• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oklahoma DVC'ers?

loribell

DIS Veteran
I know there is at least one more, Mikesmom, but are there any others? If so where do you live?

I'm in Tuttle, a small town just outside of OKC.

Anyone else?
Lori

Pick me, Pick me....

Stillwater
Own at BCV and WL.

Going in MAY!!!!

3 nights SSR, 3 day cruise, then 7 nights at BCV

WOO HOO!

I live just down the street from OkieDisney in Stillwater, OK. It's nice to know there's another Disney junkie in the neighborhood!! We own at VWL and will be going to OKW for 10 days in August! I also met another Oklahoma DVC family last month - we were both in the ESPN club cheering on the cowboys during the Big 12 tourney. It was kind of hard to miss the orange. LOL!

We live in Tulsa and have been members since OKW opened. Both of our sons are students at OU now(hard for me to say since I am an OSU grad!). We also know of another family in Tulsa that was on my son's soccer team several years back. We love it.

We just joined so I'm not sure our membership is "official" yet, but we've put a deposit down for SSR. We were just at WDW in March & made our decision then. Our SSR room was beautiful.

Trying to speed up the contract process & get our first add-on started!

We live in Edmond - two proud OU grads here. Two teen dd's.

Hello Okie Friends

We are from Poteau, OK and are visiting our home at BCV in May. We also own at SSR.

Hi All!

That makes three from Stillwater. We are new members--first visit to OKW in September. Not our first Disney experience though. As near as I can figure we have made 19 trips to WDW and 2 to Disneyland. Until I found the DIS board I thought we were the only crazy Disney fans. Now I feel pretty humble!

PS As a kid I thought I looked like Karen on the Mickey Mouse Club!!!!!!!!!

Us too! We're originally from Chicago, but have lived happily in Tulsa for almost 10 years. We own at BCV and VWL, no kids, just a couple of kids at heart.

We're going "home" this Sunday the 17th! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Keep 'em coming.

I have a list of about 30-40 Okies and will try to plan a meet
as soon as DH finishes Law School!!!

WOO HOO!

OkieDisney

That sounds like a great idea for a meet. When is your husband graduating law school.

May from University of Tulsa!!!!! Bar Exam in July!

Four years of CHAOS!

We both work full time as professors at OSU in Stillwater!
And he then commutes 2x per week to school (actually
4x with Bar Review Courses this semester)

Two kiddos and I just can't say no to church, PTA, etc.
So we are BUSY!

Karen

Congratulations. I know he will do well.

My daughter graduated from University of Tulsa last spring. It is an excellent school. He should do well on the Bar Exam.

Mikesmom here and that makes 4 from Stillwater!! Maybe we ought to have a Stillwater branch. We own at BWV and OKW. Haven't been (except to HHI) since November 2003 because of DH having some joint surgery. Planning trip in October for Food & Wine.

I see some familiar faces here! I thought I'd try to get together a meet in April, but time is slipping away. We've been busy with DH's job search and DS's Eagle Scout project. Our family lives in Norman. We have a DS (almost 18) and a DD (14). Who would be interested in an Oklahoma City meet if I can put one together for possibly May? Or should we wait until summer? Hate to put it off until fall.

One thought DH and I came up with was to do Coach's at the ballpark in Bricktown for a game day. That way we could visit and watch the baseball game. Or we could do another spot in bricktown or even Norman. Any thoughts? Or would you rather do Stillwater? We always like to go to Eskimo Joe's when we have a chance. I know May can be a busy month. We have two impossible weekends - Eagle project and DD's dance recital.

We own at BWV and hope to go back in spring of '06. It all depends on DH's future job. By the way, he is a software developer. Anyone know of a company looking for IT folk?

Wow that's a lot of people from Stillwater. I will be there on Monday shooting pics for the Masterlist. Will probably be at Mexico Joes at about 1:00. Always have to stop in there for some good salsa!

I can't believe there are so many Okies here on the Dis in DVC! Good to see you all.

I will be at Disney from May 28th through June 14th. Would love to do a meet if others are up for it.

Let me know!
Lori

We'd love to do a meet too - but May will be pretty busy around our house too. Then the first week of June 5-13 we'll be on vacation. If we went for mid-June we could do something picnicy & bring all the kids.

I know my two had a great time at the last one & would want to come again if the dates work out. Most of July is pretty busy with camp & dd17 going to D.C. for the NSLC.

We would love to meet sometime as well - Bricktown or Eskimo Joe's both sound great! :cool1: By the way MerryPoppins, I have seen posts in the paper for IT directors with the OSU Foundation and OSU's Tulsa campus. I don't know if the positions have been filled or not. Some of the other Stillwater folks may know for sure.

Are any of you going to be in WDW the week after Thanksgiving?

MerryPoppins - a friend of mine just went to work for Globe Life headquarters in OKC. I don't know if they are still hiring, but he knew a few others that had been hired that were former Fleming co-workers of his. Might be worth an inquiry or sending a resume.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter