• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW advice.

secox28

Mouseketeer
HI everyone... I am going to WDW in January, and staying at OKW. I would like to make a request for a specific building (I know it's not guaranteed), but I need help. This is the only resort I have not stayed at yet. I know someone out there is as crazy as me, and knows all of the best buildings to stay in at each resort. :teeth: Soooooo I am asking for help.

Here is my situation: I have three small kids (6, 3 and 14 months) The baby will be in a stroller much of the time. We are staying with family at the resort, but we all have studios. We will need decent access to buses, and Downtown Disney. My kids are well behaved, but I really don't want to keep worrying that they are bothering other people (i.e. adults who are there for a quiet vacation).

Thank you for any advice. Oh, and please let me know your thoughts for Olivia's. :wave:

Excellent - you will love it there - remember the studios at OKW have 2Q beds in them and a mini-fridge, microwave, paper plates and a small sink - the studios there are about 360 sq feet.

if your kids like swimming you and you want to be within walking distance, consider trying for buildings such as 11-16, 62-64 (these have elevators), 23-26 would work ok as well - all of these are near bus stops as well

You should ask for ground floor as well so your kids do not bother people below (in case they run a lot) and also makes it easier with the stroller (we have stayed there and done that exact strategy with our kids) - they will love the kids play area at the main pool

Sorry can't help with Olivia's - have not eaten there

okwmap.jpg

cheers
jaysue

I have dined at Oliva's once for dinner. I had the filet minion and it was one of the best i have ever eaten. I like the atmosphere of the restaurant also. I want to go back.

The buildings in South Point would be closest to DD (lower right corner on the map), but it's about a mile walk to Cirque from there and you may not want that challenge with small children in strollers.

I'd request ground floor, near HH. All buses stop at HH before leaving the resort, so it's pretty easy to get to the main pool and Olivia's from anyplace at the resort - it's also an easy walk to that area, even with strollers. From HH, it also easy to catch a bus or boat to DD.

Enjoy!

GalDisney said:
I have dined at Oliva's once for dinner. I had the filet minion and it was one of the best i have ever eaten. I like the atmosphere of the restaurant also. I want to go back.

:confused3 GalDisney, you ate a minion??? OMG! scared :scared:scared :scared:scared :scared:scared :scared:scared :scared:

cheers
jaysue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter