OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I rented through an owner, and requested STAndard view, which was the only option besides HH. We will be moving over from the Vistana after 2 weeks for 2 nights and will probably have lots of food left before getting on the auto train on the 5th. We’ll probably do Olivias and whatever TS in DS we haven’t had. Or want to repeat for main meals. On the map, are bodies of water the gray? What are regarded as the best water view buildings? Are all buildings open? And how does one make room requests? Thanks so much!

Room requests are best made through the DVC owner you've rented from, or through your broker if you used a broker. You can request a water view through them. Remember that OKW does not have elevators except in bldgs 62 to 64, so if stairs are an issue, be sure to also request a ground floor unit. the the OKW stair are a pretty gentle rise with a few steps (I'll say 10 but probably fewer), a landing, and a few more steps.

Everyone has their personal favorite areas, I personally like to be near the Old Turtle Pond bus stop. In that area bldgs 32, 33, 34, 35 and 43 would have the best water views, probably with 35 and 43 being the best of those.

Chuck, thanks so much. We don’t care about stairs, and always request 3rd floor at Vistana.
can I ask the owner to request simply waterview or to request specific buildings?

You can have the owner request water view, or list several buildings. Though, I usually request a general area like Turtle Pond or South Point, near bus stop, and then water view or golf view, depending on which I want for that trip. There is still no guarantee you'll get your requests, but I do get them about 80% of the time. List them in order of priority, and the owner can use online chat, email, or call to give them to Member Services.

Chuck, again thanks. If top priority is quiet waterview, without regard to bus stops, Turtle Pond or South Point?

Chuck, again thanks. If top priority is quiet waterview, without regard to bus stops, Turtle Pond or South Point?
Either is good. If you want to walk to the main pool, check-in, and the resort store, Turtle Pond would be a few steps closer. For park buses, the stops are 1) Peninsular Road 2) South Point 3) Turtle Pond 4) Miller's Road 5) North Cove Road (Main Check-in) then off to the parks, assuming they are following their normal routes. Or you can hop on any park bus. To return to your unit, you can walk across the bridge for Main Check-in to Peninsular Road stop and again, hop on any bus. There is an internal bus,but the park buses are usually faster, as the internal loop bus is also used for Disney Springs and (seasonally) Typhoon Lagoon. It stops at Main Check in first and last.

If you need the door to the bathroom through the laundry room, you'll want Turtle Pond or South Point. Any building numbered higher than 29 has the door at the back of the laundry room to the toilet room. Any guests sleeping in the living room would need to go through the master bedroom to get to the toilet room in rooms numbered 29 or less. They added the extra door during the second phase of construction.

For quietest water View I would request building 55. The boats are not running right now to Disney Springs. 55 will get you off the bus route. The nosiest things at OKW are the busses, golf carts and boat horns. Have fun, we will be down at OKW in November in a Grand Villa, can’t wait.

Seeing the room requests happening, we are going with friends in November in a 2BR. First floor works best for them. We have no car and are relying on buses. What’s the best request to put in to have us be the first (or one of the first) bus stops and also be close to the main pool?

So there’s only one bathroom in a 2BR?
Quiet off bus route sounds great. We won’t be riding the buses.

So there’s only one bathroom in a 2BR?
Quiet off bus route sounds great. We won’t be riding the buses.
There are two bathrooms in a 2 Bedroom unit. The previous post was commenting about people sleeping in the living room area of a 1 or 2 BR unit.

Seeing the room requests happening, we are going with friends in November in a 2BR. First floor works best for them. We have no car and are relying on buses. What’s the best request to put in to have us be the first (or one of the first) bus stops and also be close to the main pool?
27, 28 or 29. Right next to Peninsular Rd bus stop. Request ground floor.

How late do the buses run from HH to the other OKW stops? We're arriving pretty late. I'm guessing it will be close to midnight once the ME gets us to the hotel.

Most park busses will not be running. The internal bus will depend upon when Disney Springs closes during the COVID mess. It usually runs until 2 am. I'm thinking Bell Services may still be running 24 hours, and they can take you to your room on a golf cart.

We may be going in November for four nights. But we are only doing parks 1-2 days. Since we are spending a lot of time at the resort, could you give me your “must do’s” for the resort please?

We may be going in November for four nights. But we are only doing parks 1-2 days. Since we are spending a lot of time at the resort, could you give me your “must do’s” for the resort please?
We always enjoyed spending time at the quiet pool by our room (Turtle Pond). There is a walkway (daylight hours only) over to Disney Springs. We also like breakfast at Olivia’s. You can also take bus over to HS and tour the skyliner resorts. You can take bus to MK and tour monorail resorts. Depending on when you are here in November, some of the holiday decorations may be up.

Last edited:
When the golf courses are open, we like watching the golfers. I don't think Lake Buena Vista course starting at SSR is open right now.

Hi, OKWers! I'm staying at OKW for the first time in early November for six days. I'm driving down from Maryland and using my points for the first time as a DVC owner (was supposed to go in May and August but postponed for Covid). Looking forward to a relaxing stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter