Old Key West Near HH Best Building

Omoreno

Earning My Ears
I’ve never stayed at Old Key West, but I showed my husbands mom the resorts and we decided to stay there for a family vacation. This is only our second DVC trip, so I don’t know much about the resort. I booked a two bedroom lock-off near hospitality house. We won’t have a car, so near HH was a must for us.

What is the best building/group of buildings to be in? 11-14 seems to be closer to HH, but I heard 23-25 have the best view. We are all in our twenties other than his mom who does not require an elevator. We hope to be on the second floor.

We are staying January 2-9th if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

23-25 have a good view but I will say the road that goes from that set of homes to HH is really busy. We usually request 62 or 63. It is pretty close to HH. Do remember they have an internal bus system that will bring you from whichever group to the HH. I will be there this December and I will set a reminder to give you further feedback. :)

For what it is worth OKW is one of our favorite DVC resorts.

23-25 have a good view but I will say the road that goes from that set of homes to HH is really busy. We usually request 62 or 63. It is pretty close to HH. Do remember they have an internal bus system that will bring you from whichever group to the HH. I will be there this December and I will set a reminder to give you further feedback. :)

For what it is worth OKW is one of our favorite DVC resorts.
Is 62 and 63 near HH in catagories

It is not. We must just get lucky. We don't have stair problems and have never requested anything like that. We just ask for high-floor and close to bus stop. I will usually call about a week before and ask for 62, 63, or 64.

Building 14 is our favorite. There's a one bedroom on the top floor overlooking the fairway that we had, which was a stellar view.

Is it just the three of you, or will there be some people sleeping in the living room? If there will be people in the living, I suggest a building numbered 30 or above. The resort was build in phases, building numbers below 30 only have one entrance to the main bathroom...through the master bedroom. If no one will be sleeping in the living room, then it will not make a difference.

No matter where you stay in the Near HH category, I'm going to recommend boarding theme park buses at the Peninsular Road stop, near bldgs 23 to 26, as at busy times of day the buses can be full before they reach the Hospitality House stop.

Building 14 is our favorite. There's a one bedroom on the top floor overlooking the fairway that we had, which was a stellar view.
Like this view. B584B68B-5AF6-4ECD-ACC5-E34A172FFA05.jpeg

This was the view from our studio in building 14 this spring. I’m guessing the 1 bedroom you speak about is attached to this studio. I was shocked to see the DS Aerophile up in the morning when I was eating breakfast.

Yes. Here's the view we had.
Sorry Disboards wants to flip it horizontally. Can't see any option to rotate it to the proper vertical.
IMG_3325.JPG

Yes. Here's the view we had.
Sorry Disboards wants to flip it horizontally. Can't see any option to rotate it to the proper vertical.
View attachment 588324
The Dis wants the picture in landscape mode. So if you turn your phone sideways for pics it will load them properly. Not sure why there software does this.

The 1 bedroom has a much nicer view. I can’t complain this studio had the best view out of the 4 studios we have stayed at in OKW.

We recently stayed in building 26. It was fine and the walk to HH was easy. Going forward I would shoot for 23 if we were in that section again. The benefit we thought was that this was really close to the first bus stop and this was great after a day at the parks. When getting on the bus, we would walk to HH and grab them there since it's the last stop. Just what works for us. This resort is amazing overall.

We just left building 24 and thought that it was a great location. Easy walk to hospitality. The busy road didn’t bother us…everyone ia really good about yielding at the crosswalk.

We recently stayed in building 26. It was fine and the walk to HH was easy. Going forward I would shoot for 23 if we were in that section again. The benefit we thought was that this was really close to the first bus stop and this was great after a day at the parks. When getting on the bus, we would walk to HH and grab them there since it's the last stop. Just what works for us. This resort is amazing overall.
I have stayed in building 23 before. We were in a studio on the second floor right next to Peninsular Road. You could hear every, bus, golf cart and boat horn that went by in the room. I’m a light sleeper and use white noise to help me sleep. The noises would wake me up everyday. They weren’t as bad as the ferry horns in the PVB lake view studios. Of the 4 studios we stayed in at OKW the only one we did not have traffic noises was building 14. We stayed in a GV in building 22 and it was very quiet too.

I have stayed in building 23 before. We were in a studio on the second floor right next to Peninsular Road. You could hear every, bus, golf cart and boat horn that went by in the room. I’m a light sleeper and use white noise to help me sleep. The noises would wake me up everyday. They weren’t as bad as the ferry horns in the PVB lake view studios. Of the 4 studios we stayed in at OKW the only one we did not have traffic noises was building 14. We stayed in a GV in building 22 and it was very quiet too.
You need to stay turtle pond near the turtle shack. Pretty quiet back there.

You're absolutely right about the traffic but we are heavy sleepers so I didn't take that into consideration. We go in April with a one bedroom and what I want more than anything is a great golf view. So relaxing on the patio with a coffee or adult drink and watching the course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter