On My Own and needing help

Minnesota

<font color=navy>Disney Commando<br><font color=re
Hey all. I was thinking of doing DL by myself for the first time this summer and was wondering a few questions.

1)Would I have to rent a car or is there lots of transportation like WDW?

2)Since I can't get into the DL booking computer, any ideas on how much it costs to go to DL. I realise most people are booking for more than one but and idea would help me.

Thanks,
Minnesota

Do you plan on just doing DLR?

Is on site important?

How long do you have to stay?

If you are only going to the Disneyland Resort and are staying in one of the 3 Disney hotels, you can walk or take the monorail anywhere you would need to go. DL, DCA, DD and the 3 Disney hotels are all connected but the walk from DL to the PPH can be a little ways. Most of the area hotels have their own transportation to DL, as well. California, however, is much different as it is in the middle of the city and surrounded by hotels and restaurants, at least in the immediate area.

As far as cost is concerned, are you referring to the hotels or admission? A great place to inquire about costs is with Dreams Unlimited. There is a link right her on the DIS. You can tell them what you are interested in and they can price it for you. We have stayed at both the GCH and DLH and loved both of them. They are not cheap, however. We just received an AP rate for the GCH of $199/night with a theme park view. Last year we paid $350/ night for the same room. I have heard prices as low as $99/night for the PPH, but I'm not sure if that is really true. Just like WDW, we love being in the middle of the parks so we pay the extra to stay on site. You can, however, stay much more reasonably off site. I believe a one day park pass just went up to $45, if you need admission costs. A 4 day hopper pass is $141.

You definitely do not need to rent a car unless you plan to drive elsewhere, or stay offsite and don't want to use a shuttle. Everything onsite is walking distance.

How much it costs will be dependent on when you go, what discounts are available, your taste and desire for convenience. If you want to stay onsite, plan to spend $99 to $350, and anywhere in between. You can stay across the street at one of the offsite motels within walking distance of the main gates for $49 - $129. Paradise Pier is most economical, and hotel-like. It is right across the street from the Paradise Pier section of DCA and has it's own gate to that park. Disneyland Hotel is closer to Downtown Disney and the monorail to Disneyland and is more geared for families. It is contemporary and very busy, but nice. Grand Californian is right inside DCA and Downtown Disney, and close to the Disneyland main gate. It is the most expensive, and it is more staid, but pleasant. If you want to be very, very close, the GC is the place to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter