***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

@Shrfleen and I plan to visit the world after our 1st Disney cruise! We'll be there 12/14-12/16. Hoping for a MVMCP on the 14th, 4 park challenge on the 15th and we'll do a Disney Springs day before traveling home on the 16th.

BDLsgal and I usually have a 4 park challenge every trip. It's called departure day. It starts off with bringing the bags to the main building, for holding. From there it's all "Didn't you want that shirt at Hollywood Studios?" this, and "Your sister would love that blanket we saw at EPCOT." that...

Hi there! We will be going for a long weekend 11/29 - 12/2 or 12/3 depending on how my sons grades are going next year and if I think he can miss 2 days instead of just one. My sons birthday is on the 1st so this will be his 12th Birthday present. Staying at Poly hopefully. I haven't booked yet but probably will be by the end of the month.

Hi. We are planning a girls trip 11/27 to 12/3/18, taking a couple of first-timers (my cousins from the snowy Northwest). Our current plan is to stay at Pop Century for 6 nights, spending 5 days in the parks. I'm getting pretty excited.

Please add me to the roll call.

We go every year. The crowds usually aren't stupid crazy until the 25th.

Christmas Eve is Epcot and the Candlelight Processional. Christmas Day is a non park day for us - we go to mass at the Contempy, lunch at Chef Mickeys, swim, then one of the dinner shows.

We either have our guide decorate the room with a tree or go to WalMart and buy a tiny one. Small gifts, money, Disney gift cards are wrapped and hidden in a black trash bag at the bottom of a suitcase.

Sounds awesome! Ask Santa to come early before your vacation so you can still have your family traditions. Take some small surprises with a small Tree to WDW. Perhaps Disney gift cards, they would love that!

:wave:

I'm tentatively planning December 2018 trip - 2nd week in December probably. I just need to buckle down and save as much as I can.

But I've got a savings plan so I thought I'd pop in here!

Also does anyone know if there is a December 2018 FB page?

Folks- so many of us! I'll get the roll call started this weekend.

Booked our Holiday trip this evening! Myself, DH, DS19, DD8, and my dad (cast member) will be headed Home on 12/22-12/29 and staying in the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. I am so flippin' excited. Our last trip at Christmas was the stuff of dreams so I have high expectations for this trip.

Ok all- I updated post 2.

If you added specific dates, I included you. If you put a resort, I also added that.

Please let me know if I missed you or got your info wrong (sorry!).

Also can change or add anything. Thanks!

Ok all- I updated post 2.

If you added specific dates, I included you. If you put a resort, I also added that.

Please let me know if I missed you or got your info wrong (sorry!).

Also can change or add anything. Thanks!

WHAT?!?!? No one is staying at the Port Orleans Riverside? I am insulted!!!!

Just kidding. It just mean more relaxation for me.

WHAT?!?!? No one is staying at the Port Orleans Riverside? I am insulted!!!!

Just kidding. It just mean more relaxation for me.
We are booked at POR in a royal guest room. We are 3 families now and might be 4. Our dates are December 1 to 15, but if free dining is released after Thanksgiving, I am afraid there will be nothing left ADR wise for such a large group. So I am trying to get everyone to move our dates up a little to the day after thanksgiving. We all love to eat together and don't really split up to often. We are an odd bunch! Does anyone have any wise advice?

December 29- January 8th, 2018/2019 hopefully SOG for 3 nights and 7 nights at Boulder Ridge Villas our big family Disney trip! very excited!!

We are booked at POR in a royal guest room. We are 3 families now and might be 4. Our dates are December 1 to 15, but if free dining is released after Thanksgiving, I am afraid there will be nothing left ADR wise for such a large group. So I am trying to get everyone to move our dates up a little to the day after thanksgiving. We all love to eat together and don't really split up to often. We are an odd bunch! Does anyone have any wise advice?

You're gonna have a great time in the RGR's.

As for the advice, I'll tell you the same thing I told my boss when he was trying to make dining res-ies for his group of 18, and couldn't find any bookings. Break it up into smaller groups of 4-6 and get as close to the same times as possible. Hopefully +/- 15min. And when you get to your restaurant, explain your predicament to the person that checks you in and see if they can get you close tables. Even if you have to let another family jump 1 of your groups in line to do it.

FP's, you're on your own. You will NEVER get any kind of group to agree on ride priority, time and enjoyment. So, if you're the types that love the group photos on the rides, start from there and work backwards.

Roll Call :rainbow:

Sandy Mouse: 11/27 - 12/3 | Pop Century

teetee830: 11/29 - 12/2

BourbonBarrelBob: 12/9 - 12/15 | All Stars Movies

stacyjoy75: 12/13 - 12/20

SarahSnow and Shrfleen: 12/14 - 12/16

chiisai: 12/14 - 12/22 | Wilderness Lodge

wizneather78: 12/22 - 12/27 | Coronado Springs

Willowlux: 12/22 - 12/29 | Cabins at Fort Wilderness

Disneylover99: 12/22 - 1/5

tannerandcatesmom: 12/26 - 1/2

Can I be added? JUst bounced to Dec. How could I pass up free dining?
12/10- 12/14 POP.
tHanks so much!!!

You're gonna have a great time in the RGR's.

As for the advice, I'll tell you the same thing I told my boss when he was trying to make dining res-ies for his group of 18, and couldn't find any bookings. Break it up into smaller groups of 4-6 and get as close to the same times as possible. Hopefully +/- 15min. And when you get to your restaurant, explain your predicament to the person that checks you in and see if they can get you close tables. Even if you have to let another family jump 1 of your groups in line to do it.

FP's, you're on your own. You will NEVER get any kind of group to agree on ride priority, time and enjoyment. So, if you're the types that love the group photos on the rides, start from there and work backwards.
Thanks for your input:-)
I will try the breaking down of reservations. Maybe I can do that for the fastpasses too. We usually all do stay together, like I said we are strange group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts