ONboard placeholder

lundve

DIS Veteran
Are these being extended during closure? I haven’t read or seen anything about this. I have one from a cruise last summer and wondered....

Are these being extended during closure? I haven’t read or seen anything about this. I have one from a cruise last summer and wondered....
Last I was aware of, if you had a placeholder reservation (not an actual reservation made onboard or with a placeholder) those were not being extended.

If you had an actual reservation that was made onboard, or using a placeholder, those reservations are being extended past whatever the original expiration date was for them.

I use Dreams unlimited and my TA said that if a placeholder is turned into an actual cruise, it will automatically extend the placeholder. She had us convert 2 placeholders that were expiring January 2022 to new dummy cruises recently and now those cruises can be moved up to May 22, 2022. She said that dcl Said if the placeholders were converted to actual cruises by October 31, 2020, they would be eligible.

I use Dreams unlimited and my TA said that if a placeholder is turned into an actual cruise, it will automatically extend the placeholder. She had us convert 2 placeholders that were expiring January 2022 to new dummy cruises recently and now those cruises can be moved up to May 22, 2022. She said that dcl Said if the placeholders were converted to actual cruises by October 31, 2020, they would be eligible.

Thanks for this! By 'dummy cruise' do you mean that you chose a random cruise, or a short one, or what not - and just paid the deposit, so that you can move it later to something else?

Thanks for this! By 'dummy cruise' do you mean that you chose a random cruise, or a short one, or what not - and just paid the deposit, so that you can move it later to something else?

exactly. I choose a 3 night. Paid whatever additional amount was left after the $250 was applied to it.

My placeholder was converted to a cruise for 2/2021 (which we probably won’t take) and expires 8/2021 - I’d love to use it later then that say for the new dates in 2022 but wondered if there was an extended date mentioned...

My placeholder was converted to a cruise for 2/2021 (which we probably won’t take) and expires 8/2021 - I’d love to use it later then that say for the new dates in 2022 but wondered if there was an extended date mentioned...

didn’t you get an email. I did because my cruise is 4/24/2021. Said I could move it up to May 31, 2022 and keep my placeholder. I’ll try to find it and post it for you. I confirmed the placeholder move with my TA.

Here’s the email I got. my TA said that the placeholder would remain and follow to the new date.

Attachments

• 803CC234-DCF2-4F05-8055-14ABDCEA0474.jpeg
    803CC234-DCF2-4F05-8055-14ABDCEA0474.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 59
I just verified this with my TA yesterday.

Your placeholder needs to be converted to a real reservation by 10/31/2020. Then, you can choose to move it to any sail date before 5/2022.

We currently have a B2B booked for March 2021 using 4 of the good placeholder reservations (the ones with OBC.) We plan to move all of those to the comparable dates in 2022 when booking opens next week.

I just verified this with my TA yesterday.

Your placeholder needs to be converted to a real reservation by 10/31/2020. Then, you can choose to move it to any sail date before 5/2022.

We currently have a B2B booked for March 2021 using 4 of the good placeholder reservations (the ones with OBC.) We plan to move all of those to the comparable dates in 2022 when booking opens next week.

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I didn’t have a TA to ask - will convert mine to a 2022 date as well.

In case anyone wondered - I was able to (via phone call) transfer my booked 4 night cruise made with an OBD that was to sail in 2/2021 to a 7 night cruise in 4/2022 - even though my placeholder was set to expire in 8/2021 😀

Super happy to get 10% off (and $200 credit - acquired this right before that changed) - and the best part was when she said you don’t owe us anymore in deposit!

Happy Cruising all!

I have a placeholder expiring 02/2022. I already booked a cruise for 11/2021. Does anyone know - if I go back and change my cruise to a cruise departing before 03/2021, will I get the extension through 05/2022? Or am I already locked in?

The reason I'm asking the message board is I had previously asked my travel agent about how to get a placeholder extension (before booking the 11/2021 cruise) and she didn't mention this "loophole." I never got the email from Disney either that @n2mm mentioned (maybe because I'm already booked)? Anyway would love to get the extension but don't want to sacrifice my current reservation if it doesn't work out. Appreciate your help!

Today my TA moved a cruise that had a placeholder on it that expired 9/7/21. She booked a cruise for March 2022 and kept the placeholder.

also, I had a placeholder that was expiring 1/2022. I converted it to a new cruise and told that if I want to move it, the placeholder would follow up to 5/31/22.

my TA confirmed before she moved the cruise today. I believe this is under the flexibility program and the cruise must be moved or placeholder converted to a real cruise by October 31, 2020 In order to get the extension.

I converted my Jan 2020 placeholder (which was supposed to expire on Jan 28, 2022) to a new booking on the May 6 Hawaii sailing - I had called the week before to make sure they would honor it and they did!

I have a placeholder expiring 02/2022. I already booked a cruise for 11/2021. Does anyone know - if I go back and change my cruise to a cruise departing before 03/2021, will I get the extension through 05/2022? Or am I already locked in?

The reason I'm asking the message board is I had previously asked my travel agent about how to get a placeholder extension (before booking the 11/2021 cruise) and she didn't mention this "loophole." I never got the email from Disney either that @n2mm mentioned (maybe because I'm already booked)? Anyway would love to get the extension but don't want to sacrifice my current reservation if it doesn't work out. Appreciate your help!

Thanks all! I contacted my TA and it looks like we have the extension after all!

I got that email that FCC would be extended and you had to use by May 31, 2022. No where in the email does it say that you need to convert to a real cruise by 10/31/2020.

I got that email that FCC would be extended and you had to use by May 31, 2022. No where in the email does it say that you need to convert to a real cruise by 10/31/2020.
Future cruise credit isn't the same as an On Board Booking. You can get FCC without having an OBB. You do not need to have a fake cruise for FCC. The FCC is tied to each guests profile to be used as payment for a future cruise fare. The OBB is a discount (and a few still have on board credit attached to it). The OBB has an expiration date of 2 years from when it was originally made. DCL will extend the expiration date of an OBB reservation beyond the initial 2 years if you have another cruise booked (NOT just the OBB placeholder). At some point they have to draw the line and say, we can't offer any more OBB extensions.

For us we had an OBB made 12 Nov 2019. It normally would expire 12 Nov 2021. I was able to use it for a cruise 4 Mar 21 - outside of the normal 2 year use for OBB. On a side note, I could have applied our existing FCC to this cruise as well, but we have other trips planned for 2021 that we used it for.

Sorry, I just want to make sure I have this right. My placeholder with onboard credit is set to expire at the end of January 2021. If I book an actual cruise with it before the expiration, and before 10/31, I can then move it to cruise November 2021? It is obviously very unlikely I will be able to cruise before January 2021 with all the uncertainty.

Sorry, I just want to make sure I have this right. My placeholder with onboard credit is set to expire at the end of January 2021. If I book an actual cruise with it before the expiration, and before 10/31, I can then move it to cruise November 2021? It is obviously very unlikely I will be able to cruise before January 2021 with all the uncertainty.

that’s what my TA told us. we had 2 placeholders that were due to expire January 2022. We booked a 3 night with them and now if we move them we can choose up to May 2022.

also, I had an April 2021 cruise with a placeholder on it that expires September 2021. I moved it to my new February 2022 cruise and kept the placeholder.

my daughter did the same with her reservation that had an expiring placeholder on it.

all we were told was that placeholders will be extended only if they are converted to an actual cruise before 10/31/2020. It’s worked for us for several rebookings. You just have to pay the deposit on the new cruise if it’s above $250.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter