OKW GV Advice

MI Mickey FAN

Earning My Ears
I am a BWV gal and we are taking the family in Jan but all of the GV's are being remodeled so I was wondering if anyone has a suggested building or specific villa at OKW they like. There will be 6 adults a 3 yr. old and a 6 mo. old.

One thing....my DH, DS and I love Disney. The rest of the crew is very skeptical so I want to make sure that we impress everyone and let them in on why we think it's so great. (no forty mile hikes to the bus....just teasing!)

Thanks! :D

Have you seen the OKW Grand Villa? It's pretty cool too, but I've seen the BW Grand Villa, and they both have good points:D

Location...let me think....Building 19 is smoking, but the Grand Villa over looks one of the quiet pools. I like this building because my Mother can sit on the porch and watch the kids swim without sitting in the sun.

Buildin 48 has a nice view of the golf course. That is all the Grand Villa's I've stayed in.

The big plus with the Grand Villa at OKW is that it has a 4th bathroom right off the living room. This bathroom also has a walk in shower, it really comes in handy.

So, I would say, any location you get at OKW is a good location.

thanks for the hints. I have seen the GV and it is great. I would be happy anywhere. I just want to make sure everyone else is for the points we've saved/are using!

Anyone else?;) I'm interested to know which GV people recommend, as well. My sister is DVC and maybe someday, she'll treat us to the pleasure of staying in one!!!:D

I've stayed in seven different OKW GVs, each has been great. There really wasn't anything bad about any location except one. When we were near the new construction of the buildings that took place of the Commodore house, we were near the main road. When you were on the balcony, you did over look water and a golf hole, but behind that was the road. There was more noise from the road than I had ever experienced before or after.

You may have a difficult time getting an OKW GV with the seven month window. A few years ago, I would have said that you had no chance at all, none, zero....but since the passes ended, OKW owners have begun to use their points for other things more often. This has made reserving the GV somewhat easier. They are still the most desired unit and go the fastest, you need to call the day the window opens up and hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter