Oh my goodness..

polysisterchick

DIS Veteran
I found out this morning that this friend of mine got in a car accident last night. He was coming home from a party, and a drunk friend was driving him.
The drunk driver was wearing a seat belt and Andrew (my friend) wasn't. When they got in the crash, Andrew flew out the window-resulting in severe brain damage. When I found out about him, He was still alive. When I got to the hospital he was unconscious. Then I was told he died. (he knew God so I will see him again one day) The most haunting image was when I went to say my goodbye to Andrew, his sister had her ear to his heart listening to his heart beat (They had him on a respirator--i think that is what it is called).
I was hoping you guys could pray for his family.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. It doesn't seem fair that the drunk person lives, but the sober one doesn't. Prayers are on the way! :grouphug:

I am SOOO sorry.

Here I am worrying about college...and here you are dealing with death...I'm sorry...anything we can do...let us know. In my prayers.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It's unfair how things happen sometimes. RIP Andrew

I am sorry to hear that. almost the same thing happened last year at my school. Couple of kids were coming back from the basketball game and his car slid on gravel (he wasn't drunk) and he was pinned underneth a semi-truck. He was pernounced brain dead and the next day his parnets pulled the plug and he died that day. It was sad he was going to graduate that year. He was the first in his school to graduate before graduation they burried him with his deploma (sp?). Also it was sad because that was his first game that year. So if you need to talk you can pm me when ever you need. I am here for you and he'll be in my prayers.

omg that's horrible... especially right before christmas too...

this again just makes me thank god that when I got into my car accident a few weeks ago, no one got hurt. and it taught me to be a better and cautious driver.

Hugs, prayers, and pixie dust to his family and friends.

omg! i am praying for Andrew's family! :grouphug:
at least we all know that he is here> :cloud9:
R.I.P. Andrew!

omg, I am so sorry. R.I.P. Andrew. Prayers and Pixie dust.

I'm very sorry. (((hugs))) its really hard to lose a friend.

Is the driver ok? Did they hit anyone else?

I'm sorry you're going through this.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. If there is anything I can do please let me know. :grouphug:

RIP Andrew
you will be forever missed...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Something similar happened around here. Drunk driving, moonroof, flew off when speeding. ( I didn't know the guy. ) Best wishes to you and his family and friends. Hope you're doing okay. Now I see why it says, Buckle Up.

R.I.P. Andrew.

Thats SO WEIRD because the EXACT SAME THING happened to my ex boyfriend just 2 months ago!!! I'm so sorry.

I'm so sorry... That's terrible. His family and friends will be in my prayers! :'(
Taylor*

ann-e-mator said:
Thats SO WEIRD because the EXACT SAME THING happened to my ex boyfriend just 2 months ago!!! I'm so sorry.
I am sorry!! To think that he was just my friend, if he was a boyfriend I'm sure it would kill me! Although he was one of my first crushes... yea i Knew him since kindergarten. How are you doing????
Sparx said:
Is the driver ok? Did they hit anyone else?
The driver is fine. Isn't hurt or anything... despite being drunk he wore his seatbelt. And they hit another car but i dunno how bad the other people were hurt IF they were hurt at all.

THANKS for your kindness and prayers EVERYONE! It means ALOT not only to me but his family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter