Ohana or Stay in AK?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by jessie31383, May 15, 2018 at 7:18 AM.

?

Eat at Ohana for dinner or eat in park at AK?

1. Ohana

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. In Animal Kingdom

34 vote(s)
    81.0%
  1. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

I would not leave the park to dine unless you are bent on something specific. There are plenty of nice options available to choose. I woudl really say not to try to get to 'Ohana if you ant to make it back to the park for the evening entertainment. You would have a better chance of breathing under water.

2. CynBeth

CynBeth DIS Veteran

Either Rainforest Cafe in AK or Boma at AKL.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. mi*vida*loca

mi*vida*loca Collect memories, not things

I agree with PP's that AK has some of the best CS. We are going to AK on 3 separate days (not full days) and aren't doing any ADRs. We want to try Satuli. I'm a fan of Yak and Yeti QS. I like FTBBQ also. And we would like to try Nomad. I see no reason to leave the park.

Also if your ADR is 6:45 I wouldn't expect to be seated until 7:15 or so. Service can be really slow. You can easily just be leaving around 9 pm. Unless the park is closing at 11 pm it wouldn't even make sense to go back to AK.

5. DisneyFansInNYC

DisneyFansInNYC DIS Veteran

We LOVE Ohana yet I wouldn't leave AK to go to Ohana if I wanted to go back to AK at night. It is too much traveling. We love Yak and Yeti restaurant and Tusker House. We also enjoyed the CS Satuli Canteen.

6. Skippyboo

Skippyboo Mouseketeer

I would skip Ohana and eat in AK or a second option is to go over to AKL and hit Saana or Boma. It’s like a 5 min bus ride to AKL from AK.

7. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Yes, ohana has a lot of fans...sadly im not one of them. I really wanted to like it though. :( Anyway, I just meant in this scenario, when their ADR is at 645pm and she wants to go BACK to AK....i was wondering who was it that recommended going to ohana Lol. Its odd for anyone to recommend Ohana when you know there's very little chance of her making it back at a decent enough time to enjoy Pandora at night and Tree of Life.

8. Pmm_

Pmm_ Earning My Ears

It'll make your life a whole lot easier staying in AK. And you don't have to rush around.

9. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

If you noticed in my next post, I 'did' change my advice when I saw they planned to go back to AK afterward - no restaurant there is worth all that running and probably missing AK nighttime. :)

Just noticed 4 have voted for 'Ohana, but none are mine!! LOL

10. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

ha ha, yes i noticed that post. I was just teasing you. :laughing: And yes, im quite shocked there are 4 votes right now. Im quite perplexed by that. :eek: :confused3

North of Mouse likes this.
  11. DisneyFive

DisneyFive When is the 3:00 parade?

The only restaurants we go to that aren't in the parks are the easy ones to get to and back. for instance:

Monorail restaurants when at MK.
    Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club restaurants when at HS or EP.

Otherwise it's just too much precious time out of our day.

Dan

12. starwart

starwart Mouseketeer

It’s a cult thing. They will sell their children and spouse and pets for O’Hana. Hahaha