Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

I just posted this on another thread, but I thought I would try here as well. I just saw that when signing up for JTA they ask the little Jedi a few questions before they sign him up...Do you happen to know what questions they ask? My son will be 4 1/2 when we go in May. He tends to get shy when a stranger asks him a question and I would love to almost "prepare" him for his answers so he doesn't freeze up. He listens very well to directions(he just finished playing his 2nd season in a hockey league and always followed the directions of the coaches But as I said, when a stranger talks to him he is super shy. I would hate for them to reject him if he doesn't answer the questions because he is so looking forward to "fighting" Darth Vader
Also...We Are All Looking Forward To Our FIRST SWW!!!! 93 Days & Counting!!!!

The cast member talks to the potential padawans just to see if they won't freeze up on stage, in front of the Jedi Master, or worse, in front of Darth Vader or Darth Maul/Assaj Ventress. The CM will probably say something like:
Hi, I heard you want to go on stage, in front of a lot of people and fight Darth Vader"
What's your favorite Star Wars character...
just to engage him in conversation, it's not a right or wrong answer sort of thing is just to see how open the kid is.
Just tell him that a CM will ask him questions about star wars and why he want to do the JTA

The cast member talks to the potential padawans just to see if they won't freeze up on stage, in front of the Jedi Master, or worse, in front of Darth Vader or Darth Maul/Assaj Ventress. The CM will probably say something like:
Hi, I heard you want to go on stage, in front of a lot of people and fight Darth Vader"
What's your favorite Star Wars character...
just to engage him in conversation, it's not a right or wrong answer sort of thing is just to see how open the kid is.
Just tell him that a CM will ask him questions about star wars and why he want to do the JTA

Thank you! I am sure my son will do fine then :) Also, during SWW, can you request a show that Darth Vader will be fighting in?? My son doesn't know Darth Maul or Assaj Ventress and I am wondering if they tell you who you are fighting.
By the way..I see by your location you are 20 minutes from MK, I am very envious ;)

Thank you! I am sure my son will do fine then :) Also, during SWW, can you request a show that Darth Vader will be fighting in?? My son doesn't know Darth Maul or Assaj Ventress and I am wondering if they tell you who you are fighting.
By the way..I see by your location you are 20 minutes from MK, I am very envious ;)

I'm very fortunate to live so close :) my husband also works parti time at DHS at Backlot Tour and TSMM.
When they are little they tend to put them with Darth Vader but you can always talk to the CM in charge and let them know. Darth Maul and Assaj Ventress are quite intimidating and I think they have the bigger kids go fight them

I'm very fortunate to live so close :) my husband also works parti time at DHS at Backlot Tour and TSMM.
When they are little they tend to put them with Darth Vader but you can always talk to the CM in charge and let them know. Darth Maul and Assaj Ventress are quite intimidating and I think they have the bigger kids go fight them

Great!! Thanks again for your help and all the info you posted about SWW!

Thanks! After seeming them in a video, I sure do hope my son is paired with darth vader, he may freak with the other 2 :lmao: Does every JTA show during SWW have Darth Vader and another Character?

Yes. There is always 2 because they run the 2 at the same time, one up and one down and pretty much constant shows throughout the day.

You can ask for him to be placed in the Vader line or if he lines up in the right hand line he should have a better chance at getting Vader since they walk the kids to the stage and the right line goes up to Vader.

Yes. There is always 2 because they run the 2 at the same time, one up and one down and pretty much constant shows throughout the day.

You can ask for him to be placed in the Vader line or if he lines up in the right hand line he should have a better chance at getting Vader since they walk the kids to the stage and the right line goes up to Vader.

Thank you! I will tell him to do that then :thumbsup2

Surely some celebrity is soon going to leak it out on the calendar or facebook or twitter or something that they'll be at sww. Well, I guess we know JAT. Any other rumors running out there?

Surely some celebrity is soon going to leak it out on the calendar or facebook or twitter or something that they'll be at sww. Well, I guess we know JAT. Any other rumors running out there?

No rumors that I've heard but I bet that some voice actors from Star Wars Rebels will be making appearances...
On the merchandise front I did a little digging and found out that last years merchandise info was released March 27th.

I know right that would be fabulous. I asked a CM but they said it would have too many costume difficulties.
Idk why they couldn't just have him sitting up on a chair or something?
jedi_council_chamber02.jpg

If one had to choose between Sunday, May 18th and Friday, May 23 (the beginning of Memorial Day Weekend), which day would you choose to do SWW? Sunday will be our first day after arriving Saturday (hopefully early evening, maybe 4-6PM), Friday will be our last day at Disney. easyWDW says that Fridays are better, but that weekend is a holiday weekend, so not sure which would be better... or maybe they will be the same?

I would go on Sunday. We went over Memorial Weekend a couple of years ago and it was crazy! We had a great time, but I would bet the Sunday before would be better. Plus, you will be fresh and full of energy to manage the crowds.

We have a f! Dinner package booked for 3:00 on the first Saturday. We were thinking getting to the park early hopefully doing some character stuff and just enjoying it. We have to make a plan eventually but we are dedicating the Saturday to HS just for Star Wars. We want to see the fireworks. Should we do F! Before or after? There is a show at 9:00 and 10:30 for F!. We plan to do a break after our early dinner and head back to our hotel. Any suggestions?

I just posted this on another thread, but I thought I would try here as well. I just saw that when signing up for JTA they ask the little Jedi a few questions before they sign him up...Do you happen to know what questions they ask? My son will be 4 1/2 when we go in May. He tends to get shy when a stranger asks him a question and I would love to almost "prepare" him for his answers so he doesn't freeze up. He listens very well to directions(he just finished playing his 2nd season in a hockey league and always followed the directions of the coaches But as I said, when a stranger talks to him he is super shy. I would hate for them to reject him if he doesn't answer the questions because he is so looking forward to "fighting" Darth Vader
Also...We Are All Looking Forward To Our FIRST SWW!!!! 93 Days & Counting!!!!

Hey. this is the only video I could think of that I had of the "spiel" on star wars weekends. My daughter was dressed as assaj ventriss and I videoed because I was pretty sure she would say something like this because she was saying stuff like that the whole time in her ventress costume. But I think it will give you a feel for it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10103423636247334&l=5686320418028330867

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10103423636247334" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10103423636247334">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/drmeece">Darrell Meece</a>.</div></div>

We have a f! Dinner package booked for 3:00 on the first Saturday. We were thinking getting to the park early hopefully doing some character stuff and just enjoying it. We have to make a plan eventually but we are dedicating the Saturday to HS just for Star Wars. We want to see the fireworks. Should we do F! Before or after? There is a show at 9:00 and 10:30 for F!. We plan to do a break after our early dinner and head back to our hotel. Any suggestions?

Nobody has seen the new "character introduction" they are doing instead of the hoopla yet, but if you went to the 10:30 you could probably catch that and the 10:30 will be less crowded.

Hey. this is the only video I could think of that I had of the "spiel" on star wars weekends. My daughter was dressed as assaj ventriss and I videoed because I was pretty sure she would say something like this because she was saying stuff like that the whole time in her ventress costume. But I think it will give you a feel for it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10103423636247334&l=5686320418028330867

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10103423636247334" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10103423636247334">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/drmeece">Darrell Meece</a>.</div></div>

Thanks so much for posting that! Definitely gives me the feel of what to expect :) By the way..that is the cutest thing I ever saw..."I am the dark side!" :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter