***Official September 2022 Thread***

French Quarter's food court reopened for lunch and they had activities for kids going on in the lobby which was cute. Donald Duck showed up earlier too. Took a very wet and rainy walk to Riverside where they had trivia going on. Hopefully I can do Epcot World Showcase and then maybe hop to AK tomorrow.

Hello from Pop again! Resort shop and food court opened at noon and they've had a bunch of activities since then. I purchased myself a DisCon after hours ticket for Saturday night and then I checked MDE and i have an additional 1 day Complimentary park ticket as the MNSSHP i went to didnt get a full parade and others commented to guest services! I didnt expect that but a lovely surprise:)

Im waiting for the disneyworld.com/weather site to post more info about what parks are open tmrw as it says they're doing a "phased" opening. Tomorrow is one of the last 730am early entries for AK and i was hoping to go but in my honest opinion, i feel AK will be the last park opened due to all the plants there and making sure rhe habitats are clear for the animals so i may switch to HS. We shall see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit to add: our lobby has been rotating Doc McStuffins & Princess Sofia with Mrs Incredible and Edna Mode

Last edited:
As long as there isn't any damage to the airport you probably will be able to get out. Might be among the first actually. I'm sure they plan to reopen Friday, but its likely they will have to do a lot of inspections in daylight first.
It seems you are correct as the airport announced a couple of hours ago they would open at 10 am and resume flights at noon tomorrow. They expect the flooded roads around the airport to be open in the morning. We’ve checked in for our flight.

With that unknown behind us we are going to enjoy the last day of our trip! I think it’s going to be a beautiful day.

Just home tonight.. Never felt safer staying at POP.. hardly even heard the wind! We lost one park day so I went to Cus. Service in AK and asked about it since we won't be back before Sept 2023. They gave me a 'compted" ticket so that I could go to AK and then Epcot in one day. Missed out on Guardians tho...
CM's were amazing this week!

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to say goodbye to the thread. It's been a pleasure counting down with all of you and discussing our trips while watching hurricanes. I hope to cross paths again with you as we wait for another trip in the future.
We will be going back in September 2024 so will take a short break on here before the planning for that trip begins.

Last edited:

We had a good trip too.

I slept through Ian. I didn't hear the hurricane. My fiancé woke up a few times, but she's a very light sleeper. We lost two of our park days, Moonlight Magic and I lost my Cinderella's Royal Table Reservation where I was planning on proposing. I was lucky enough to get another one and it all worked out (she said yes).

The most negative thing to happen was that we got stuck on Pirates for over an hour and they kept yelling on the intercom. It was pretty terrible and they were rather rude about the whole thing.

We're looking at visiting Tokyo Disney Sea in March of 2023 on our way to visit my fiancé's mom. We're probably going to do our honeymoon at something Disney, but we're not sure what yet. Maybe a Cruise, Vero Beach, World or some combination thereof.

We had a good trip too.

I slept through Ian. I didn't hear the hurricane. My fiancé woke up a few times, but she's a very light sleeper. We lost two of our park days, Moonlight Magic and I lost my Cinderella's Royal Table Reservation where I was planning on proposing. I was lucky enough to get another one and it all worked out (she said yes).

The most negative thing to happen was that we got stuck on Pirates for over an hour and they kept yelling on the intercom. It was pretty terrible and they were rather rude about the whole thing.

We're looking at visiting Tokyo Disney Sea in March of 2023 on our way to visit my fiancé's mom. We're probably going to do our honeymoon at something Disney, but we're not sure what yet. Maybe a Cruise, Vero Beach, World or some combination thereof.
Congratulations!!

Had anyone been in late April and September and can compare the crowds? Looking at 2024 because Easter falls in March so won’t be close to those high crowds. Looking at 4/20-5/1/24. We have never been that time of year.

Had anyone been in late April and September and can compare the crowds? Looking at 2024 because Easter falls in March so won’t be close to those high crowds. Looking at 4/20-5/1/24. We have never been that time of year.
I haven't, but I'd wager if Easter is earlier its probably past the peak of spring break, but I'd maybe post it in the general crowds/theme park area as a question to be on the safe side.

It's getting really difficult to compare crowds from previous years to now - or in two years.

After Easter has typically been low crowds but more than September. But September has changed. So has the weeks after Easter. But Spring has better weather...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter