Oklahoma hate speech....

Oh, yeah, here's another reason for that field trip:

With 200 man-made lakes, Oklahoma has more man-made lakes than any other state and boasts over one million surface-acres of water and 2,000 more miles (3,200 km) of shoreline than the Atlantic and Gulf coasts combined. Lake Eufaula is the largest lake in the state, covering 102,000 surface acres.

Zebco (fishing gear) is also headquartered in Tulsa (probably b/c of all that shoreline!). My dad also just told me that the PGA championship in Tulsa was for a record 4th time this year.

I can't wait to check out the Oklahoma Exhibit at the F&WF this year...I only hope they don't do something oopidstay...:scared:

^^Yeah, cause we can't see man-made lakes and pro golfers anywhere else. Oh!! A little state known as North Carolina. Lake Norman is man-made, and the Wachovia Championship, one of the largest non-major golf tournaments, is held at Quail Hollow golf club in Charlotte every May. And that's all within a half an hour!

^^Yeah, cause we can't see man-made lakes and pro golfers anywhere else. Oh!! A little state known as North Carolina. Lake Norman is man-made, and the Wachovia Championship, one of the largest non-major golf tournaments, is held at Quail Hollow golf club in Charlotte every May. And that's all within a half an hour!

Wow...they golf fast in North Carolina

I didnt realize that it was going to leave that "Deleted Message" thing a couple of posts up or I would have written something much wittier in my reason for deleting.....

Like...."the voices in my head wont stop talking"...or something like that.

Does this make Oklahoma the new Costaguadamexirico?

Next thing you know...Samantha Brown is going to be doing shows from there. I can see it now....Passport to Oklahoma.

Wow - 200 man made lakes - Thats a lot of watering holes for the cattle!

Wow...they golf fast in North Carolina
:rotfl2:

I just figured out how to use that QUOTE thing.

I am soooo excited.
We are so proud of you!!!

I didnt realize that it was going to leave that "Deleted Message" thing a couple of posts up or I would have written something much wittier in my reason for deleting.....

Like...."the voices in my head wont stop talking"...or something like that.

Does this make Oklahoma the new Costaguadamexirico?

Next thing you know...Samantha Brown is going to be doing shows from there. I can see it now....Passport to Oklahoma.
:lmao: Can't wait for THAT Samantha Brown show! Not sure if I'm ready for all that excitement!!

OMG, :scared1: I can't wait. Shes my favorite person (besides any of the DIS podcast crew of course) That would give me an actual reason to visit the "OAKies" :love: :rolleyes1

Just a comment on why Oklahoma is at Epcot first. The news here is that the state has a very big budget to spend on celebrating the 100 year birthday.
I would guess that money is the main reason. I am sure Disney is making a good profit off of it. Oklahoma is pretty great place to live. Low crime rate and no gridlock, but that's not for everyone. It sure is a great place to raise a family. Walt would be proud that Oklahoma is coming to Disney!

North Carolina is so much better than Oklahoma.

Pulled pork barbeque and fried everything! What could be better?

I'm really hungry now.

North Carolina is so much better than Oklahoma.

Pulled pork barbeque and fried everything! What could be better?

I'm really hungry now.

NC does not have the market cornered on pulled pork and fried everything... ;) I'll be at Rib Crib and County Line sometime in the next couple of weeks! :woohoo:

(and Eskimo Joe's and Hideaway Pizza???)

NC does not have the market cornered on pulled pork and fried everything... ;) I'll be at Rib Crib and County Line sometime in the next couple of weeks!

If you want *good* barbecue, try Elmer's (31st & Harvard in Tulsa, or thereabouts). The WSJ had an article about the best barbecue in the country a couple weeks back, and one of the places in Tulsa got a mention, but I don't recall which one.

If you want *good* barbecue, try Elmer's (31st & Harvard in Tulsa, or thereabouts). The WSJ had an article about the best barbecue in the country a couple weeks back, and one of the places in Tulsa got a mention, but I don't recall which one.

I'll have to see about Elmer's, I know my Dad's mentioned it before. Quite honestly, living in Ohio, Rib Crib *IS* "*good* barbecue" :lmao:

When I read the "threatening" post a field trip to Oklahoma I heard about golf, man-made lakes and Bohemian stuff....

noooo one said anything about anything like the Rib Crib

Now we're talking.

Dont get excited...I'm still not coming to Oklahoma but at least you got my attention

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter