One day touring LA

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
We are taking a family trip to CA (from OH) this summer. We know that we want to spend 4 nights at DL and 4 nights at Laguna Beach. I've been to both and absolutely love both areas. But, we want to spend one of our "Laguna" days going to LA. I'm not very familiar with LA and not sure where we should go. We know that we DON'T want to go to any other theme parks or zoos. We'd rather see some sights that may be familiar from TV shows and movies. My 16 year old daughter would be thrilled with seeing Beverly Hills, I'm sure. Any other similar suggestions?

We will have a car. My kids are 12 and 16. And, I'd love a couple suggestions for someplace to have dinner. Would LOVE to go someplace with outdoor seating where we might have a beautiful view?? Thanks!!

PHXscuba

Mouseketeer since birth!
If you can find a scheduling way to not do it all the way from Laguna it will save you quite a bit of time in traffic. Leaving from the Disneyland area for LA saves a lot of time vs. getting out of Laguna Beach.

The Warner Bros Studio is fun with teenagers. If they are fans of the movie "La La Land" take them to Griffith Observatory, where they can also get a good view of the Hollywood sign. Santa Monica Pier area is very touristy but also iconic.

PHXscuba

LAS2AMS

Mouseketeer
If you can find a scheduling way to not do it all the way from Laguna it will save you quite a bit of time in traffic. Leaving from the Disneyland area for LA saves a lot of time vs. getting out of Laguna Beach.

The Warner Bros Studio is fun with teenagers. If they are fans of the movie "La La Land" take them to Griffith Observatory, where they can also get a good view of the Hollywood sign. Santa Monica Pier area is very touristy but also iconic.

PHXscuba
Laguna Beach is a short drive from the Irvine Station. Taking the Metrolink (or Amtrak) to Los Angeles and using public transportation to get around is the best option for most tourists, and will generally save a considerable amount of time and headache.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.