Ok, I have to ask...

Not every situation is the same, and more people need to keep in mind that they don't know the whole story before they make snap judgements.

This is my thought exactly! :flower3:

Everytime we've went, we've rented a stroller for our now 9 YO. Due to health problems, He simply doesn't have the stamina to walk all over WDW for 7 days.
He'll be 10 next trip..and we'll be getting one when he gets tired.
If people look and judge..I never know it, I'm too busy having a good time to notice!

AHHHH! Mommy strollers....that's a wish I'd like to get from the Dream Team!

There's a big difference between a 5 year old and a kid who is pushing middle school age.

Just DONT assume that 8+ yo is a 'typical child' in that stroller.

People have a way of forgetting there are kids that have real health needs (ie. hypotonia etc) that fit this category.

P.s. Sign me UP for a mommy stroller

Who wants to get a petition up to add a 'mommy stroller for a day' to the YOMD prize list?? :wizard:

We definitely encouraged our DS& to walk more this trip than we have before simply bc he was eating the usual WDW sack of sugar! We told him if he wanted to have that Mickey bar, then he needed to walk it off. He did agree to that. But there were days when both kids were so tired from being up late and no naps that we needed the strollers for both. My only guess why people are so judgemental is they think the strollers are always in their way and/or used as battering rams! But these people never seem to want to answer the questions as to WHY they feel this way!

I concur...who cares? The stroller could be used as a mobility device for older kids who have some type of disability or the poor kid might just be exhausted from trekking around the world all day (and week). Give them a break!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter