On a waitlist to buy OKW direct

Klark Kent

Earning My Ears
Any idea how long I'll have to wait for 100 direct OKW points? Called DVC this weekend and told them I'm ready to take the leap. Want a Dec UY. I was told it was available but now I'm on a waiting list. We already have a trip planned at the end of the year and hoping we can get in before the trip.

disneynutz

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
You probably have to wait until they feel like selling you the contract at their current pricing. Seems like they focus on the more profitable sales first. They may hope that you give up and buy their current resort(s).

:earsboy: Bill

• Marv_barr

Mouseketeer
    We waited for just under 2 months for our OKW points. We contacted our guide in July and requested a Sept UY. Just stay in touch with you guide.

Good luck

sanibel93

ALL Ears
    Bought 40 points in May, waited 2 days and got a call that points were available. August use year.

Deb & Bill

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
    Any idea how long I'll have to wait for 100 direct OKW points? Called DVC this weekend and told them I'm ready to take the leap. Want a Dec UY. I was told it was available but now I'm on a waiting list. We already have a trip planned at the end of the year and hoping we can get in before the trip.
    Do you plan to book a trip with those points for December 2019? Or just swap out points from the 2018 Dec UY.

Klark Kent

Earning My Ears
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! We have hotel reservations at a Disney hotel. We booked it a while back, but after doing some research (and listening to the dvc show podcast) decided to become dvc members. Hoping now we can get OKW. It'd be great if we could get our dvc membership finalized and make use of the points for this trip, but I have no idea if that's possible. They are pushing Riviera but it's just not our cup of tea.

Deb & Bill

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! We have hotel reservations at a Disney hotel. We booked it a while back, but after doing some research (and listening to the dvc show podcast) decided to become dvc members. Hoping now we can get OKW. It'd be great if we could get our dvc membership finalized and make use of the points for this trip, but I have no idea if that's possible. They are pushing Riviera but it's just not our cup of tea.
    It is going to be extremely difficult to find any open space at OKW for Dec this late. Even if you get your first trip booked by your salesperson.

Rockenroller

Earning My Ears
    Have you had any luck with this? I am also on a waitlist for 200 points. Also if succesfull, what points will it come with, I presume 0 for 2018 and 200 for 2019 and 2020?

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS