Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Was there the medal pins this year? This is the one thing I purchase every race... ;( I was at the expo late Thursday so I suppose maybe they sold out??
I bought the half medal pin on Thursday around 2:00. I didn't look for the 5K or 10K pins.

All of them are currently for sale on eBay at stupid prices, but if one wants it bad enough...........

I bought the half medal pin on Thursday around 2:00. I didn't look for the 5K or 10K pins.

All of them are currently for sale on eBay at stupid prices, but if one wants it bad enough...........

Darn.. they must have ordered less this year or the ebayers went hard. Either way, no medal pins for me this year.

Was there the medal pins this year? This is the one thing I purchase every race... ;( I was at the expo late Thursday so I suppose maybe they sold out??
They weren’t part of the preorder bundle this year (just logo/magnet)
I got my 5k and 10k medal replica ones ala carte around 11/1130am ish Thursday and stock was plentiful

I’m bummed they didn’t have race specific headbands just the dated RunDisney ones this year

Darn.. they must have ordered less this year or the ebayers went hard. Either way, no medal pins for me this year.
Check on eBay in a couple of weeks/months, or even years. The older medal pins often sell for less than the original price. I bought a 2017 half medal pin a few months ago for I think around $10 shipped. The eBay clowns try to make a big profit right after the races, and then unload what doesn't sell pretty cheap.

My kiddo was looking at the luggage tag that matched the half and asked a question I could not answer: were they all the same or did some people get Mickey holding apples and other people a version with apple pie?

My kiddo was looking at the luggage tag that matched the half and asked a question I could not answer: were they all the same or did some people get Mickey holding apples and other people a version with apple pie?
Could of been two sided

I looked up my results. The clock time and the net time are very different. I assume it’s because we started from the last corral.

Do I divide the net time by 6.2 miles to get my minutes per mile for the 10k?

I asked a cast member on Friday afternoon at the expo and was told the medal pins had all sold out. Really bummed as the medal pins are my one must-have souvenir also!

Finally back to work after a long Wine and Dine Half and belated 50th B-day trip.
It was nice to step outside my normally introverted self and stop by the Hurricane Hannah's meet up. I just wish I could have stayed longer and meet a few more DISers but I had my teenagers anxious to get to their Test Track FP.

Some random WD 1/2 thoughts....
We got to the expo on Saturday afternoon and boy was all the merch cleaned out! No shirts in my size, no pins at all, and no "i did it" magnets. I managed to grab a fridge magnet and tervis wine glass. I forgot to pick up my extra after party tickets at expo (why does everything have to be in different buildings?)...thankfully I was able to pick up at Epcot on Sunday.
I thought the race was great. I enjoyed the extra time in AK going through Pandora....I just wish they could find a way to at least give you a few more minutes in HS. The finish chute seemed a bit odd?
I miss the plastic cheese.

Ran with my wife who has MS and she struggled a bit the last few miles as the heat and humidity can exacerbate her condition making it tough to lift her feet. So we went slow and deliberate from mile 9 on.
Our slowest 1/2 ever but I completely enjoyed the extra time on the course and loved being able to cross the finish line with her. So proud of her accomplishment but she has said this might be her last 1/2. :(
The after party....I think we skip it next time. We were really dragging after two very early wake up calls.

A little sad leaving on Saturday as this will probably our last trip as a full family for awhile as we approach college age and college expenses.

I did take solace that at least I will be back in 25 days for Central Florida Spartan Beast and a solo weekend in the World.

I saw a few people trying to get the half and challenge pins and being unable to do so... I bought the big 9 pack, but I was unable to run the half, so I am looking to sell my pins. Not looking to make a bunch of money or anything, but please PM me if you are interested.

I have the regular edition half/challenge pins, the LE half/challenge pins, and the medal half/challenge pins (6 in total).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter