Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

Eeyores#1Fan

DIS Veteran
I'm in for the 10k! Couldn't pass up the 10k anniversary and the villain theme :) Booked our room at Beach Club last Fri. and friends I'm trying to get to also do the 10k booked at Dolphin. Now to wait on medal themes :)

• Deffenm

DIS Veteran
    Is it better to book thru a TA to ensure you secure a spot in the Challenge? I am afraid of missing out on a spot and that is why I am not booking anything until I have confirmation in hand for my race registration. Also is it better to provide POT vs just getting the corral they put you in? Trying to plan for race for next year if POT is needed. Thanks!

rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator
    Is it better to book thru a TA to ensure you secure a spot in the Challenge? I am afraid of missing out on a spot and that is why I am not booking anything until I have confirmation in hand for my race registration. Also is it better to provide POT vs just getting the corral they put you in? Trying to plan for race for next year if POT is needed. Thanks!
    If you’re worried and want to book now you can definitely go this route. It does ensure you a spot but it’s not something you have to do either.

If you don’t have a POT you’ll be put in the end corrals. They don’t just randomly place you if you don’t submit a POT. The POT is to place runners in the right corrals based on their ability.

PrincessV

DIS Veteran
    I can't say if it's better or not, but I've never, and likely will never, booked through a TA, and I've gotten into every race I wanted. <knock on wood> I just make sure I'm online and ready to roll 5 minutes before registration opens. I also never book accommodations before registering for the races, and have never needed to. Partly because I take advantage of discounts when staying onsite, and those come out later than registration happens, and partly because if the discounts aren't good enough, I'll stay offsite.

I've been unmotivated to run a race for POT, so I don't currently have one. No big deal: I start in the first corral that doesn't require POT. But I'm also a slower runner and that corral isn't very far off my pace - I might feel differently if I ran a 7:00 mile.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates