Ohana or Stay in AK?

Eat at Ohana for dinner or eat in park at AK?

• Ohana

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • In Animal Kingdom

Votes: 34 81.0%

• Total voters

jessie31383

Mouseketeer
We currently have a reservation for Ohana for dinner the same day that we will be at AK. Our dinner time is 6:45. I want to make sure that we will make it back to park in time to see tree of life come to life and the show plus check out Pandora at night. Should we still go to Ohana or should we eat in park? If in AK which restaurant is best? (Keep in mind we are not very adventurous eaters). Thanks for words of advice!

We currently have a reservation for Ohana for dinner the same day that we will be at AK. Our dinner time is 6:45. I want to make sure that we will make it back to park in time to see tree of life come to life and the show plus check out Pandora at night. Should we still go to Ohana or should we eat in park? If in AK which restaurant is best? (Keep in mind we are not very adventurous eaters). Thanks for words of advice!
There's no way in heck i'd go to Ohana for 645 then come back to AK. Too risky. First of all, your ADR may be at 645 but quite often there's a lengthy wait. Could be 1/2 hour, could be more or less. Lets say you end up being seated at 715pm and dont end up getting out of there until 815pm. What time does AK close? Do you have a car? Honestly, youre better off staying inside AK if you want to see tree of life and pandora at night. AK isnt exactly near the Poly hotel.

I personally didnt like the quality of food at Ohana. Satuli Canteen (QS in Pandora) on the other hand is one of the most delicious meals i've had at disney. Considering its QS, it blows my mind. Their meals are pretty basic, so its good even for non-adventurous eaters. I had the chicken potato bowl with herb dressing. SO GOOD. :cloud9:

I agree with PP it's not worth the trip. AK has plenty of great food options, I'd stay there and eat at either Tusker House, Yak & Yeti or even Satuli.

I'm over traveling out of my way for ADRs. It's one thing to be in the MK and go to Ohana but from AK to Ohana and back....that's a lot.

I agree with PPs on their AK suggestions. Tusker House, Yak and Yeti, Satuli Canteen. I'd also add Flame Tree BBQ as they have a lot of great seating down by the water and the food is decent.

I agree that there is little change you'd make it back on time. Not sure what the hours are at AK on the day you're doing this, but I'd say 9:00pm is about when you can expect to make it back there. Ohana notoriously runs late at dinner time so I'd predict you'd be done there by 8:30 and then transportation back. If you could get an early dinner (around 5ish), then you could make that plan work, otherwise I would stick with an AK restaurant. Yak & Yeti is really good or you could go for a Tusker House for a character meal and a pretty decent buffet.

At first, I voted 'Ohana, as we love that place, but then saw you would be 'returning' to AK.
No way! I'd eat CS first!!

'Ohana is not good enough to be worth a trip from MK for dinner, let alone AK, especially if you plan on returning to AK after dinner.

AK has a bunch of really good dining options. Honestly, I'd even rather eat at the Rainforest Cafe than 'Ohana.

You're stretching yourself WAYY too thin. Any way you can change your Ohana reservation or switch your park days? I'm assuming you're locked into AK, as you prob have FoP or Rivers of Light FP+.

We had really bad service, so I'm reluctant to recommend it, but what about Yak and Yeti? The food here is very good and not overly adventurous. You can get everything from Asian staples to Indian-style food.

Another option could be skipping a TS and doing a counter service. IMO, AK is the best park for counter service restaurants. You have Restaurantosaurus, Satuli Canteen, etc. Satuli is very good. The steamed cheeseburger pods LOOK adventurous, but they taste like a McDonalds cheeseburger (in the best way possible). They also have very good create-your-own bowls (think Chipotle).

I would recommend to try Ohana once if you havent already. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was great for me. HOWEVER, I was visiting Epcot and felt like I had more time to come back and see Illuminations. I'm not sure with a 6:45 reservation you will make it back to AK to do nighttime stuff. I feel you may lose too much time traveling back and forth. In your case I would eat in the park, that way you wont have to worry about rushing or timing.

My favorite Places to eat in AK are Tiffins and Yak and Yeti. both can have very interesting menus (Tiffins especially) so I would check to see if you like what they have first. Also I have never tried it personally but Tusker house is also another place that is highly recommended.

My first thought was to say Ohana (families favorite) but that timing is pretty tight. We are leaving AK on our 1st AK day to eat dinner at WCC but I scheduled our ADR for 17:00 hours giving us plenty of time to eat and get back.

Oh heck no. Going all the way to O'hana and back simply isn't worth it and it could take you more than 90 minutes just to eat there (I'm not even counting getting back and forth!). Check out Rainforest Cafe. It's a fun restaurant with some basic food offerings (great for non-adventurous eaters!). We like Yak and Yeti, too, but I don't know if that menu will appeal to you. Or even Flame Tree BBQ if you just want QS!

Depends how late AK is open that night. If it closes at 8, I wouldn't. 9 or later, it could work.
Still, I wouldn't do it. You will spend well over an hour waiting and on the bus to go to supper and come back. I would stay and eat at AK, there are lots of good choices.
Yak and Yeti, Satu'Li Canteen, Flametree are all good. If you want higher end, Tiffins is very good.
Or take a quick bus ride to AKL and eat at Boma or Sanaa.

Ohana is super pricey, and there are a ton of great options in the AK. Even if you want to eat top-notch food and don't mind the price, just go to Tiffins!

There are some nice places to eat in AK and that's a haul to 'Ohana and back for dinner. I'll throw in another vote for Tusker House. Yes it's a character buffet but the food is very good. Also great character interaction.:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter