"Old Fashioned" FP AND FP+?

scard192 said:
You are making the assumption that we can change to POR using the FD PIN that we are currently booked under. I get that its all luck with which resorts are testing and which are not. Its allowing the FP+ people to use the old system as well that bothers me. If that wasn't happening it would be different.

I don't know if you want to consider switching but I too was booked at POFQ for Sept 21-30 and I called last week just to see (thinking they'd tell me there was no availability and I'd be able to put this out of my mind) but they were able to switch me to POR for no charge, even kept my same ressie #.

I guess I have to disagree with the others. We were there last week and felt that FP was going much faster than normal. We are avid FP users, and I can generally guesstimate about where the FP return will be. They were generally (not always, just generally) much further out than we expected.

Between that and constant ride breakdowns, we rode a lot less than normal - despite going during a "low crowd" time.

(Also, double dipping? By the end of the week we had *20* items of media that would dispense FPs, for four people. We only double-dipped once - after we'd waited in a line only to have the ride break down - because it didn't feel ethically right to me. So yeah, if you knew what to do, you could go gangbusters.)

I guess I have to disagree with the others. We were there last week and felt that FP was going much faster than normal. We are avid FP users, and I can generally guesstimate about where the FP return will be. They were generally (not always, just generally) much further out than we expected.

We've been going during this time frame for the past four years. Last week we found that FP times were about the same as previous years and last week was the first time in my four years going that rides were not down at all. We must have gone to opposite parks. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter