***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I think that defeats the point of the color scheme and feel. Maybe moss on the resistance side as that would be a more forested area but on the First Order side I don't think that makes sense.
Definitely in the ROTR area. It feels very empty and needs more pop of color.

Got confirmation that you have to scan your ticket to be able to get into the vq. And you can scan at dca and get into the vq before you even step into dl.
If the same goes for wdw you could be in another park and get into the vq. Obviously you need to have park hoppers

I wonder how packed or congested it feels at both SWGE and DL and shoot DCA.

It sounds like the overall Disneyland Resort, isn't too packed. This is the second time both the initial non-reservation opening and official opening day when the general vibe that the park is not crazy packed. Obviously, the initial rush hit MFSR. But other than that it has seems very smooth from what I hear from social media.

What is causing this smooth transition? I know Disney wanted to make this as smooth as possible. I would say they have done a good job. But I feel like the general crowd isn't coming in herds to see the new land.

What could be causing this? Fear that it would be crazy crowded, locals not coming because either their own fear or they have a cheaper annual pass, is it purely the limited amount of annual passholders that can come, overall higher daily park passes for these days, is it because the land isn't fully operational (w/o ROTR). I am just blown away with how smooth this has been.

I wonder how packed or congested it feels at both SWGE and DL and shoot DCA.

It sounds like the overall Disneyland Resort, isn't too packed. This is the second time both the initial non-reservation opening and official opening day when the general vibe that the park is not crazy packed. Obviously, the initial rush hit MFSR. But other than that it has seems very smooth from what I hear from social media.

What is causing this smooth transition? I know Disney wanted to make this as smooth as possible. I would say they have done a good job. But I feel like the general crowd isn't coming in herds to see the new land.

What could be causing this? Fear that it would be crazy crowded, locals not coming because either their own fear or they have a cheaper annual pass, is it purely the limited amount of annual passholders that can come, overall higher daily park passes for these days, is it because the land isn't fully operational (w/o ROTR). I am just blown away with how smooth this has been.

Well it seems like good sized crowds for GE just not crazy and they managed it well. And if you weren't going for GE you were staying away

Plus a lot of AP holders were blacked out ...

... Well, nevermind - new ballgame!

Tomorrow is a new day! With some of the blackouts lifted it will be interesting to see how this changes things.

Are AP’s currently blacked out? Since it appears many locals have APs I think we’ll see another big influx when those are lifted.

Tomorrow is a new day! With some of the blackouts lifted it will be interesting to see how this changes things.

Are AP’s currently blacked out? Since it appears many locals have APs I think we’ll see another big influx when those are lifted.
Yes a few AP options are blacked out currently.

I think I am going to write an article about this but wanted to post some thoughts after tonights news and the first non-reservation day.

SWGE is a hit thematically, and from a theme park innovation standpoint. Now people are beginning to question the popularity of the land and what that means going forward. In my opinion Disneyland did an amazing job opening SWGE. The CM previews, to media days, and then reservations. It gave locals and hotel guests a "lower" crowd option to see the land and gave Disneyland management/ops some room to test and adjust. We saw several changes throughout that reservation period and even during day 1 of non-reservations we saw changes and tomorrow will bring more changes.

I do not think because of the low crowds that SWGE is not a success. Disney doesn't seem to be thrilled with the low crowds at the moment though with the lifting of CM blockouts. SoCal APs Deluxe and lower are still blocked out as well. No word if there will be any lifts there. It was also a Monday. Will the weekend be the same? We shall see of course. The virtual queue when in use worked extremely well too. I believe many just stayed away from DL today in anticipation of crowds. We shall see if that continues.

As for Walt Disney World. I imagine they were watching this today. WDW isn't the same demographic as DL. I do wonder though if they will implement the virtual queue after watching this. WDW Management doesn't always see things the same and may think its not needed. Hopefully they still have it in case it is needed. It would make everything so much more manageable.

The other point brought up is are people waiting to go to WDW? Are people waiting for ROTR to open? Definitely some are. Is that a huge amount though to make up the crowd difference we expected? We don't really know. The CM pass lifts are telling. I think Disney definitely expected bigger crowds. One more piece not as talked about but is pricing also getting to people? Park ticket, hotel, food, and then of course the Star Wars merch is not cheap. So are people just not going? More data we don't have.

Either way the days going forward will be something to watch.

I think I am going to write an article about this but wanted to post some thoughts after tonights news and the first non-reservation day.

SWGE is a hit thematically, and from a theme park innovation standpoint. Now people are beginning to question the popularity of the land and what that means going forward. In my opinion Disneyland did an amazing job opening SWGE. The CM previews, to media days, and then reservations. It gave locals and hotel guests a "lower" crowd option to see the land and gave Disneyland management/ops some room to test and adjust. We saw several changes throughout that reservation period and even during day 1 of non-reservations we saw changes and tomorrow will bring more changes.

I do not think because of the low crowds that SWGE is not a success. Disney doesn't seem to be thrilled with the low crowds at the moment though with the lifting of CM blockouts. SoCal APs Deluxe and lower are still blocked out as well. No word if there will be any lifts there. It was also a Monday. Will the weekend be the same? We shall see of course. The virtual queue when in use worked extremely well too. I believe many just stayed away from DL today in anticipation of crowds. We shall see if that continues.

As for Walt Disney World. I imagine they were watching this today. WDW isn't the same demographic as DL. I do wonder though if they will implement the virtual queue after watching this. WDW Management doesn't always see things the same and may think its not needed. Hopefully they still have it in case it is needed. It would make everything so much more manageable.

The other point brought up is are people waiting to go to WDW? Are people waiting for ROTR to open? Definitely some are. Is that a huge amount though to make up the crowd difference we expected? We don't really know. The CM pass lifts are telling. I think Disney definitely expected bigger crowds. One more piece not as talked about but is pricing also getting to people? Park ticket, hotel, food, and then of course the Star Wars merch is not cheap. So are people just not going? More data we don't have.

I just think with ONE ride and a whole bunch of overpriced “experiences” there isn’t much to experience.

One more piece not as talked about but is pricing also getting to people? Park ticket, hotel, food, and then of course the Star Wars merch is not cheap. So are people just not going? More data we don't have.

However some of that merch is sold out! There'd been some speculation that they were holding back some stock for today, but kybers, still out. Several of the Legacy sabers, gone. Sabacc cards and Han's dice have both been out for a while from what I've read. The lothcats and the monkey-lizards made it back in time, but Batuu magnets and Jedi patches are gone. Heck, some of the expensive jewelry is sold out! And at the Droid Builders not only have the backpacks been gone but ALL the personality chips sold out AND for at least two days there were no side panels for R-series custom builds.

Did any of this affect numbers today? Probably not meaningfully (I know some people who are waiting on certain sabers and crystals to come back to go again.) But if they are still a month or two out of getting some restocks on hyped up stuff that might cause some issues.

(Or basically, omg there are SO MANY FACTORS @_@)

However some of that merch is sold out! There'd been some speculation that they were holding back some stock for today, but kybers, still out. Several of the Legacy sabers, gone. Sabacc cards and Han's dice have both been out for a while from what I've read. The lothcats and the monkey-lizards made it back in time, but Batuu magnets and Jedi patches are gone. Heck, some of the expensive jewelry is sold out! And at the Droid Builders not only have the backpacks been gone but ALL the personality chips sold out AND for at least two days there were no side panels for R-series custom builds.

Did any of this affect numbers today? Probably not meaningfully (I know some people who are waiting on certain sabers and crystals to come back to go again.) But if they are still a month or two out of getting some restocks on hyped up stuff that might cause some issues.

(Or basically, omg there are SO MANY FACTORS @_@)
This is actually a real concern of mine, as half the reason we're going is to BUY this stuff. Won't be in DW until Dec., so I hope they get a better idea of how much merch they need in stock for everyone. Esp. at DW - loads of people are on a "trip of a lifetime" and can't just make it back in a few months when these things restock. Or make them available on ShopDisney so people can buy them after the fact (but will they still be special?). Not so sure these things will be available outside the park.

You know what this land is missing? Moss. That may not seem a huge detail, but moss would help tone down all of the grey and tan color schemes in the land.
I assume this doesn't apply to DLR, but for WDW, which is basically a rainforest for half the year, if they build it, moss will come, have no fear. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter