'Ohana?

Matthew Caito

Mouseketeer
When do we think it will reopen? This is not a buffet so I feel there is a space here for it to reopen.

Current rumors are pointing to the Poly re-opening for regular bookings around mid to late July. Hopefully by that time we'll get some more info on the date of 'Ohana and Trader Sam's. Maybe they'll be ready to go by late July?

When do we think it will reopen? This is not a buffet so I feel there is a space here for it to reopen.
From my understanding, the issue is more about the meats being passed from table to table by the servers, but there is no reason why the skewers can't be smaller and brought to table family style......we are hoping it will be open in August but boy oh boy I can't even imagine how quickly those reservations are going to fill!

Family style would be great. I was never able to get a reservation before they closed down. SOMEDAY, dangit! I can see why they wouldn't want to bring meat around table to table with people breathing on it, so family style would be a great compromise!

From my understanding, the issue is more about the meats being passed from table to table by the servers, but there is no reason why the skewers can't be smaller and brought to table family style......we are hoping it will be open in August but boy oh boy I can't even imagine how quickly those reservations are going to fill!

I don't see why this is an issue really though since you aren't actually touching the food as it passes from table to table. This is the same concept as a Brazilian steakhouse and those are open and operating all over the country.

I am hoping the service will be better. This used to be a favorite of ours but recent trips we felt rushed and they barely brought enough food to the table!

I don't see why this is an issue really though since you aren't actually touching the food as it passes from table to table. This is the same concept as a Brazilian steakhouse and those are open and operating all over the country.
Exactly and such an easy fix to just bring it out on a sizzling platter for the table. Also, people are constantly just looking for anything and everything to point out as wrong, especially for some reason when it comes to Disney. Karen's all over the world are waiting to point out that they don't want their food going to other tables...probably ever again if we're honest. Some things I just see as never coming back for these big places.

I haven't expected to see Ohana come back until the monorail is running there again.

I am hoping the service will be better. This used to be a favorite of ours but recent trips we felt rushed and they barely brought enough food to the table!

I don't know what it is... but Service has been hit and miss at both Ohana and Konoa for decades. Often more miss than hit.

We did Kona a few weeks ago, and while it was not what it was (limited menu) our server and those helping her from the kitchen were great. Even let us know the the Big Kahuna wasn't listed, but could be ordered.

Exactly and such an easy fix to just bring it out on a sizzling platter for the table. Also, people are constantly just looking for anything and everything to point out as wrong, especially for some reason when it comes to Disney. Karen's all over the world are waiting to point out that they don't want their food going to other tables...probably ever again if we're honest. Some things I just see as never coming back for these big places.

I haven't expected to see Ohana come back until the monorail is running there again.

Who is Karen and what does she have to do with anything?

I just hope it will open before we leave. We are there until July 22.

Hotel side has been accepting reservations starting July 19 ever since they announced the remodeling, so it seems a reasonable assumption Ohana will open by on on the 19th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter