Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

I'm in for the 10k! Couldn't pass up the 10k anniversary and the villain theme :) Booked our room at Beach Club last Fri. and friends I'm trying to get to also do the 10k booked at Dolphin. Now to wait on medal themes :)

Is it better to book thru a TA to ensure you secure a spot in the Challenge? I am afraid of missing out on a spot and that is why I am not booking anything until I have confirmation in hand for my race registration. Also is it better to provide POT vs just getting the corral they put you in? Trying to plan for race for next year if POT is needed. Thanks!

Is it better to book thru a TA to ensure you secure a spot in the Challenge? I am afraid of missing out on a spot and that is why I am not booking anything until I have confirmation in hand for my race registration. Also is it better to provide POT vs just getting the corral they put you in? Trying to plan for race for next year if POT is needed. Thanks!
If you’re worried and want to book now you can definitely go this route. It does ensure you a spot but it’s not something you have to do either.

If you don’t have a POT you’ll be put in the end corrals. They don’t just randomly place you if you don’t submit a POT. The POT is to place runners in the right corrals based on their ability.

I can't say if it's better or not, but I've never, and likely will never, booked through a TA, and I've gotten into every race I wanted. <knock on wood> I just make sure I'm online and ready to roll 5 minutes before registration opens. I also never book accommodations before registering for the races, and have never needed to. Partly because I take advantage of discounts when staying onsite, and those come out later than registration happens, and partly because if the discounts aren't good enough, I'll stay offsite.

I've been unmotivated to run a race for POT, so I don't currently have one. No big deal: I start in the first corral that doesn't require POT. But I'm also a slower runner and that corral isn't very far off my pace - I might feel differently if I ran a 7:00 mile.

Me and DS (who'll turn 13 during that trip) are so in. Probably for the 5k and 10k but he may want to do the one miler and I may decide to do the challenge 🙂

Oh, this sounds like a very intriguing weekend. I was planning to do MW 2021 and run the 10K and half, but maybe I'll switch to W&D just to change it up a bit. It's the only race weekend I haven't done yet.

Joining in. It was never really a consideration to run W&D due to it being a busy DVC time until I saw it was villain themed. Now I’m trying every way I can to convince my DH to let me do it. We already have a first of December trip planned with friends so that does cause an issue with days off but I think I can make it work.

How did I miss this thread? I haven't been on the DIS a ton since this past W&D besides to read. Then I'd get distracted as life happened. I'm in for my fifth year of the challenge for 2020! Have been flirting with Dopey so may try to do all three...we'll see what I decide, but I'll be there for the 10K and half for sure!

Thanks so much for all the replies. I have another silly question but are the food courts open 24 hours to use the toasters? My normal "meal" before a race is a whole wheat english muffin toasted with PB. If I can't access the toasters I want to try out other food next year while training. My stomach doesn't do well with change.

Whenever I've stayed at Port Orleans Riverside I've had access to the food court since it's attached to the lobby. So you'd be able to toast then, but otherwise I haven't had a ton of luck. (Actually at Grand Floridian we could get in to the food court, but had to ask a cast member for hot water for our tea...) Either way I just have an untoasted bagel w/ peanut butter on rD mornings. Even if I toast at home I don't find it to be a huge difference to eat it untoasted on race morning.

Wine and dine is villains themed in 2020!

Ridiculously excited for this theme, but also nervous about registration for the first time in a while since I let my AP expire.

2020 should be the 5th anniversary of the challenge right? They don’t mention the challenge being an anniversary in 2020.

Right? How are they not mentioning this?????

Do we know when registration will open to the public? Want to make sure I clear my calendar. Happy New Years Eve and wishing everyone a safe and successful 2020 running season.

Happy New Year! A newbie around here, and plan to register for W&D HM. Looking forward to learn more from this thread. Would appreciate any good advice from past participants, thanks!

AP is usually the Thursday before the general registration,
I'm in assuming I can register with the uplift in interest for the theme and fifth running of the challenge.
Does your AP need to be activated to gain access to advanced registration.
I'm about to buy APs for DW and I for our W&D trip (helps with budgeting), but we won't be activating them until we arrive on 30th October
TIA

I'm in assuming I can register with the uplift in interest for the theme and fifth running of the challenge.
Does your AP need to be activated to gain access to advanced registration.
I'm about to buy APs for DW and I for our W&D trip (helps with budgeting), but we won't be activating them until we arrive on 30th October
TIA
Yes does need to be active.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!