Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

We did run through 2 parks this year, a lot of AK and then Future World at Epcot. It's the same amount of park time as Jan half or Princess, except it's AK instead of MK. The course could very well change in 2017 too, who knows. The course was not terrible in my opinion, I liked it just as much as Jan half.

Going to be attempting the Mickey Holiday 5K, I may be having abdominal surgery late summer and figure it would be motivation to get up and moving sooner...or I'll be strolling my way slowly if it gets pushed back to early fall, but I'm in either way. :rotfl:

So question for a newbie. My goal is to do the 5k this year for my first one. Is there early registration for ap holder/dvc member/Disney visa? If so when would that be?

So question for a newbie. My goal is to do the 5k this year for my first one. Is there early registration for ap holder/dvc member/Disney visa? If so when would that be?
There normally is and it accounts for about 5-10% of the total registrations. It'll be up to a week before regular registration opens.

Wife and I are planning to run. Not a fan of registering so early, but I thought the same thing about a March registration. Anybody know what/if any registration fees are beside the $199 race fee? After reading many run/trip reports I'm rather confused as to what is actually open. Do all the countries shut down so all that is left open is the Wine and Dine booths around the lagoon? Anyone think the course might change again? I almost think the 10k is the 'better' race, the loop around the World Showcase is priceless and should definitely be in the Half.

I'm jumping in although still deciding if we will be back that weekend or not for sure. I may end up doing a girls weekend with a friend that lives in another state. I did the 10K which was my first rundisney event and I'm ready for more!

Wife and I are planning to run. Not a fan of registering so early, but I thought the same thing about a March registration. Anybody know what/if any registration fees are beside the $199 race fee? After reading many run/trip reports I'm rather confused as to what is actually open. Do all the countries shut down so all that is left open is the Wine and Dine booths around the lagoon? Anyone think the course might change again? I almost think the 10k is the 'better' race, the loop around the World Showcase is priceless and should definitely be in the Half.

I would wholeheartedly agree that the 10K had a better course than the half. They can always change a course, but whether they actually do or not will depend greatly upon construction progress and what is safe/accessible/able to handle the swells of runners and how they can fit that into the overall 13.1 mile long puzzle. As for the loop of World Showcase, I think that slight obstruction would be easier managed and have much less disturbance on the standard day guest than the running through Future World like in 2016.

I went to the after party (much to the ire of my employer). Entry was a pain. We checked out the Festival Center, bought some merch, talked to many CM's who acted more like Disneyland CM's (more personable and wanted more than polite lip service convos), rode the new Soarin', had some food and snacks as we strolled around World Showcase and had photos with a lot of characters. I honestly couldn't tell you what attractions (other than Soarin') were open. That said, if they keep the current schedule of a Sunday night after party, I am going to give away my ticket, as it wasn't worth the extra day.

I had planned to run the challenge again next year. While there were some stretches I thought could have used some more characters/entertainment I had a fun time. And I feel the same way about the Princess half course, expect I at least get to run through MK then!

My only disappointment is how early registration is. And that it coincides with Light Side, which I'm also running. Wish I'd had more notice, but with two races so close together, and the holidays in between I haven't had a lot of extra money to save for the hefty registration costs so we'll see how it goes. Especially since DH said he wanted to run again this year.

It's a perfect training & tuneup opportunity for Dopey. Just sayin.

Or just the marathon! Haha. This is what I tell myself, at least.

I'm not super excited by the course either....but now I want to go to Aulani...maybe suggest a half marathon to them while you are there...would be a cool excuse to beg to go to Hawaii.

You. Are. A. Genius. How did I not think of this before. How did rundisney not? Why do they hate us? Only explanation I can come up with ;)

We did run through 2 parks this year, a lot of AK and then Future World at Epcot. It's the same amount of park time as Jan half or Princess, except it's AK instead of MK. The course could very well change in 2017 too, who knows. The course was not terrible in my opinion, I liked it just as much as Jan half.

Yeah I didnt mind it either. The only problem was the duplicate ending from the Jan half and PHM. I mean, give a girl some options. Not to mention how fun a giant stretch of nothing is when youre running directly into the surface of the sun. But, I liked all the AK time and even the back road had some interesting backstage, like the greenhouse.

I cannot believe I just ran this and have to sign up again. I will skip early registration I think. Luckily for them, I use this particular race as an excuse to hide my food and wine addiction. But if they add Hanson late again and I miss them by 12 hours...just sayin, heads will roll! Or, you know, some heavy pouting.

I plan on doing the 5K and my husband is planning on doing all 3 races. Can't wait to go back for another race weekend!

I'm planning to do all 3 races and all 3 races the week later on Superheroes weekend... for coast to coast and castle to chateau (i'm already registered for Paris weekend... all 3 races of course :thumbsup2).

I'm in for at least the challenge. I am not happy about how early the registration is but I'll be signing up for early AP or DVC if it is offered. This is one that has historically sold out quickly. DVC room is already booked.

I'm in for at least the challenge. I am not happy about how early the registration is but I'll be signing up for early AP or DVC if it is offered. This is one that has historically sold out quickly. DVC room is already booked.

We're looking to do the same ....

Brian

I've tried signing up for this race twice now and both times I've found out I was pregnant that same week. Lol. I can't decide if I want to try and make 2017 my first half or if I want to stay home and go for the route 66 half marathon instead as my first one.

Guess my deciding factor will be if I have the extra cash when registration opens next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter