Oga's Cantina with kids

Sharene0724

Mouseketeer
We were able to visit Oga's on our last trip and wanted to pass on a bit of info. We had checked in online and noted we had a party of 3, 2 adults and our son who is 6 and when we were given a table, it was standing only no chairs. Would not have been an issue for my husband and I, but our 6 year old couldn't reach or use the table at all. We asked for a barstool for him to sit, but they didn't have one, only really tall high chairs which he was too big to sit in. So they put us back in queue for a seated table at our request. The CM told us most of the cantina is standing tables only. Took about 10 minutes but we were able to sit down and he was able to actually have a kid friendly drink and have snacks with us. Thought it would be helpful to pass on that you may want to note you have small children on check in and that you need a table to sit at versus a standing table.

It's one of the aspects of Oga's I dislike. It was intentionalyl designed to be uncomfortable and get you to leave. With it's popularity I get it, but they really should have made it larger so you could relax a bit.

It's one of the aspects of Oga's I dislike. It was intentionalyl designed to be uncomfortable and get you to leave. With it's popularity I get it, but they really should have made it larger so you could relax a bit.
They intentionally put a 45 mins 2 drink max sort of rule to get people in and out. It allows more to experience what is otherwise a unique experience. It's not just a place to get drinks, it's in a cantina most only dreamed of being able to be in.

It's not a place that could realistically allow for too much loitering even if they made it larger. It would only serve to allow less to experience it.

When we went for the first time in 2019 in DLR there were families were in there at the standing room tables, I think people need to keep in mind the main purpose is a bar style atmosphere. None of those families had kids tall enough either.

I'd also say that I think the OP waiting 10mins is likely a "omg this is my lucky day" situation. You may be waiting quite a while for a sit down depending on your party size and the party size of those already at the tables.

I still loved the original concept where it was more of a restaurant theme. More of what you saw in the movies. I like Ogas, but that would have been amazing.

They intentionally put a 45 mins 2 drink max sort of rule to get people in and out. It allows more to experience what is otherwise a unique experience. It's not just a place to get drinks, it's in a cantina most only dreamed of being able to be in.

It's not a place that could realistically allow for too much loitering even if they made it larger. It would only serve to allow less to experience it.

When we went for the first time in 2019 in DLR there were families were in there at the standing room tables, I think people need to keep in mind the main purpose is a bar style atmosphere. None of those families had kids tall enough either.

I'd also say that I think the OP waiting 10mins is likely a "omg this is my lucky day" situation. You may be waiting quite a while for a sit down depending on your party size and the party size of those already at the tables.
I agree with the time limit and 2 drink max. It’s meant to be an experience and not a restaurant. The cantina is awesome and we enjoyed it it for sure. And yes it was our lucky day on that 10 minute wait!! I do think they could add in a few barstools on request for kids who can’t reach similar to requesting a high chair.

There are no restaurants, in Star Wars movies, just bars. :)
To quote the best Christmas movie of all time, "Sorry Hans. Wrong guess. Would you like to go for Double Jeopardy! where the scores can really change?" 😉 (Sorry couldn't resist)

Actually, within the Star Wars canon and one movie, there are restaurants, but bars and lounges are far more common. But to the point, remember Dex's Diner in the Clone Wars, defiantly a restaurant.

I agree with the time limit and 2 drink max. It’s meant to be an experience and not a restaurant. The cantina is awesome and we enjoyed it it for sure. And yes it was our lucky day on that 10 minute wait!! I do think they could add in a few barstools on request for kids who can’t reach similar to requesting a high chair.
They used to have bar stools up at the bar IIRC but over time removed them so you're more standing up at the bar. I'm sure even adults would like that respite! lol

To quote the best Christmas movie of all time, "Sorry Hans. Wrong guess. Would you like to go for Double Jeopardy! where the scores can really change?" 😉 (Sorry couldn't resist)

Actually, within the Star Wars canon and one movie, there are restaurants, but bars and lounges are far more common. But to the point, remember Dex's Diner in the Clone Wars, defiantly a restaurant.

Okay, fine! There is ONE restaurant in the films! You win this round!

But my larger point stands, which was that the OP complained that the cantina wasn't a "restaurant like the movies." But Oga's was inspired by the original Mos Eisley cantina, which, of course, is just a bar (they didn't even have beer nuts in that joint!) and that restaurants only scarcely/rarely/briefly in the films.

This happened to us too exactly our first time at Ogas with a 4year old. We too opted to wait for a booth and now we always ask for a booth upon checking in. They really should give people with little kids a warning. It is just weird for Disney. I think they must have been expecting it would be more of a draw for Disney adults but to be honest DH and I think it is just meh (drinks wayyy too sweet—tried most of them and now only get the beers) and it is our kids who make us go back every trip because they love the nonalcoholic drinks with the special effects.

Was there two weeks ago. We were not told of a time/drink limit. Def ordered more than 2 drinks, as did the other couple we were at a table with. Family with us looked to have had 2 drinks but they were finishing up so maybe it was more. We probably were there around 45 minutes but no one was rushing us out.

Note there were several families around us with younger kids who were standing at cocktail tables.

This happened to us too exactly our first time at Ogas with a 4year old. We too opted to wait for a booth and now we always ask for a booth upon checking in. They really should give people with little kids a warning. It is just weird for Disney. I think they must have been expecting it would be more of a draw for Disney adults but to be honest DH and I think it is just meh (drinks wayyy too sweet—tried most of them and now only get the beers) and it is our kids who make us go back every trip because they love the nonalcoholic drinks with the special effects.
Can you share which non alcoholic drinks have special effects and what they are? I haven’t been yet. Will be at Oga’s in Disneyland first in august, but then WDW in November

they had a murder and maiming every other day at Mos Eisley too. Fortunately Oga runs a tighter ship. If they are enforcing the time limit (sometimes they don't if it happens they are not busy) you can order a drink to go.

They did have barstools for awhile when they were in pandemic mode, but they are now back to cram everybody in wherever possible. Sorry, but no priority for booth seating is given to groups with children.

I agree there needs to be more seating options/stools for 5-7 year olds esp as most HS rides cater to that age group. Our son had a great time when he turned 5 (he is super skinny) and he fit in the high chair. Both him and his 2 year old sister were rocking to the music and loved their blue banthas. They had a direct view of the DJ.

We did not have a great experience at the booths, especially now that they’re so cramped with plexiglass and you have another family staring at you the whole time.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/10/22/plexiglass-added-to-ogas-cantina-in-disney-world/

This past Mar 5 of us stood at the bar and it was so cramped we had to stand around our 2 year olds high chair and reach sideways for our drinks (we stood in an area meant for 3 seated guests shoulder to shoulder). They crammed us in to make space for the Galactic Starcruiser guests who were standing comfortably. It was so bad (kids have allergies so reaching over them for snacks/drinks was very risky) another guest took a picture of us. We weren’t alone, some reviews on TripAdvisor mention similar experiences recently

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...6-Reviews-Oga_s_Cantina-Bay_Lake_Florida.html

All that said, we still enjoy ourselves regardless of the situation and love the atmosphere/uniqueness.

Last edited:
I agree there needs to be more seating options/stools for 5-7 year olds esp as most HS rides cater to that age group. Our son had a great time when he turned 5 (he is super skinny) and he fit in the high chair. Both him and his 2 year old sister were rocking to the music and loved their blue banthas. They had a direct view of the DJ.

We did not have a great experience at the booths, especially now that they’re so cramped with plexiglass and you have another family staring at you the whole time.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021/10/22/plexiglass-added-to-ogas-cantina-in-disney-world/

This past Mar 5 of us stood at the bar and it was so cramped we had to stand around our 2 year olds high chair and reach sideways for our drinks (we stood in an area meant for 3 seated guests shoulder to shoulder). They crammed us in to make space for the Galactic Starcruiser guests who were standing comfortably. It was so bad (kids have allergies so reaching over them for snacks/drinks was very risky) another guest took a picture of us. We weren’t alone, some reviews on TripAdvisor mention similar experiences recently

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...6-Reviews-Oga_s_Cantina-Bay_Lake_Florida.html

All that said, we still enjoy ourselves regardless of the situation and love the atmosphere/uniqueness.
There's no plexiglass. They've always packed people in. Was our experience in 2019 DLR in the booths and was the same in May 2022 in WDW standing up table. I wouldn't attribute it to Starcruiser guests.

^ By late March there was ZERO preferential seating for Starcruiser passengers. At least in our case - I have been there maybe 8 or so times and they placed us (4) in a borderline ludicrous place during our GS stay. The worst I had experienced, by far. Maybe they were some sort of VIP. And it wouldn’t be based on room type - we got the suite.

There's no plexiglass. They've always packed people in. Was our experience in 2019 DLR in the booths and was the same in May 2022 in WDW standing up table. I wouldn't attribute it to Starcruiser guests.
The plexiglass was removed in May after our Mar/Apr trip this year.

We’ve been to Oga’s several times before the pandemic and 4 times post COVID. The tables were not this packed, however, crowds are intense right now. They should have anticipated the demand based on other ADRs and made the place bigger with seating options for younger kids.

We went to Oga's in April - myself, my 2 parents in their late seventies and my 11 year old son. We didn't even get a standing table! They put us next to the fire exit door along the wall - our table was a shelf along the wall! Another family with a toddler was sharing our shelf along the wall and the toddler had a barstool to sit on. We just stood and held our drinks since there was no place to put them. So it was a quick one drink and we were out. Oh and the server gave us coasters for our drinks but the toddler family had taken over the whole shelf table so we just saved the coasters - cool little souvenirs. But I felt bad for dragging my senior parents in there with no place to sit!

The description for Oga's cleary states:

Limited Seating
Oga’s Cantina consists mainly of standing room, with limited seating. Seating is not guaranteed upon entry.

The description for Oga's cleary states:

Limited Seating
Oga’s Cantina consists mainly of standing room, with limited seating. Seating is not guaranteed upon entry.
I don’t like to be seated; actually preferred the standing table and feel that’s where you are immersed into the atmosphere. That’s not the issue here. We didn’t have enough space to even stand and had to stand behind the high chair with our drinks infront of our kids (within reach of the kids as it’s a small section) and reach over them just like the previous poster indicated. They crammed us into an area at the bar (lowered section) and another couple (husband stood behind his wife and kept his drink in his hand. This was an area that would be shoulder to shoulder 3-4 people on bar stools.

In any case, we still didn’t make a fuss (talked to the CM that there wasn’t even standing room sideways and they told us you can wait a hour for another table-we had waited 45 mins past already).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter