Old tickets

MrsDanielle

Mouseketeer
Just got off the phone with a Universal rep and I’m a bit concerned. I asked the rep whether I could upgrade the PtoP tickets I bought in 2014, and she told me that she’s not sure that I can use them, let alone upgrade them! For the record, these are unused tickets. There’s no expiry date on them, all they say in terms of expiration is that the tickets will expire 13 days after first use. Not sure what to do here TBH…anyone have experience redeeming old tickets?

I have redeemed non expiring tickets when I took my adult son to UO
I had an AP but had tickets for my son that were about 5 years old

Go to guest services and the will be able to issue you the tickets.

When the system changes, those older tickets won’t be in the system anymore but GS can exchange them with current tickets

When the system changes, those older tickets won’t be in the system anymore but GS can exchange them with current tickets
Thank you for posting your experience! I really dread the thought of arriving at the gate and being told that my tickets cannot be used. I have emailed GS to find out whether my tickets can be used.

My fear is they won’t accept them. If that happens, I’m not sure what I’d do. I guess I’d have to buy tickets at the gate, right? I’m coming from Canada too, so it’s not like we’re next door.

I purchased AAA ticket offer about 20 years ago. All I had was a faded receipt and AAA would not assist. So I went to USO Guest Servcies and they basically asked what I needed.
It is very unusual for USO to say No to a guest in my experience.
I have not been able to use these tickets yet but they continue to verify that they are still good and in their system .
Currently we all have APs …some day we will need them for a guest or something. Eventually.
Good luck !

Thank you for posting your experience! I really dread the thought of arriving at the gate and being told that my tickets cannot be used. I have emailed GS to find out whether my tickets can be used.
What we did when we went in May is go to guest services and they swapped out our old printed from a printer tickets purchased in 2016 for tickets that were wallet sized. Yes the tickets will still be valid and will still work via entry.
Update: I downloaded the Universal App and chatted with a team member via the text function. I provided them with the barcodes on the tickets, and the TM informed me that both tickets were still valid. :)
Yours will be valid but check where they are listed on your app. For ours the tickets were unusable via the app as they listed as expired so the barcode was grayed out (expiration was listed as 3 years from the date of purchase but we knew they would still work). This wasn't a big issue it just meant we had to use the paper tickets we got at guest services. I believe we could have used our printed out ones.

What we did when we went in May is go to guest services and they swapped out our old printed from a printer tickets purchased in 2016 for tickets that were wallet sized. Yes the tickets will still be valid and will still work via entry.

Yours will be valid but check where they are listed on your app. For ours the tickets were unusable via the app as they listed as expired so the barcode was grayed out (expiration was listed as 3 years from the date of purchase but we knew they would still work). This wasn't a big issue it just meant we had to use the paper tickets we got at guest services. I believe we could have used our printed out ones.
My tickets are from 2014. When I tired to scan them via the app, I received a message saying the scanner could not read the barcodes. That’s why I used the messenger feature and texted with a TM/bot. Upon their directives, I manually keyed in each barcode number into our chat. By doing this they were able to determine that my tickets were still valid.

I’m okay if my tickets won’t work via the app too. I can always wear a lanyard and keep my ticket in the pouch for easy access.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter