They range from around $70 to over $90 depending on the night, but always cheaper than a regular one-day ticket.

/thanks for the advice. I'll check at the convention. Hopefully it works out.

The party starts in early November. Hope it works out!

Ok the convention is offering $85 tickets for 3pm and after. I wouldn't be able to get there until after 5pm at the earliest. Since Monday Oct 31st is out because of the Halloween party I'm curious how much of the Christmas decorations will be up on Nov 1-3. Will there be much to see on those dates?

Those are the "transition dates"- I believe the holiday stuff starts going up right after October 31, but I don't know if it's fully done. I doubt it.

Those are the "transition dates"- I believe the holiday stuff starts going up right after October 31, but I don't know if it's fully done. I doubt it.
Well shoot. They are giving us a gift certificate to use at Disney Springs on 10/31 but I'm sure that will still be all Halloween that night. Was really hoping to use it at Magic Kingdom but if the Christmas decorations won't be up I guess I'm better served going to Springs. Are you fairly certain there probably won't be anything to see those days?

Well shoot. They are giving us a gift certificate to use at Disney Springs on 10/31 but I'm sure that will still be all Halloween that night. Was really hoping to use it at Magic Kingdom but if the Christmas decorations won't be up I guess I'm better served going to Springs. Are you fairly certain there probably won't be anything to see those days?

No, not at all. I think they do start putting things up overnight but not sure when they are done. I've never been there at that time so i'm sure someone else can give you a more definitive answer.

I guess the big question for me is will the castle be decorated and/or lit up by 11/3. If anyone went during the transition week last year please let me know what you saw. That's really the highlight I want to be able to see.

Just had a chat with Disney reps and they stated the castle will not be lit until the first Christmas party. Looks like it will be Disney springs for me then. Wish this conference could have been one week later. :(

I've seen the date for the first castle lighting as Nov. 2nd on a few websites. I think phone CMs can be unreliable. I'll be there on the 4th, hoping for the castle lighting.

I've seen the date for the first castle lighting as Nov. 2nd on a few websites. I think phone CMs can be unreliable. I'll be there on the 4th, hoping for the castle lighting.
Could you provide the links? I'd like to look those over.

The rep seemed pretty certain that they won't light up the castle in Christmas lights until the first Mickey party. I'm definitely willing to wait until the 3rd to go if people that are there on the 1st and 2nd can confirm if it lights up.

Oooooh, The park times guide is showing A Frozen Holiday Wish at 6:30pm starting November 2nd. Now if I understand this show correctly, this is when Elsa lights up the castle. Correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter