Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

dancingtodisney

DIS Veteran
I know it's super early to be thinking about Wine and Dine 2017 but the page is live and the dates are up so why not?!

Who's planning on being there next year???

I'll be entering Lumiere's Two Course Challenge and Mickey's Holiday 5K

31316394305_a77ba7b5d8_b.jpg

I'm leaning toward the 10k again and possibly jingle jungle it just depends what other family members are doing

Hi! Our Fall trip is going to land us in WDW during this race weekend. We don't know yet if we are going to be there for all or just part of the weekend and it's still being decided length of stay/hotel/everything really. But I will 100% for sure be doing at least one race if not more. So I guess put me in as TBD. But I will be there :) I'll know my plan by end of this year.

And if anyone is going trick or treating on Halloween, I'm probably going to be there too :)

Hi! Our Fall trip is going to land us in WDW during this race weekend. We don't know yet if we are going to be there for all or just part of the weekend and it's still being decided length of stay/hotel/everything really. But I will 100% for sure be doing at least one race if not more. So I guess put me in as TBD. But I will be there :) I'll know my plan by end of this year.

It's a perfect training & tuneup opportunity for Dopey. Just sayin.

Oh man, I'm gonna turn on my tv tonight and it'll just be your avatar staring back at me with Hi Ho dwarf music playing. Right?
I need to start bugging you about a race distance for you to do, but you just did an ironman, so not sure what's crazier than that?

I'd like to get in on this year's W&D festivities. Just not sure what's going to happen with my fall marathon. I'd like to run the MCM, but that's only two weeks before W&D, so not much recovery time for a PR effort marathon. If I don't get into the MCM, it looks like my best marathon option is going to fall the week after W&D, so not ideal timing either. What to do? What to do?

And if anyone is going trick or treating on Halloween, I'm probably going to be there too :)

Yah!!! We're planning to be there from the end of October too!

No can do, due to my work (big computer project blocking out mid-September to mid-November), but will be following along. We did the half a half in 2015, and the challenge in 2016.

Well since registration is less than two months away, it's probably not as early as we think :-)

I think I'm doing the 5k and the 10k, assuming I can get myself registered for both. I for one would be happy if the selling out in 7 minute days were over.

Oh man, I'm gonna turn on my tv tonight and it'll just be your avatar staring back at me with Hi Ho dwarf music playing. Right?
I need to start bugging you about a race distance for you to do, but you just did an ironman, so not sure what's crazier than that?

This is the next big race I want to do. I'm hoping I can convince @CheapRunnerMike to join me, though this will be the first he's heard of this idea. :)

http://www.tejastrails.com/rocky100/

I'm not signing up for the first time in 4 years--I'm using my points to go to Aulani in September and the new half marathon course made it much easier to Just Say No to it.

So this is a Texas race? I just assumed it was in the Black Hills of South Dakota...

Yes, it's in a state park north of Houston. My wife and I both did the 50-mile race there when they had the 50 and the 100 at the same time. Great course, incredible support, and usually ideal weather.

P.S. We can drink with @Keels after the race, or you can drink with her after you pace me a lap. :)

This is the next big race I want to do. I'm hoping I can convince @CheapRunnerMike to join me, though this will be the first he's heard of this idea. :)

http://www.tejastrails.com/rocky100/

This does sound pretty cool...but so does drinking beers with @Keels so I don't know ;)

So Dopey in January would basically be a taper for this right? I might be wrong...I was told there'd be no math.
But if anyone could do this race it is you guys.

Hey, I just realized I can wear a red sparkle skirt to the Jingle 5k for Wine N Dine...it matches the theme!

I'm not signing up for the first time in 4 years--I'm using my points to go to Aulani in September and the new half marathon course made it much easier to Just Say No to it.

I'm not super excited by the course either....but now I want to go to Aulani...maybe suggest a half marathon to them while you are there...would be a cool excuse to beg to go to Hawaii.

I'm not signing up either since we've decided to do the RNR Vegas in 2017. 2 long races 2 weeks apart isn't in the cards, and for what I paid just to enter the challenge at Disney, I can pay for the race and the hotel for 3 nights in Vegas. I'll still do a Disney race here and there, but a major perk was running through parks, I can run a back road for free anywhere.

Is there a link to the course map? My husband and I did the half back in 2009 and were thinking about doing the Wine & Dine in 2017. If we're not going to be running through parks I might reconsider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!