Old Rewards Board Vmk Thread

I got the invite. Thank you :) I'm going to try and register again.

Ginny

Nope, still no luck. Maybe I'll try tomorrow. :)

Thank you!
Ginny

congrats Mal ........great going , been looking for you there but not found ya yet

What are people typing to get the ### sign. Someone said that it's a way to type in numbers. I can't type in the # sign so they must be typing in something else. :confused3

gdulaney, do you have any internet security programs on your PC? I have Norton Internet Security. For my log in, I have full access, and have no problems getting in. For my DDs', I have them set to Child. They get the VMK logon screen, VMK loading, dictionary loading, then a message indicating the connection was lost.

I am still working on getting them access under their log ons (to XP).

Wondering if you have the same problem.

there are certain words that dont work and also numerics do not work when you try to type two it comes out ###

buzzlady said:
What are people typing to get the ### sign. Someone said that it's a way to type in numbers. I can't type in the # sign so they must be typing in something else. :confused3

Any time you type in a word not in their dictionary, you will get three #. I believe all numbers are not in the dictionary to prevent kids from entering their phone numbers and other personal information.

So, if you typed: "There are four hidden mickeys", it would come up "There are ### hidden mickeys".

State names are also not in dictionary. So "Hawaii is the 50th state", you would get "### is the ### ###"

It gets rather frustrating, but I understand the concern.

mousefan said:
there are certain words that dont work and also numerics do not work when you try to type two it comes out ###

When I type something that isn't acceptable, the word turns red and if I hit enter it won't enter what I have typed. :confused3

buzzlady said:
When I type something that isn't acceptable, the word turns red and if I hit enter it won't enter what I have typed. :confused3
Try hitting enter twice

QUOTE=Maleficent2]hi and thanks for being online and making such a fun game even for us grown ups

1.What about us poor folks with dial up just can not seem to make any points and if it takes forever to get anywhere in the game as far as points I am afraid alot of us will get bored with it and lose interest?

2.Will there be codes out there we can get for points other ways than just at the parks?

3.Will there be "real"pins that can be had for finishing quests as well as points?

4. Will Pal Mickey give out any codes while using him at WDW?(hint hint)

1. Sorry for the slowness, the game is currentlly designed for broadband. Not sure that is much help...sorry

2. Yes, keep your eyes open there is aready a code released!!

3. There are "real" prizes that can be won from the in park (Disneyworld & Disneyland) quests. Perhaps you can get a pin....

4. You will have to ask again once the game has launched...sorry!

Thanks,
Yavn

If you would like to read the entire thread or ask your own questions
http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166&page=1&pp=10

Mal

thegales said:
gdulaney, do you have any internet security programs on your PC? I have Norton Internet Security. For my log in, I have full access, and have no problems getting in. For my DDs', I have them set to Child. They get the VMK logon screen, VMK loading, dictionary loading, then a message indicating the connection was lost.

I am still working on getting them access under their log ons (to XP).

Wondering if you have the same problem.

thegales,
No, we don't have any children controls... I'm thinking it might have something to do with me being on a dial up rather than broadband. Maybe I'm timing out or something. I'll keep trying.

Thanks for the ideas though,
Ginny :)

Ginny

that could be it but once you finally get it to load you have alot less problems at least I have.
I hope you get in soon!

Looks like Yvan answered the question about "REAL" prizes! WooHoo.....

Mal

I found out a few things today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you set up a character at WDW or Disneyland you get 3 things :

1. the Disneyland Pin 5/9
2. Mickeyears
3. you get a VMK logo and the tag Born at WDW

Can't wait until next trip!

1. When you click on the stage curtain in VMK central you now get a Hidden Mickey Diary so you can track what HM you have

2. The camera no longer lets you cancel pics

3. punctuation is back

4. you can now put things on the tables in your room

5. Magic Pins take longer to recharge

Mal

I noticed while playing today that when I took photos of some hidden mickeys, it wouldn't asked me to save - just tell me I found one. However, as in previous days, and in some instances today, it simply gave me to golden mickey icon and then proceeded to ask me to save. I think it's fun to be playing it while they tweek all these things.

I overheard a conversation yesterday in VMK with one of the cast members. They were talking to a player who got a code from DISNEY ADVENTURES MAGAZINE. I don't know if it's the same if you buy it over-the-counter or if you have to be a subscriber to get a code, but it's worth a look!

And did anyone else check out Yvan's room? Wow - it is cool! It's different from all the rest - a pirate ship setting, I think. He wasn't in the room when I visited though :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter