'Ohana at the Polynesian reopening on July 9th

Got for July 30.... trying to change time and the reservation system just went down... wonder if they are actually trying to load all the rest of the times for a 7am start?

My attempts at reservations were a complete fail. Luckily my sister was on and was able to get us in!

I am staying at the Grand Floridian, I booked my reservation for breakfast at 8:00 on the morning of my Epcot day in August As I want to eat before I get to the park since It doesn't open until 11. Do you think I allowed enough time to make it to Epcot before it opens?
That should be good timing, the breakfast doesn't have characters and shouldn't take more than an hour. You'll be out of there well before buses to Epcot start running.

Happy for all of you who were able to get a reservation!

I guess that’s the problem, casserole or not, they will be booked because it’s “Ohana” (I’m guilty of this too). The real issue is they know it and won’t improve things unless the reviews come back and are just awful - but then again, Tony’s is still around 🤷🏻‍♂️

Looking forward to seeing what you all think for when I make November reservations.

Last edited:
Casseroles are boomer food. I'm a boomer and I'm glad they went out of style. Casseroles were iconic in the 50s. Surely 70 years of knowledge would mean we shouldn't go back to this.
The only "casserole" I've ever cared for is of the sweet potato variety and that's only because this one has 2 sticks of butter and a ton of brown sugar...

Throw a bunch of random ingredients into a dish and bake it... YUM.

This is a weird situation, I hope everyone getting their dinner ressies love it, but at the same time I hope it's horrible so they return to the roots... I do wish everyone well though :stitch2:.

Our window opens next week and we're not even attempting dinner, but breakfast is on our plans. Seems like it's almost normal, less the characters.

The only "casserole" I've ever cared for is of the sweet potato variety and that's only because this one has 2 sticks of butter and a ton of brown sugar...

Throw a bunch of random ingredients into a dish and bake it... YUM.
Watch out you are giving the 'Ohana chefs, and I use that term loosely, ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter