Olympic Eating With Team GB ** COMPLETED - WDW & DCL**

Seeing as you now have your masters in Margarita, I will trust your review and I need to try that cucumber margarita. It sounds fantastic! And those appetizers look pretty good too!

Wow...a masters in Margarita!!! That sounds great to me. Where can I sign up for classes? :lmao: Currently my favorite Disney margarita is the avocado one, but if the Master thinks the cucumber one might be even better then I just might have to try it next time. Thanks for the tip, Master Linda! ;)

Oh my gosh, you are killing me with all the fabulous drink pictures! :rotfl: I actually walked into Paradiso and then changed my mind and walked out on my recent trip. I am kicking myself for that now! :laughing: Adding that to the ever growing list of places to try next trip. :thumbsup2

If I can ever pry myself away from the Avocado Margarita at La Cava I will have to give the Cucumber one a try. It sounds delicious!

You picked my favorite treat at Karamell Kuche! Love, love, love the salted caramels! I can't get enough of those darn things. The pecan cluster looks pretty tasty too.

Great update!

Subbing--I have enjoyed your reports in the past and look forward to reading more!

Your most recent update taught me that I need to try the strawberry shortcake at Sunshine Seasons - everyone raves about it. And in about a year, I'd love to try the avocado or cucumber margarita. :cloud9:

Hm, perfect choices again, Linda! Apart from the Rosa Regale, which makes me :sick: yuck!
But the Strawberry Shortcake is just so disneylicious and that pretzel :goodvibes and then a visit to La Cava! :cloud9:

Okay, better get back to work - I am gaining weight just looking at the food! :rotfl2:

Just posting the photos makes me soooo hungry :laughing:

Your Epcot snack day was so enjoyable to watch! That is our favorite thing to do in all of WDW, especially during food & wine fest!!!:goodvibes

We had the pleasure of the Epcot Food & Wine Festival last year ..... just wonderful :cloud9:

So excited about the Cucumber Margarita from La Cava! Was it as good as the one from Paradiso? Also, it looks like it has a salt rim, but you didn't mention that in your detailed description. Does it have a salt rim? Seems like the orange and pineapple would overpower the cucumber, but I am willing to give it a shot on your advice! :thumbsup2

And about the strawberry shortcake from SS...is it real, proper shortcake? The kind that is a bit dense and not very sweet? In all the photos I see of it, it looks like regular yellow cake. I love a proper shortcake, but I'm not a real fan of regular cake stuffed with strawberries.

Thanks!

The Cucumber Margarita at La Cava was much better than the one at Paradiso and you know I loved the one at Paradiso; it was seriously THAT good ::yes::

It actually says in the description that it has a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim but I seem to remember that the salt had a spicy little kick so I'm not sure that is correct - either way it was sensational

As for the Strawberry Shortcake, the cake part certainly wasn't too sweet

Wow...a masters in Margarita!!! That sounds great to me. Where can I sign up for classes? :lmao: Currently my favorite Disney margarita is the avocado one, but if the Master thinks the cucumber one might be even better then I just might have to try it next time. Thanks for the tip, Master Linda! ;)

I too love the Avocado one :cloud9:
I think the Cucumber one is a great option though if you aren't feeling like a frozen Margarita and want one on the rocks
Hey - just get both :thumbsup2

Ooh, you've just given me a few extra things to add to MY list! :rotfl:

I'm already writing a list for 2013 :laughing:

Some great snacking Linda! :thumbsup2

It looks awful when I look back - we really should have had a proper meal :rolleyes1

Oh my gosh, you are killing me with all the fabulous drink pictures! :rotfl: I actually walked into Paradiso and then changed my mind and walked out on my recent trip. I am kicking myself for that now! :laughing: Adding that to the ever growing list of places to try next trip. :thumbsup2

If I can ever pry myself away from the Avocado Margarita at La Cava I will have to give the Cucumber one a try. It sounds delicious!

You picked my favorite treat at Karamell Kuche! Love, love, love the salted caramels! I can't get enough of those darn things. The pecan cluster looks pretty tasty too.

Great update!

Oh boy the salted caramel was amazing - I could just eat one right now popcorn::

Subbing--I have enjoyed your reports in the past and look forward to reading more!

Woo hoo - happy to have you reading along :goodvibes

Your most recent update taught me that I need to try the strawberry shortcake at Sunshine Seasons - everyone raves about it. And in about a year, I'd love to try the avocado or cucumber margarita. :cloud9:

Have all three - now that's what I can a triple treat :woohoo:

Umm..AMAZING!! Your EPCOT snack tour looks awesome!! I plan on doing the same thing next trip!

Dinner At The Plaza

Magic Kingdom was open until 2am today so after spending some time relaxing back at the resort we jumped in the car and headed over to MK a little after 8pm and checked in for our 8:45 ADR at The Plaza

The restaurant closes at 9pm so this was the last available ADR and by the time we had finished our meal the restaurant was empty

We were seated pretty quickly and were taken to a great 4 top right next to the window

c09946b6.jpg

Our server introduced herself and we both ordered drinks (Coke for DH and water for me) whilst we took a look at the menu

It didn’t take us long to decide and once we had placed our orders the server quickly returned with a rather excessive amount of condiments!

77363df9.jpg

After a short wait our food arrived and we actually had a pretty good view of the Main Street Electrical Parade from our table :goodvibes

Here was my choice:

7dc36b07.jpg

Vegetarian Sandwich - fresh mozzarella, hummus, basil pesto, cucumber, roasted red pepper, tomato, and lettuce on a freshly baked foccaccia and fries

Now as you can probably see from the photo, this sandwich wasn’t served on foccaccia.

When I ordered, our server informed me that they had run out so I asked if I could have it on multi-grain bread instead, which I actually much prefer :thumbsup2

This sandwich was really, really good. It was packed full of of flavor, mainly thanks to the hummus and basil pesto but the real star of the show here was the fries - oh my word, hands down the best fries on property!

Piping hot, crunchy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. I would book an ADR here every trip just to have them :cloud9:

Here is DHs choice

cf6ae85d.jpg

Angus Chuck Cheeseburger - served on a flour-dusted kaiser roll with lettuce, tomato, and onion. Choose from the following toppings: Cheddar, American cheese, Bacon, Grilled Mushrooms and Grilled Onions

DH loved this burger. He added American cheese and mushrooms and he also thought that the fries were wonderful.

He cleared his plate in no time at all

We were both pretty stuffed but there was no way we could leave here without trying a dessert so we split a "split" :banana:

3a987401.jpg

Original Banana Split - chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream topped with hot fudge, strawberry sauce, crushed pineapple, chopped nuts, whipped cream and a cherry

This was HUGE, more than enough for two to share.

On top of the yummy ice cream was piles of toppings and the strawberry sauce in particular was heavenly

This was our first visit to the Plaza and it certainly wont be our last.

I guess when you are using dining plan credits, it’s not such a great value but please don’t let that put you off; just pay out of pocket because you are missing a real treat if you don’t add this to your ADR list :thumbsup2

Coming Up Next ....... Yak & Yeti

The Plaza is one of our favourite restaurants inside the parks. Got to agree about those fries - dee-lish-us :thumbsup2

Love the look of that banana split too (although a little too much whipped cream for me).

Umm..AMAZING!! Your EPCOT snack tour looks awesome!! I plan on doing the same thing next trip!

Oh you must - such a great way to enjoy World Showcase :goodvibes

The Plaza is one of our favourite restaurants inside the parks. Got to agree about those fries - dee-lish-us :thumbsup2

Love the look of that banana split too (although a little too much whipped cream for me).

I can't believe we haven't been to the Plaza before - loved it there :cool1:
I hear what you are saying about the whipped cream but DH could literally eat a whole bowl of the stuff so he made short work of it :rolleyes1

Guess I have to admit it .....

We love the Plaza too! :rotfl2: Those fries are just soooo good and I just love their tuna salad croissant.
We have not tried the banana split YET, but it looks good! Even though I might order it without the whipped cream. Not a huge fan of it. ;)

Yay, another dining report!Paradiso and the Plaza look really good, will have to book another trip to try them out sometime!

La Cava really does do fab drinks. One year I tried the Blood Orange and last year tried the Avocado, both were really really good but may have to try the Cucumber next trip. Decisions, decisions!

I know what you mean about pre lunch drinking, I ended up in Mexico too early one year - had to join the queue waiting for La Cava to open. Embarassing!

Great report so far Linda!

We are trying The Plaza for the first time in October and we are looking forward to it very much.

Just caught up on your review, wow that Sweet Pretzel looks amazing. I need to try that. I love Plaza too, my favourite restaurant in MK. That was quite a lot of condiments!! :lmao:

great updates, Ive seen a few great Plaza reviews and im hoping to add it to our list next time. :thumbsup2

Loved reading your Epcot snack day which is how we like to spend our time at World Showcase. :love:

We also love Plaza for it's french fries. They are so crisp outside and soft inside. IMO, they are the best in WDW. In fact, we do have ADR there for our upcoming trip. :thumbsup2

Ok, just changed things around and added The Plaza. We missed it last trip and I have been debating returning this trip. I admit I have never had the fries. They are now a must do!

Linda - your sandwich at Plaza Restaurant looks really yummy! Before I read your comment I said heck, that's not focaccia! It's so funny how they bring out so many cups of condiments - especially the mustard and mayo. :confused3 Love their banana splits there! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter