Ohana or Chef Mickey Character Breakfast

ksipes

Earning My Ears
A couple of years ago we went to the character breakfast at the Ohana in the Polynesian and had a great time. It was such a great place everyone was so happy and cheerful, the children were dancing with the characters, the cooks were waving and sayng waki waki! Is Chef Mickey's as fun as this? We're thinking about trying something different, but want to have as much fun as we had at the Polynesian. Does anyone have an opinion about which one we should choose? :scratchin

We love Chef Mickeys, however we have never done Ohana's breakfast.
One reason we like it so much is because of the great variety of food. It is a buffet as opposed to family style like at Ohana. As for the fun, we always have a blast at CMs. They character interaction is great, Goofy at the entrance has done some great stuff for us. And periodically(every15 or 30 minutes maybe?) they sing the "Celebrate With Mickey Mouse" song and everyone waves napkins, the characters dance, and a guy walks around with bubbles and a kazzoo. We have never been disappointed here. :D

I had a client do Ohana for breakfast over Chef Mickeys and she LOVED IT! She said it wasn't as crowded and that they had alot of character interaction. It's just a short hop from the MK, didn't take alot of time out of her day to get there and said the food was good too.

We did both on a recent trip and DH and I are *still* talking about Chef Mickey's. Both were fun, but the food selectoin at CM is more extensive.

Ohana's character breakfast is less crowded that Chef Mickey's, which is a huge plus for us. We prefer family style all you can eat to buffet. At the prices they charge for breakfast, I want my food to be served to me. I realize Chef Mickey's has more selection, but Ohana has all of my favorites and I never leave hungry. Both are a lot of fun, but I prefer Ohana.

Oh too funny! I was just thinking about how Ohana's was more crowded! Must have been especially busy that day. :D

I've had both breakfast & dinner at Chef Mickey's and breakfast is very good. There's a great selection of stuff.

Really was disappointed with CM's for dinner, though. If we return, it would only be for breakfast.

I've never done Chef Mickey's but we have liked Ohanas. Last time though was horrible, but since we've had good luck in the past, we are chalking it up to "one of those days."

We, too, like to have our food brought to us. Maybe next trip we will have more luck at buffets - the kids will be a little older. But for now, I think anyone taking small kids to Chef Mickey's is braver - or a harder worker - than me!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter