On Board Spending Limit Question?

WanderingAlice

Mouseketeer
We’re going on a 5 night Merrytime cruise in December. I read that there is a $300 on- board spending limit for 3-5 day cruises. Adding up our tip expenses for 2 people, mixology class, tasting class, float rentals, and one shore excursion...this already totals out to be $270! Does that mean we only have $30 to spend on board before we get charged? I am putting everything all on one card. And how much do they charge if you go over your spending limit? I’m the most clueless person when it comes to things like this!

They will periodically charge your credit card on file. A spending limit really only applies if you are settling on cash. (And then you just need to go to Guest Services throughout the cruise to add a gift card/cash to your account if you are close to your limit.)

If you put a credit card on your onboard account at check-in, you do not even need to think about the spending limit. As Rob1872 described, your card will be charged once the amount to be charged to the card reaches the limit. This will happen automatically. You won’t even notice unless you look at your on-board account statement or check your credit card usage online.

If you have a card on file but want to pay some of the charges with a different method (for example, a gift card) you do need to bring the payment method to Guest Services before the automatic charge goes through. Note that if your have on-board credits on your account, the money from those will be used first, before the spending limit count is started.

On our cruise last week we were charged once we hit $700 and then had another charge at the end of the cruise. The only reason I knew I was charge twice is because I set an alert with Amex to receive an email anytime my account is charged without the card present.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter