Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Check-In ** May 5-8, 2016 ** 5th Anniversary

Jealous of the AP's who were able to register today!! I have to wait another 2 weeks, lol. At least I don't work Tuesdays so I don't have to worry about anything interfering with my registration. That and I'm moving up my move-in day. That would have been a stressful day if I was trying to do both.

Plus it gives me more time to decide if I just want to do the half or if I want to go for PDC. I'm thinking just the half in order to save some money for my WDW/W&D trip in November.

Plus it gives me more time to decide if I just want to do the half or if I want to go for PDC. I'm thinking just the half in order to save some money for my WDW/W&D trip in November.
Are you running W&D or just enjoying the festival? I saw some of the merch on the blog the other day and love the shirt and design for this year.

So, I have a question that some of you may be able to answer...
I was wondering about the fit of the jackets? Do they tend to run smaller, being performance? Generally I find most Disney stuff runs big, but I wasn't sure and there wasn't a real sizing chart I could find.

I'm in for the PDC. Very excited for my fifth Tink!

Jessica, it was good to meet you at the last Tink (at Tangaroa Terrace). Good luck at wine and dine!

Lisa, it was great to meet you as well! Hopefully this year we can get a few more to drop in :)

I believe I just made up my mind - half only for me this time around. I won a chance to register for the Disneyland Half through a raffle at work and just dropped $200 on that. I don't think I could cough up the full amount for the challenge on top of that, even if I'm saving some money at my new apartment. But hey, I get to stay perfect for the Tink Half and I get to run a race I though I for sure was out of.

Me and my two other friends registered the other day and are excited we maintained our legacy status and made it to the 5th year. We are all excited.

I really want to do the Half this year to get the new medal! BUT it would mean a solo trip and leaving the kids at home on Mothers Day. I just don't think I'd actually be happy doing that. I'm gonna talk to DH about it and see what he thinks. I've never done a solo trip. I'm guessing I could get airfare for $200 or less.

I really want to do the Half this year to get the new medal! BUT it would mean a solo trip and leaving the kids at home on Mothers Day. I just don't think I'd actually be happy doing that. I'm gonna talk to DH about it and see what he thinks. I've never done a solo trip. I'm guessing I could get airfare for $200 or less.
You have to come, you can hang out and play w/ me. :goodvibes When SWA has their sales, you might even find flights for $100! I've looked out of curiosity at SAC before and they had flights for $49 when SJC was at $63. And if you did a early afternoon flight you could be home for dinner. No enabling here, no pressure. ;)

You have to come, you can hang out and play w/ me. :goodvibes When SWA has their sales, you might even find flights for $100! I've looked out of curiosity at SAC before and they had flights for $49 when SJC was at $63. And if you did a early afternoon flight you could be home for dinner. No enabling here, no pressure. ;)

Ok I did it! I can't believe it! DH is being super supportive so thats what decided it for me. My first solo trip to DL! I am so excited to get to do Tink again! I never fly. So how often does Southwest do their sales? I've heard of them, just never paid attention to them before. And how do you find out about them?

Usually their sales go from Tues to Thur. They're not open for Tink yet but when the next set of dates gets released that weekend will be included. If you go on their site, I think there's a way to sign up to get their emails. You just have to keep an eye out for when fares drop, I'm bad and check 1 or 2 times a week when I'm looking or have already booked. That's the best part about SWA is that if the fare drops, you can rebook at the lower price. You won't get the money back but they hold onto it as a credit for I think 1 year after booking. That just happened to me for DDD, I booked it at $110 b/c it's Labor Day weekend and the price dropped to $63 this week so I now have the credit for the next time.

Anyone know if DLH will have special rates for Tink runners? And if they will, when those reservations will open up? And (last question, I promise!) how one goes about securing one? I registered through a travel agent, so if hotels were a possibility during the AP registration, I never got to see that...

You can get discounted room rates through Get Travel. It's the travel company through rD for the DL races. Check out their site, I don't know if the rates are up yet, but they usually pop up around regular registration dates. I've never done a room through them just when they used to do park tix, but for the tix, you could just sign up on the site. I think for the room you pay a deposit then the balance before the race. Just make sure to check cancellation info in case you find a better deal later down the road.

Anyone know if DLH will have special rates for Tink runners? And if they will, when those reservations will open up? And (last question, I promise!) how one goes about securing one? I registered through a travel agent, so if hotels were a possibility during the AP registration, I never got to see that...

You can get discounted room rates through Get Travel. It's the travel company through rD for the DL races. Check out their site, I don't know if the rates are up yet, but they usually pop up around regular registration dates. I've never done a room through them just when they used to do park tix, but for the tix, you could just sign up on the site. I think for the room you pay a deposit then the balance before the race. Just make sure to check cancellation info in case you find a better deal later down the road.

Rates through Disney for 2016 just opened up today. Check them out online. I just booked PPH for Star Wars. For Tink I noticed that Acclaim had a slightly cheaper rate for PPH than Get did so be sure to check both.

I'm all registered for the Pixie Dust Challenge. Will be my first DLR run. Can't wait!

Even though I'm local, I just did a reservation for the Disneyland Hotel...a Mother's Day present for my Mom who has no interest in the event, but did like the idea of staying at the resort for a few days. :rotfl:

Add to that the Star Wars stay booked today as well and at least I can get ready for work without stopping at home first. A plus!

I want to sign up for the 1/2. How fast does it sell out? How about the kiddy runs, how fast do they fill? We have a DL trip planned for Xmas break but I secretly want to upgrade our tix to AP, so we can go again in May, maybe summer and Halloween too ;)

I want to sign up for the 1/2. How fast does it sell out? How about the kiddy runs, how fast do they fill? We have a DL trip planned for Xmas break but I secretly want to upgrade our tix to AP, so we can go again in May, maybe summer and Halloween too ;)
IMO the kids races will sell out quickly. That has been the trend lately. The challenge and the kids races are the two things sold out right now from the presale so I would expect it to be the same for general registration. Last year the Half stayed open for a bit...at least a month I think? Maybe someone else can chime in on that. But this year is the 5th anniversary so that might speed things up a bit.

2nd what Kirstie said ~ go for kid's races 1st and then the 1/2. If you're thinking challenge over the 1/2, go challenge then kids races.

I am registering myself for the 1/2 and the 5K. Can I do that at the same time - as in check both boxes at the same time? (hope that makes sense) I am trying to register my DD for the 5K as well. We both have Active accounts.

Last year, I was able to register for the 1/2 with no problem because of the PDC. That evening, after a frustrating day for my DD and me not available, I was able to register us both for the 5K - logging in separately for both of us. This year I am registering us for the 3 races at one time. I am registering me for the 1/2 first and if I can register me for the 5K at the same time, that would be best. If not, then I will register me for the 1/2 first, my DD for the 5K second, and me for the 5K last. Weird, but, if I can't do my races simultaneously and the 5K sells out before I get registered, I am not too worried. My DD can handle it on her own if I can be at there someplace to cheer her on.

Redemption - here I come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter