OMG! Minimum of 100 shares now required to join Shareholder's Club or to renew!!!!!

see I think people will go the AP route more over shareholders now. Because a Fantasy AP costs as little as £120 with fees etc from cemultiavantages. Booking one adult in on an onsite package and adding the AP holder at check-in can easily save you that £120 on one trip, compared to booking 2 adults in on the package. And then you've still got all your AP restaurant and shopping discounts on top (plus free parking if you need it, and better discounts off special event tickets etc).

Compare that to having 6 trips before you break even on the 100 shares needed to be a shareholder? It would be AP every time for me.

I see your point, however that's if you're lucky enough to use it over those dates. It also doesn't provide Salon Mickey, and whilst 1 visit may save you 120 per visit, having the shares over a year with 2-3 visits a year would save us at least 160-200 That's 2 years then no more costs.

Looking at the original in French it's clearer to me than what I'm reading above in English :rotfl:

Chère/Cher membre du Club Actionnaires,

Dans un souci constant de répondre au mieux aux attentes de ses membres et d'apporter un service de qualité et des informations pertinentes sur la Société, le Club Actionnaires vous annonce l'entrée en vigueur de nouvelles « Conditions Générales du Club Actionnaires d'Euro Disney S.C.A. » à compter du lundi 1er octobre 2012. Nous vous invitons à les découvrir dès maintenant en pièce jointe.

A partir de cette date, tout actionnaire qui souhaitera adhérer ou renouveler son adhésion au Club Actionnaires devra détenir un minimum de 100 actions Euro Disney S.C.A. (code ISIN : FR0010540740), au nominatif ou au porteur. Les membres du Club Actionnaires ayant adhéré avant le 1er octobre 2000 et en possession d'une carte en cours de validité seront exempts de ce seuil.

Merci de noter :

Quelque soit le nombre d'actions détenues actuellement et jusqu'à expiration de votre adhésion, vous continuez à bénéficier des avantages et services du Club Actionnaires sur présentation de votre carte de membre en cours de validité.

Vous pourrez ensuite, si vous le souhaitez, faire une demande de renouvellement d'adhésion selon les conditions générales en vigueur.

Nous restons à votre disposition pour répondre à vos questions sur ces changements,

Cordialement,

Club Actionnaires d’Euro Disney S.C.A.

The bit in bold clearly says that regardless of the number of shares that you hold at present and until your renewal date, you continue to benefit from the advantages and services of Club Actionnaire on presentation of your valid membership card :)

From what the email says I'm 99% sure that if you currently have a valid membership card then you can continue to use it until it expires. At that point you will need 100 shares in order to renew it. It's a shame as I doubt there will be many people prepared to shell out for the extra shares. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the share price though to see if I can make a bit of a profit when my card expires!

I see your point, however that's if you're lucky enough to use it over those dates. It also doesn't provide Salon Mickey, and whilst 1 visit may save you 120 per visit, having the shares over a year with 2-3 visits a year would save us at least 160-200 That's 2 years then no more costs.

It also contributes to a nice saving on the family AP's discount.

i typed a long post and it was lost as i was logged off:sad: anyway i see Carrie updated from the French site, thats what i was thinking/hoping for... if you have a card already its valid till your expiry date and then if you want to renew you need 100 shares to do so... i will be looking at the prices and if they go down as some people will be selling them we might buy some more, we almost 2 years to do so as i got my card in July:) and if we dont manage to buy them i wont be selling mine... unless they make us... i want to have this little bit of magic pixiedust:

Is it not better to look at the extra cost of the extra shares as ,
savings/investment. Those that have ages left before renewal keep an eye on the share price and buy when they lower. Put shares on your Christmas list etc.

I think I will try and get a trip before my card expires but will think about buying the extra shares and look upon it as an investment, not a cost to get discount.

No idea if this makes sense or not.

netimka said:
i will be looking at the prices and if they go down as some people will be selling them we might buy some more, we almost 2 years to do so as i got my card in July:) and if we dont manage to buy them i wont be selling mine... unless they make us... i want to have this little bit of magic pixiedust:

I think this pretty much sums up my sentiments right now. I still want to own a bit of the magic, and would like to continue that. I am semi hoping the share prices dip right down again before my renewal date, an extra 80 shares at the 50 week low is going to cost in the region of£200, I am ignoring current prices for now.

All a bit ironic in terms of weighing up against the AP perks as I had been sitting here the last couple of days trying to work out if an AP was worth it for me. We can our next trip out the way and I'll start working on DW one way or the other.

I assumed it might be to do with the debt restructure so may have been imposed on them, but I wasn't cynical enough to think of it as a ploy to get people to sell up. Of course that only works (for them) if they are actively buying up shares now....

We won't be selling ours, we told Rosebug she owns a little bit of the park, and we chose a brick in the castle. (In reality we probably own a pebble! ;) ) So unless we have to sell, we are hanging onto them, for nostalgia!

I've just renewed mine thank goodness. I wonder if they will change the perks too?

Ms Poppins said:
I've just renewed mine thank goodness. I wonder if they will change the perks too?

Anything can happen but I can't see them changing the perks

For starters so many fewer will be getting them anyway

Secondly you have better perks I think with the Dream AP.

After all while I say I "saved" £100 odd on our trip, in reality I spent exactly the same as I would have done anyway, so they are still making more money.

We could even tentatively hope for better perks, I.e. the higher discount in the shops?

I've got a year left on mine before expiry so I shall make the most of it on our next trip!

As others have mentioned I may keep an eye on the share price as I think it is much higher now than when I originally bought mine. I may calculate the rough saving per trip and then use this to establish how much I would be prepared to pay to stay "in the club"! (How many Salon Mickey visits would it be...?!!)

I am disappointed with this and the effective date being so close... :sad2:

what dates Jonathan? If you are staying onsite, your Fantasy AP works for park entry 365 days a year.

Carrie - thank you for clarifying - unfortunately in the English version they do not mention 'OR, until your membership expires' which makes a huge difference.

There is something behind all this - I think they want to get shares back in house as easily as possible. Why not just make us all an offer and enforce a buy out?

As for APs - totally see the argument about better perks (the main thing we found we used our Shareholder card over our Dream AP was the 15% off at restaurants). But, honestly, I think that there will be changes in these as well - give it time. Can you even buy an AP in the US parks that give the same kind of benefits? Things like the 'room tax route' will probably go as well :sad:.

Urgh, seems like the restructuring has come at a price to true Disney fans. How it will affect the running of the park/development etc remains to be seen.... :scratchin

So glad i renewed a few weeks ago, my card expired a few months ago, but as we don't go til feb, i was going to leave it until nearer to the time to get a longer expiry date.

Thank goodness I didn't. :scared1:

As others have said, it wouldn't make financial sense to us to own 100 shares. I suppose an option is buy the shares, get your card and then sell them again. Then you only have the administrative fees of buying/selling the shares.provided the price doesn't change much during the process!

Carrie - thank you for clarifying - unfortunately in the English version they do not mention 'OR, until your membership expires' which makes a huge difference.

There is something behind all this - I think they want to get shares back in house as easily as possible. Why not just make us all an offer and enforce a buy out?

As for APs - totally see the argument about better perks (the main thing we found we used our Shareholder card over our Dream AP was the 15% off at restaurants). But, honestly, I think that there will be changes in these as well - give it time. Can you even buy an AP in the US parks that give the same kind of benefits? Things like the 'room tax route' will probably go as well :sad:.

Urgh, seems like the restructuring has come at a price to true Disney fans. How it will affect the running of the park/development etc remains to be seen.... :scratchin

With the AP you get discount on c/s as well so it works out the same as the shareholders unless you only ever eat t/s-buffet meals :confused3

Reading across the forums very few people are taking the pov of Rose - the majority are only in it for Salon Mickeys free "breakfast" and the discounts

DW and I have had a chat about this and we are still going to be shareholders but drop down to just one club membership as we are both members at the moment.

We need to renew in 2014, so we are going to merge our shares into one account and then put a few pounds away each month into our share account and keep any eye on the share price and buy them when they drop to the 3-4 Euro price.

DW says she is not surprised EDL are doing this as she sees a lot of abuse at Salon Mickey. People taking bottles of drinks out of the fridges and stright into their bags. So it's probabley costing DLP a lot of money to fund SM.

Like Rosebug we belive that as being shareholders we own a bit of the park too and not just the business. DW likes to think one of the animatronic pigeons in the gondola of the Hyperion airship belongs to us.

Just a thought, maybe they want small shareholders to sell because there will be a buyout coming soon and then the shares will be worth a lot more, so maybe if u really want a bit of the magic buy the extra shares and hopefully make some money & I think the shareholder perks might get better

DW says she is not surprised EDL are doing this as she sees a lot of abuse at Salon Mickey. People taking bottles of drinks out of the fridges and stright into their bags. So it's probabley costing DLP a lot of money to fund SM.

must confess to doing this on our day trip.... but saying that, in 4 yrs ive been in the club, ive only visited sm 3 times :sad:

Like Rosebug we belive that as being shareholders we own a bit of the park too and not just the business. DW likes to think one of the animatronic pigeons in the gondola of the Hyperion airship belongs to us.

Thank your DW for that as it has just made me smile and feel all warm inside :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter