ok please explain passport or passport card

Brumeiser

Total Disney Nut
I see there is a United States passport card. It says it is for land border crossing at Canada, Mexico, Caribean, Bermuda and it is for land border crossing or sea ports of entry. So my question can this be used instead of the regular passport on the DCL? Thanks everyone :confused3

Yes. The passport card can be used for cruises, but not if you arrive by air. The problem with this is that if anything happens while you're in port in a foreign country during the cruise, and you need to fly back for any reason, then you will need a regular paper passport.

I would suggest getting a regular passport if you haven't gotten one already.

I read on the cruise boards that even though the rules say you can cruise with a passport card most cruise lines (including DCL) are not supporting them, some are not going to accept them at all, due to the no fly rule. I guess they don't want to deal with a issue of there is a passenger who can't ly home and wants to drag the Cruise line and airline into a war

I agree, it should all be the same for all modes of transportation. Everyone uses them or no one uses them.

I'm glad I have (and carry) my passport card. I lost my driver's license while in the Magic Kingdom this past Tuesday and was supposed to fly home that afternoon/evening. My passport card was valid identification for domestic air travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter