ONboard placeholder

I called DCL, there is no 10/31st deadline. Just make sure you book and take your cruise by 5/31/2022 to get the onboard credit and the future cruise credit. I told them that my place holder was originally on the first leg of the Hawaii cruise that was canceled earlier this year. I asked them if there was a deadline in choosing a cruise to apply it to. She found out from senior leadership that there is no deadline but the 5/31/2022. Earlier the better to call and straighten things out. But if you need to wait because you are trying to determine a cruise to keep, just let them know asap.

I called DCL, there is no 10/31st deadline. Just make sure you book and take your cruise by 5/31/2022 to get the onboard credit and the future cruise credit. I told them that my place holder was originally on the first leg of the Hawaii cruise that was canceled earlier this year. I asked them if there was a deadline in choosing a cruise to apply it to. She found out from senior leadership that there is no deadline but the 5/31/2022. Earlier the better to call and straighten things out. But if you need to wait because you are trying to determine a cruise to keep, just let them know asap.

I think the confusion is coming from people who just had an OBB placeholder and those that had an OBB that was an actual cruise. If you had a booked cruise that was cancelled, then you get the extended booking window. If you just had an OBB placeholder with no cruise, it might be subject to the original booking window unless you applied it.

So if I have a placeholder that is JUST a placeholder that expires 8/31/2021, will it be extended? Or do I need to book a cruise before it expires and then move it?

So if I have a placeholder that is JUST a placeholder that expires 8/31/2021, will it be extended? Or do I need to book a cruise before it expires and then move it?
You need to call DCL and ask them. Policies change a lot from time to time.

The last I heard (and as this post reitterates) was that you had to have converted the placeholder into an actual cruise before the 31st October 2020. I would ring DCL and see what they say as they may have extended this policy and as PrincessShmoo said things change a lot so since then it may have changed. In theory if they are sticking to this date booking a cruise now as a dummy cruise and moving it later wont help extend the placeholder benefits as the date for doing this has passed.

Last week I was able to use an onboard place holder that expires May 2021 to book a April 2022 cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter