OMG-I may never leave my resort!

There is no Diet Pepsi in the Coke Freestyke machine

Shocking. :)

Dr. Pepper is made by Pepsi Cola. So it is not available in the Coke Freestyle machine. Disney has an exclusive contract with Coke. Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Mtn. Dew lovers, like me, will have to provide their own beverages.

That made me tilt my head in confusion. And you're not wrong. But my confusion is justified.

"In the United States, Dr Pepper Snapple Group does not have a complete network of bottlers and distributors, so the drink is sometimes bottled under contract by Coca-Cola or Pepsi bottlers."

I think they should make it more complicated.

My family likes these machines. They have them at the movie theater as well as Wendy's. I often find them frustrating because people take too long to make a choice, but they do have lots of choices.

^^^ THIS!!

Our local movie theater has the Freestyle machines and I hate them because it seems like people take forever to figure out what they want to mix together! Just make your drink and move along, people! It's frustrating for me because I just want the Diet Coke, I don't need to look at all the options, change my mind, start over, etc. And without exception, the person in front of me made a cherry vanilla grape lemon rootbeer and my Diet Coke ends up tasting like an artificial fruit cocktail.

Dr. Pepper is made by Pepsi Cola. So it is not available in the Coke Freestyle machine. Disney has an exclusive contract with Coke. Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Mtn. Dew lovers, like me, will have to provide their own beverages.

When I googled Coke Freestyle machines, it showed Dr Pepper as one of the options on it, so that's why I asked. I'm confused as to why it would show as an option if, as you say, Dr Pepper is a Pepsi product.

When I googled Coke Freestyle machines, it showed Dr Pepper as one of the options on it, so that's why I asked. I'm confused as to why it would show as an option if, as you say, Dr Pepper is a Pepsi product.

Umm - No Dr. Pepper is NOT, repeat NOT a Pepsi Cola Brand. Pepsi manufactures it in Canada and Coke manufactures it in Europe. But neither own Dr. Pepper.

I was super excited to read Disney is rolling these out. As much as the long lines sometimes get annoying - one movie theatre near me has them, and let me tell you, it gives a whole new meaning to getting there early enough for a popular show! - I'm a diet soda drinker and love having more than just the Coke/Pepsi option.

I think as these become MORE standard - lines will move faster because folks know how to use them. We have them at a vary number of fast food places/movie theaters at home now.

I love them - FINALLY I can get diet, non-caffeinated soda!

I love these machines because I can get Mello Yello anywhere! Mello Yello is hard to find in stores where I live so I am excited it is in the freestyle machines!

Here in New Jersey Dr. Pepper is in every Freestyle machine, both at my work cafeteria and all the Wawa's and everything else I can think of.

Do different areas then have different Freestyle contracts or something?

I know it's wasteful, but I tend to run it for half a second to flush out whatever was poured before. Tends to help the cross-contamination of flavors (in my head, at least).

I've noticed the Freestyle machines in Moe's, Five Guys and Wawa around here. There were also a few on the Royal Caribbean cruise I took about a month ago...I guess they're a maintenance nightmare as they had trouble keeping up with them.

I personally like the idea of Freestyle machines. As someone who rarely drinks 'regular' soda (and should be cutting back on diet soda as it is), it's nice to see that I can get a flavored sparkling water from the machines. Yes, the fruit syrups might have some calories, but it's nice to have something different!

Beyond POFQ and YC (and I think Geyser Point at WL), where else can you find the machines?

Dr. Pepper is distributed by Pepsi in my area. However, Coke does make Mr. Pibb which is nearly identical. I would imagine that it is in a Freestyle machine, but I've never seen one!

I know it's wasteful, but I tend to run it for half a second to flush out whatever was poured before. Tends to help the cross-contamination of flavors (in my head, at least).

They all seem to taste like vanilla to me, I usually try to flush it for 5-10 seconds depending on how many are waiting.

They sell caffeine free diet Coke in cans and bottles at almost every grocery store near where I live. I prefer vanilla but they do have plain caffeine free, too. I think they even have it without it being diet but I'm not sure because I don't like sugary pop either. I love it! I hate lemon-lime flavored pop and that's usually all I can get that doesn't have caffeine.

Yep, you can get caffeine free coke at some grocery stores. My wife gets jittery from caffeine and I can't stand the taste of diet so caffeine free coke is a goto for us. A1E909F3-E0CD-4ADD-BCD7-A01C8A60AF58-16031-0000073CAC7CBC6D.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter