***OI Meetup*** November 19-20, 2021

Just got our tickets this weekend and this will be our first meet up. We are so excited for it, all the blog posts and vlogs on Youtube make it look amazing. Love Universal and haven't been for a few years so there is a lot of new stuff to check out now as well. Unfortunately, we missed out on the onsite discounts so booked a room offsite with a discount rate through work, but keeping an eye out for any rooms opening up on property. Figured save the money as we are getting in Thursday and leaving Sunday so not a ton of time to worry about the resort itself. Figure be at Universal most of the afternoon/evening and be sleeping in with the late nights. Hoping to go to Disney Springs and their MK resorts to check out Christmas decorations either Thursday or Sunday and then spend the rest of the time at CityWalk and the area to take it all in.

Looking forward to seeing all the Christmas decorations and the lights all night. I'm really hoping they do a holiday tribute store again as well as they always look so cool but haven't been able to see them in person.

Are there any good tips for a trip focused on the meetups, or the meetups itself, or any posts with them?

Yay welcome to the thread! I just went to my first meetup in June this year and even with the rain the first night it was ah-mazing! We had such a great time and can't wait to go back this November for the holiday decorations and cooler weather! We have a pretty long thread on the June meetup, some tips posted there and I might have posted again after we got back, I can't remember lol we were there for 9 days! It was our first trip back in 5 years, so we had a lot to do!

Since we don't know what the food situation is going to be, I hesitate on saying what to do on that part. In June we have bite zones, good ideas, just not executed super great considering the weather circumstance the first night, but was better the second night. It was to eat before the parks closed and reopened with unlimited food/drinks, so it was nice to not have to spend $ on that. I am sure as time gets closer we'll find out if we have any additional perks like June.

Big tip is when they send email out about the Pterendon Flyers lottery, be sure to sign up if you want a chance to ride (no height restrictions/kids required) but must have ticket to ride. You can check back later in the evening to see if they have any openings, but of course not guaranteed. Also note you won't be able to do all, ride all, see all and eat all LOL even though you'll want too! Make a loose plan of what is a must do and must eat focus on those and everything else is gravy. Between the two nights we rode just about everything that was open and didn't eat quite as much as my husband would have liked ha! but we still ate plenty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:bounce::bounce:139 Days til the November Meetup! :bounce::bounce:

Where is everyone staying, how long are you going for? First time, second or more? What are you looking forward to at this meetup?

Big tip is when they send email out about the Pterendon Flyers lottery, be sure to sign up if you want a chance to ride (no height restrictions/kids required) but must have ticket to ride. You can check back later in the evening to see if they have any openings, but of course not guaranteed. Also note you won't be able to do all, ride all, see all and eat all LOL even though you'll want too! Make a loose plan of what is a must do and must eat focus on those and everything else is gravy. Between the two nights we rode just about everything that was open and didn't eat quite as much as my husband would have liked ha! but we still ate plenty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OMG! I'm not going until the Dec weekend, but have never been on Pteranodon Flyers! That would be fantastic!

:bounce::bounce:139 Days til the November Meetup! :bounce::bounce:

Where is everyone staying, how long are you going for? First time, second or more? What are you looking forward to at this meetup?
Staying at Portofino Bay from Thursday to Sunday.

Second time for most of us, first time ever at UO for my Dad who is joining us!

Most looking forward to riding Hagrid’s and eating Fortescue’s!

Ohh my lawd. I ate sooo much ice cream. They had an apple pie flavor. I was in ice cream heaven

I cannot wait for this! I saw this event going on last December and was curious about it at that point. I've talked my parents into going with me and they are super excited. It will be our first meetup, but we've been to Universal quite a few times. Staying at our favorite Royal Pacific from Friday-Monday! I'm excited to ride Hagrid's again and try out Velocicoaster!

OMG! I'm not going until the Dec weekend, but have never been on Pteranodon Flyers! That would be fantastic!

Keep in mind it's not gauranteed! We sent in for tickets but weren't lucky enough to get chosen but that's OK, I figure eventually it'll happen, if not, that's just 1 ride in the parks I miss out on. Good luck!!

We are doing Royal Pacific Fri -Tues, we leave on Thurs from home, will stay in Valdosta like norm and drive the last 4 hours in the morning and hope we get a room at check in so we can rest before the meetup. I bet your dad will have such a great time! I couldn't ride Hagrids or Velocicoaster last time due to the extra "padding" lol so I am working on losing more before Nov. I had such high hopes this year, lost 15lbs in Jan-March for my sisters wedding but came home and lost my motivation. Hopefully not fitting in those this past June will keep me focused for November! We skipped the ice cream in June because the line was soooooo loooooonnnnnggggg hahaha, I know it moves fairly fast but I just didn't want to wait for that.

Ohh my lawd. I ate sooo much ice cream. They had an apple pie flavor. I was in ice cream heaven

I think I had that one before, I really did like the butterbeer softserve I think it was. Also the PBJ one was good! So many choices, I don't know that I'll ever try them all hahah.

I cannot wait for this! I saw this event going on last December and was curious about it at that point. I've talked my parents into going with me and they are super excited. It will be our first meetup, but we've been to Universal quite a few times. Staying at our favorite Royal Pacific from Friday-Monday! I'm excited to ride Hagrid's again and try out Velocicoaster!

This past June was our first event though we knew of them before the timing just never worked out for us. I am spoiled now, I really don't want to go back and not go to one lol I keep hoping in Nov them will announce the next one(s) but it may be Dec. We already plan to go back in May/June, so it would be nice if another one happens then! We are staying at RP as well, Fri-Tues, I bet we'll pass each other a few times! It's our first time staying there as we normally stay at my FIL's time share, Orange Lake. We stayed at Dockside and Hard Rock last trip and it was great. I am ready for both of those rides as well. My husband and older dd rode the VC and LOVED it! That is here with her hands up in the air back row lol she doesn't look like she's having any fun does she??? haha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

136 days!! So anyone been in June and can tell me what the weather really compares like in Nov to that? We went June 1-10 and while it was hot, it really wasn't hot to us until the last couple days because we are from the south and it's always hot in summer lol

Should I or shouldn't I?? LOL
I'm bringing my 13 yr old granddaughter for our 1st Universal trip. We normally do Disney but, she's a HP fan (I know nothing about it). But, I'm a huge big coaster fan.

I have booked RP for Nov 20th Sat - Wed & purchasing AP.
I know this will be a busy time but, of course her school isn't out during slow times. We are VERY used to Disney busy times.

NOW....I'm seeing this info about OI Meetup...........and thinking seriously about joining in. but, not sure I should.
I can add a room for Friday.......was thinking of changing & flying in that day anyways.

Our plan was 4 days in the 2 parks w/EP. I figured that would be plenty of time to enjoy everything.
But, we love the holiday parties at Disney & normally always do those. We like staying late/after park closes.

Being our 1st time at UO.......am I biting off too much???? but, was thinking HP area would be easier during this event for her to enjoy???

OMG, I am so excited (way too soon, too many months away...LOL).

TIA :thumbsup2

**was reading up on the website..........this really does look awesome. I see I missed out on the room discounts.....are there ever cancelations???

Last edited:
I'm bringing my 13 yr old granddaughter for our 1st Universal trip. We normally do Disney but, she's a HP fan (I know nothing about it). But, I'm a huge big coaster fan.

I know this will be a busy time but, of course her school isn't out during slow times. We are VERY used to Disney busy times.

NOW....I'm seeing this info about OI Meetup...........and thinking seriously about joining in. but, not sure I should.
I can add a room for Friday.......was thinking of changing & flying in that day anyways.

Our plan was 4 days in the 2 parks w/EP. I figured that would be plenty of time to enjoy everything.
But, we love the holiday parties at Disney & normally always do those. We like staying late/after park closes.

Being our 1st time at UO.......am I biting off too much???? but, was thinking HP area would be easier during this event for her to enjoy???

**was reading up on the website..........this really does look awesome. I see I missed out on the room discounts.....are there ever cancelations???
I would say it’s definitely worth it! We’ve been to Universal both ways - using Express Pass and with the OI Meetup. We far preferred the OI Meetup! We won’t do Universal any other way. Just the “free” food/drinks alone makes the event, in my opinion! Add the low crowds and you’ve got a winner!

I really think you’d be able to see enough of both parks with the two-night OI Meetup to be able to see/do/eat everything you want to!

I have a room at the Hard Rock Hotel at OI’s discounted rate from 11/18-11/21 ($175/night) that I’m not using - I’d be happy to coordinate cancellation with you if you want to try to pick it up!

I would say it’s definitely worth it! We’ve been to Universal both ways - using Express Pass and with the OI Meetup. We far preferred the OI Meetup! We won’t do Universal any other way. Just the “free” food/drinks alone makes the event, in my opinion! Add the low crowds and you’ve got a winner!

I really think you’d be able to see enough of both parks with the two-night OI Meetup to be able to see/do/eat everything you want to!

I have a room at the Hard Rock Hotel at OI’s discounted rate from 11/18-11/21 ($175/night) that I’m not using - I’d be happy to coordinate cancellation with you if you want to try to pick it up!
Yes...I'm very interested in your room. Let me double check my plans and if I decide on attending this event, I will get with you. I plan on deciding pretty fast !!

GOO!!!
Daigan Alley at night is worth it for a Potter fan.
The crowds are pretty light even in a sold out event night.
I have yet to hear of someone going to the OI event and regretting it.
Not much chance of getting a discount room. Those sell out pretty quick.

Yes do it! lol it's almost sold out so if you want tickets jump on it! We bought AP's for this past June trip and went for 9 days and 2 of them meetup nights and the meetup nights were ah-mazing! The HP part is so worth it, if you have a fan. We found that the HP areas are busy when the meetup first starts (so good to do other rides/eat then and then move to the areas as the night progresses. We were walking around both and they were empty after the rush (minus ice cream and butterbeer lines LOL) but the rest was so cool to be there without the hoards that are there in the day. Trust me, this will be about the only time you can be in that area without shoulder to shoulder people, esp during a holiday! Look how empty!

Attachments

• 20210604_234333130_iOS.jpg
    20210604_234333130_iOS.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210606_050439242_iOS.jpg
    20210606_050439242_iOS.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 13
THANKS!!! everyone!!
I'm just waiting on finding out if my granddaughter can miss school that Friday....if she can, I will purchase tickets today!!

This sounds awesome......I think I'll have to watch some Harry Potter before the trip so I'll know what I'm enjoying...LOL Are there cliffnote books available??? :rotfl2:

Yes do it! lol it's almost sold out so if you want tickets jump on it! We bought AP's for this past June trip and went for 9 days and 2 of them meetup nights and the meetup nights were ah-mazing! The HP part is so worth it, if you have a fan. We found that the HP areas are busy when the meetup first starts (so good to do other rides/eat then and then move to the areas as the night progresses. We were walking around both and they were empty after the rush (minus ice cream and butterbeer lines LOL) but the rest was so cool to be there without the hoards that are there in the day. Trust me, this will be about the only time you can be in that area without shoulder to shoulder people, esp during a holiday! Look how empty!
Thanks....hope to decide today!!
I see you're from N. Alabama............I'm just south of Birmingham.

not sure how hard coordinating this is..........have you had luck with this before?
I should know by this afternoon & if we can be there early enough on Friday, I would love to try for this room.
I didn't ask.......what type room do you have? 1 or 2 beds?

GOO!!!
Daigan Alley at night is worth it for a Potter fan.
The crowds are pretty light even in a sold out event night.
I have yet to hear of someone going to the OI event and regretting it.
Not much chance of getting a discount room. Those sell out pretty quick.
Thanks!!!
I'm going to try to work this out. I see rooms sell out quickly. Being new here, I'll be watching for next year dates.
I was worried about being too much for our 1st visit but, you all made me realize it will be worth it.

IT'S DONE!!! :bounce: :jumping3:
I actually purchased for both Fri & Sat nights!!! I am so excited!!!

Now to figure out some room options..........I am booked RP (no discount) for Fri-Wed....was watching for APH rates
Knowing OI discount may not come up.....since they are sold out.

But was playing around today, I was able to grab SE Dockside for OI discount @ $89 a night!!! booked that for Fri & Sat nights. Will modify the RP to Sun-Wed/this will give us EP for those days.
Hoping to work with mfly & get this moved to HRH.

with what I have right now..........Dockside Fri & Sat.......sleep in a little on Sun & move to RP for Sun-Wed.

QUESTION.........are the buses to Dockside bad leaving the OI Meetup?

IT'S DONE!!! :bounce: :jumping3:
I actually purchased for both Fri & Sat nights!!! I am so excited!!!

Now to figure out some room options..........I am booked RP (no discount) for Fri-Wed....was watching for APH rates
Knowing OI discount may not come up.....since they are sold out.

But was playing around today, I was able to grab SE Dockside for OI discount @ $89 a night!!! booked that for Fri & Sat nights. Will modify the RP to Sun-Wed/this will give us EP for those days.
Hoping to work with mfly & get this moved to HRH.

with what I have right now..........Dockside Fri & Sat.......sleep in a little on Sun & move to RP for Sun-Wed.

QUESTION.........are the buses to Dockside bad leaving the OI Meetup?
Yay!! You will have a blast!!

We did a split stay at Dockside/Hard Rock our last trip. Buses at the end of the night were the worst for us, every night at Dockside. The meetup night was prob not as bad as previous nights but there is still a decent line. Now, I would suggest being one of the last out of the parks if you can hang in that long. The buses run for about an hour after city walk closes, if I recall, you also have city walk people riding and not just meetup. Either way you will still have a good time and they send multiple buses at the end of the night and they pack you on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!