? on Banking points

ctc917

DIS Veteran
So I have Dec use year points and I can bank my points by July, which I think I'm going to do. But recently my husband and I are thinking of going to Disney in Dec 21 (which we have never done before) and at this time everything is booked so we will be putting in a Waitlist for Dec 21 and heres my question, I should bank my points first correct? and if the waitlist comes thru will the system automatically use these banked points first? If this isn't what I should do or if anyone has a different idea of what I should do please share.
I sorry to say except for booking a vacation during school vacation in April I haven't really used my points at any other time of year so I'm so confused on what I should and shouldn't do so any help would be highly appreciated, thanks.

Thank you

ctc917

So I have Dec use year points and I can bank my points by July, which I think I'm going to do. But recently my husband and I are thinking of going to Disney in Dec 21 (which we have never done before) and at this time everything is booked so we will be putting in a Waitlist for Dec 21 and heres my question, I should bank my points first correct? and if the waitlist comes thru will the system automatically use these banked points first? If this isn't what I should do or if anyone has a different idea of what I should do please share.
I sorry to say except for booking a vacation during school vacation in April I haven't really used my points at any other time of year so I'm so confused on what I should and shouldn't do so any help would be highly appreciated, thanks.

Thank you

ctc917
The order in which points are taken:
  • Holding
  • Banked
  • Borrowed
  • Transferred (including OTUPs)
  • Annual Allotment
Your banked points should be used before any 2021 points are taken.

With a Dec UY, a Dec 2021 trip will fall in your Dec 2021 UY. If you have Dec 2020 points that you are banking, they would normally used the banked points first before the current UY points. If you don't have Dec 2020 points that you are banking, then you cannot bank your Dec 2021 points until Dec 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter