Olympic coke coupons

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had trouble using their coupons? My local grocery store says they won't take them because they're counterfeit. Anyone else having this problem?

No,

I've used them at Target, and HyVee Grocery with no problem. Sometimes they have to call a manager because they won't scan, but they always take them. Have also sold some on ebay with no problems

Nope, and the burden is on them to prove it. If they suspect money is counterfeit, the burden is on them to call authorities. Tell them to call coke.

Drew

I have used almost all of mine and have had no problems until recently. I have used them at Wal-Mart before with no problem and then the cashier this last time looked at me and said the coupon "looked funny" and she took it and walked away. She then checked with another cashier and they looked at a list of conterfeit coupons. She then came back and said it was fine because it wasn't on the list. She then proceeded to tell me they have been having alot of fake coke coupons lately.

Honestly it ticked me off since she handled it so poorly. She could have said something to the effect of she didn't know how to key it in or something instead of making an accusatory statement. And after all this I again, (I have had to do this with most of my coupons), had to tell her how much the coupons should be keyed in as. I had to do the math. Five bottles at $1.10 is $5.50. Honestly, how hard is that?

Sorry, didn't mean to vent.

I've used all of mine at safeway, a couple of times the cashier didn't want to scan it more than once because it only takes off for one bottle. After pointing out that it is for five free bottles they then scanned it four more times. Which is great because it has been on sale for $1.25 each and the coupon takes off a $1.54 each time. :cool1: :cool1:

Most of the complaints I've seen have been folks having a hard time getting the cashier to take off 5 bottles per coupon.

I've been really lucky. I've had no trouble at all at our local stores. In fact I went to use a coupon when Albertsons had a 'buy one 2 liter Coke product get one free' promo running; I just had my 5 bottles, thinking I wouldn't be able to combine promos. The cashier had a bag boy run over and get me 5 more bottles since she said I might as well take advantage of the coupon AND the promo. Walked out with 10 free bottles per coupon several times. :thumbsup2

I WAS questioned on another coupon just the other day though and I hated it. Some young thing at Jamba Juice telling me it was a fake when I got it off the back of my grocery receipt. :confused3 Granted it was quite some time ago, but if you want to apply a time limit to a coupon, put an expiration date on it! Made me feel like I was some kind of a scam artist or something. Sheesh!

So sorry it happened to you.

Nope, my only issue was once at Kmart, they told me it was only good for 1 bottle, and I told them to learn how to read. I escalated it, and was ready to walk out (without all the items I bought), and a supervisor came over, apologized, and had a person process the coupon for me.

I was only able to use one at a time at my local SuperFresh. The cashier recognized the coupon right away when I handed it to her but had to get help from a manager to put it into the register the right way. I ended up giving most of mine away to the the H.S. band (end of year party & band camp pizza party), my DSis and DSIL for graduation parties and I only kept 5 coupons for myself, since we don't drink a lot of Coke.

I've redeemed 3 coupons so far. The first one in a grocery store, they had a few problems but nothing major and they didn't give me any trouble redeeming it. The next one was at Target and there I had the least problems. She rang it up easily. The last one was K-Mart. I swear I stood there 15 minutes while she fiddled with it and finally called the manager. No one has tried to give me 1 instead of 5 but it seems like most have trouble with putting it in the system.

I've used mine at Safeway, Albertsons, Walmart, and Fred Meyer with no problems whatsoever.

No problems here. But almost everytime I have had to tell them it was for 5 free. When they scan it it only take 1 off. Now my question is. I have used many of these coupons at both the stores I have go to. Why do they not fix it in there computer to take 5 off, not just one.

They are (almost :) ) more trouble than they are worth.
Almost everytime I have used them it takes about 10 minutes for the cashier to decide what to do with it, then they call a manager anyway.
My favorite :sad2: was the guy who "unscanned" everything I'd bought - about 25 items - to start over to find out how much 5 bottles were, then rudely tell me that I should remember how much it is. The cashiers always seem incredibly put out with the coupons, even though they've never seen them before. Twice I've had cashiers not even speak to me during the entire transaction, after I've made friendly comments about how I'm sorry the coupons are such a pain, but they're too good not to use, etc.
I hate to complain about a freebie, but they have really showed me how pathetic customer service usually is.

One of the Wal-Mart superviors here asked if I would be willing to take 4 free bottles instead of 5 because she couldn't get it to add up right.

What!?! -- I still don't understand her logic there.

they all worked for me, but I got several looks and had to explain where they were from. But I was never turned away.

I used mine (all whopping TWO of them!) at Superfresh and didn't have any problems, although I made sure to draw the cashier's attention to the fact that they were each for five bottles. And, I had pre-done the math for them just in case. Experience told me that the little matter of carrying the nines might be problematic, but in the end there were no issues.

After reading many threads here about problems w/them at Walmart, I have only redeemed them at Publix and Target, though I do bring the coupon to their attention before they scan and tell them I've seen other cashiers either scan the coupon 5 times or add up the 5 bottles and take off the total.

I'm down to my last one I think. I'm sad!!

I've probably used about 10 or 15 of my coupons so far. Although I've learned to warn them first before they even attempt to ring in the coupon. They're always confused and always have to call a manager. Walmart either has to scan it 5 times or some will just key in vendor coupon and take the total off. I've always bought other stuff with it so I guess I never noticed I'm still paying tax...which is fine. I took one to Albertson's the other day and of course she thought it was only for one and then I said...no, 5. That is all I bought, so I did pay for the tax....again, which is fine.

I just know they always have a problem and wonder why the coupon was made to be so hard to use. Of course I'll spend the extra 5 or 10 minutes it takes for all the free coke I've gotten.

I'm almost looking forward to them being done because I've never drank so much coke in my life and know it's horrible for me. I really wished I could have gotten the Dasani with it.

Rachel

Used one at Wal-Mart today. The cashier just asked me where I had gotten the coupon. I told her Coca-Cola. They gave them away during their Olympics promo. She just added up the total cost of 5 bottles ($6.25) and took off the $6.25. No fuss, no muss.

I've got two more to cash in so I hope they'll be that easy too.

Walmart wouldn't accept them. The clerk couldn't figure out what to do, and called over a supervisor, who said that they couldn't redeem coupon for that much. Didn't really care what the coupon was or wasn't.

julia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter