Old Magic Bands/Fastpass plus Loophole Closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please forgive me (and be gentle). I am so confused. If I bring magic bands of family members who have been before, but won't be on this trip - I can get FP on those bands? Without tickets attached to the MDE account? Really?

Discat- That's what I was just asking too! I hope so- that would be such an easy way to do it!

Provided that this loophole is still open in June, would this work:

1. We have a one night DVC reservation. There are six people on the resort reservation, but the room can hold 9. Can I add phantom people to my reservation (who won't have tickets) in order to get 3 extra MBs and then use those phantom bands for SDFP when we go into the parks?

2. After the one night, we are moving to another resort and they are sending us 6 more MBs. Can I add those same phantom people in order to get 3 more MBs to cover my family of 6?

3. Dumb question....but how do you keep the MBs straight? Are names printed on them?

Edit: I am guessing that the 3 phantom guests need to be different on each resort reservation so that they don't clone.

Last edited:
I have 4 bands linked to DH's account that I'm bringing for SDFP, as this trip is liked to my account. Do I need to scan each band at the kiosk or can I scan one and all 4 will show up?

I have 4 bands linked to DH's account that I'm bringing for SDFP, as this trip is liked to my account. Do I need to scan each band at the kiosk or can I scan one and all 4 will show up?

If they are all linked to your DH, you will only be able to get one FP, not 4. They would all be clones of each other.

If they are all linked to your DH, you will only be able to get one FP, not 4. They would all be clones of each other.
No, DH has his own account with 4 bands from a room only reservation we made last year. Those bands are not linked to my account in any way. I just need to know if I need to scan 1 or all 4 when I get to the kiosk, since I usually send just 1 kid to do it.

I'm sure someone has explained this but I just want to clarify- I'm heading to MK with just one of my kids next month. If I change my hotel reservation to say 2 of my family members are coming but don't then buy them tickets- I can use those extra magic bands at the park for sdfp? Its ok if they are on my MDE from past trips as long as they don't have current tickets right? Or do i need to create something totally separate?
Thanks so much if anyone knows the answer!

Please forgive me (and be gentle). I am so confused. If I bring magic bands of family members who have been before, but won't be on this trip - I can get FP on those bands? Without tickets attached to the MDE account? Really?

Yes for both of these but only on the day of at a kiosk in the park. As of now at least - I'm hearing of a lot of upgrades to the FPP system coming in April (including changing over to the 4th FPP from your phone - I've seen dates including April 4 and April 20-22 for this) and don't have confidence it'll continue to work past then but am sure it'll be reported either way here if/when it changes or continues to work!

Provided that this loophole is still open in June, would this work:

1. We have a one night DVC reservation. There are six people on the resort reservation, but the room can hold 9. Can I add phantom people to my reservation (who won't have tickets) in order to get 3 extra MBs and then use those phantom bands for SDFP when we go into the parks?

2. After the one night, we are moving to another resort and they are sending us 6 more MBs. Can I add those same phantom people in order to get 3 more MBs to cover my family of 6?

3. Dumb question....but how do you keep the MBs straight? Are names printed on them?

Edit: I am guessing that the 3 phantom guests need to be different on each resort reservation so that they don't clone.

Correct that if they're the same 3 people those 2 sets will be clones of each other. I don't use MB's but old cards and just use a Sharpie to write on them (usually a CM did at the time but they wear off quickly). You could do the same with the MB's or just coordinate colors. And they do come with what you personalize them with assuming you do so in advance for your hotel stay so you could use first names with different numbers or first names on one set and middle names on another or whatever you preferred.

No, DH has his own account with 4 bands from a room only reservation we made last year. Those bands are not linked to my account in any way. I just need to know if I need to scan 1 or all 4 when I get to the kiosk, since I usually send just 1 kid to do it.
If there aren't tickets assigned to them you will have to scan each one at the kiosk. Once you make the initial 3 FPP's, if you go in and add more or change, all 4 should show up if you just scan one from the group (but you'll have to do this each day).

Correct that if they're the same 3 people those 2 sets will be clones of each other. I don't use MB's but old cards and just use a Sharpie to write on them (usually a CM did at the time but they wear off quickly). You could do the same with the MB's or just coordinate colors. And they do come with what you personalize them with assuming you do so in advance for your hotel stay so you could use first names with different numbers or first names on one set and middle names on another or whatever you preferred.

But, is my theory correct? Adding, let's say Mickey, Donald, and Goofy to the first reservation and getting those MBs and then Minnie, Daisy, and Pluto to the second reservation and then getting those MBs, would allow us 6 extra MBs (without ticket media) with which make SDFP for my family of 6 (provided this still works in June)?

Thanks so much for your help.

But, is my theory correct? Adding, let's say Mickey, Donald, and Goofy to the first reservation and getting those MBs and then Minnie, Daisy, and Pluto to the second reservation and then getting those MBs, would allow us 6 extra MBs (without ticket media) with which make SDFP for my family of 6 (provided this still works in June)?

Thanks so much for your help.
As far as I'm aware, yes, this would work. But I'm local and don't stay at Disney resorts so I am not an expert on this part of it. I've been following these SDFP threads for well over a year now and I think it would but will let some of the resort experts check in.

So with the new updates to the fastpass system and MDE, I wonder if this "loophole" still works. Anybody try it this week?

BUT .. I wonder if there is an even bigger loophole that can be exploited by owners of no-expiration tickets or annual passes.
Yep, we're local and have 3 college/military sons with AP's who live out of state. Can use their AP's (yes, I tested yesterday still) and book FPP's 30 days in advance and then use them. This is particularly helpful when I have a friend visit so between the 3 kids, DH, mine and the friend's AP's/tickets I can get a total of 3 sets (9 total) of FPP's for 2 people each. Or to be able to get that second Tier 1 in a park.

It just seems odd that Fast Passes work in the parks if they aren't scanned at the turnstiles.
This perplexes me too since the old paper FP system checked for park entry and it wasn't possible to get a FP for someone who hadn't used the ticket to enter that day. Not sure why they don't do it any more and I was sure this update was going to change it. Sure it's only a matter of time...

I will be at the parks multiple times over the next couple weeks so will update here in this forum if anything changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter