*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

All packed & ready to go. 6 hours till we head to the Philly airport.

Safe travels and have a wonderful visit!!! (We head down next Friday and would usually also be going via PHL, but we’re giving the AutoTrain a try this year...we’ll see how that goes!)

@mi*vida*loca - Hope that your daughter is still feeling better and that you’re having a wonderful time together!

I know the feeling well! I flew for the first time a couple of years ago and needed so much advice when it came to flying and flying to WDW.
You can check in online starting 24 hours before your flight. With most airlines I’ve flown (including United) I recommend checking in as soon as you can. Then you should be prompted to print out your boarding pass(es) for your flight there, or see an icon with the option. I print out my boarding pass and download the app to get my boarding pass on my phone to have my bases covered. You can usually print it out at the airport but I flew out of a small airport once and they didn’t have the kiosk at my terminal so I just do it to be safe.
If you’re staying onsite, for your way home WDW will put your magical express departure info in an envelope on your door the day before you leave. If you fly out of specific airlines and have seat assignments you will also get your boarding pass in that envelope.
I have found the WDW ME website to be helpful for my WDW specific tquestions. (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magical-express/ )
I don’t know the link but there is also a FAQ MCO thread on the dis.

Thank you for responding so quickly! This is very helpful. (copying and pasting into my flying Note!) Thanks!

I know the feeling well! I flew for the first time a couple of years ago and needed so much advice when it came to flying and flying to WDW.
You can check in online starting 24 hours before your flight. With most airlines I’ve flown (including United) I recommend checking in as soon as you can. Then you should be prompted to print out your boarding pass(es) for your flight there, or see an icon with the option. I print out my boarding pass and download the app to get my boarding pass on my phone to have my bases covered. You can usually print it out at the airport but I flew out of a small airport once and they didn’t have the kiosk at my terminal so I just do it to be safe..

Is that 24 hours before my actual flight time? My flight isn't until 10 pm Tuesday, so do I have to wait until 10 pm on Monday to check in and print my passes? Sorry to be such a pain, but this is all new territory. (unlike all my years of packing lists and to do lists for driving there!)

Worried about the weather too for all next week. Ugh. Hate the feeling. But the weather changes hourly when I check so hoping it’s going to be back to beautiful sun! We leave this Tuesday!!!!

Is that 24 hours before my actual flight time? My flight isn't until 10 pm Tuesday, so do I have to wait until 10 pm on Monday to check in and print my passes? Sorry to be such a pain, but this is all new territory. (unlike all my years of packing lists and to do lists for driving there!)

It’s no problem! Yes, that’s 24 hours before your flight time. So if your flight is at 10pm check in for that flight starts at 10pm on Monday. Some airlines have different boarding groups so I check in as soon as I can so I can be on the plane earlier. I’m not super knowledgeable about the different boarding groups, though. Some just have A and B, some seem to have more.

Worried about the weather too for all next week. Ugh. Hate the feeling. But the weather changes hourly when I check so hoping it’s going to be back to beautiful sun! We leave this Tuesday!!!!
I’m worried too. I refresh it often and it’s always changing. One time a checked (maybe about a week ago) it was saying mid to high 70s and one or two days of possible afternoon storms and then earlier today it was multiple days of chances of rain and mid to high 80s on a couple of days.
I took out a few of my warmer outfits and I was just going to layer to make more room for Disney merch but now I’m just going to pack a million different options and whatever happens, happens.

two more weeks till check in. I'm getting excited. I'm also glad I have ZERO planning to do for Thanksgiving lol.

Same here! I don’t ever host Thanksgiving but prepare a dish or two for wherever going. I’m most looking forward to avoiding the holiday/family drama that my MIL always seems to cause. SO much better to be at the beach for Thanksgiving! Even if the weather doesn’t cooperate, it will be nice to be just the 4 of us and we can check out Night of Lights even if it’s cold! We’ll be in St Augustine Wed-Fri before checking in to Disney on Saturday

I finally started packing and cleaning today. I didn't get any done for myself, but my son is mostly done and I think my husband may be as well. I think I did pretty well since I was out of the house until 1.

I too keep checking the weather. We have ponchos, but I really hate wearing one. They are always so hot. I am debating packing umbrellas. At least for me.

3 weeks to go. The last 30 days is always the best/worst. Best because duh it’s almost time. And worst because everyday seems like an eternity.

So not am I only concerned for the weather in disney for this week, now they are talking about severe storms in our area on the day we are flying down. No!!! We have a night flight and I don’t want to be delayed!!!

So not am I only concerned for the weather in disney for this week, now they are talking about severe storms in our area on the day we are flying down. No!!! We have a night flight and I don’t want to be delayed!!!

We fly Tuesday and we are supposed to get thunderstorms. We are flying midday and have no real plans for the evening, so it won't mess anything up, but I don't want a delay.

2 days to go for me! We're learning on Wednesday afternoon :-) I'm looking forward to some warmer weather for sure! I'm also hoping to get a holiday refillable mug but I haven't heard reports of anyone finding them at WL yet...

We check in on November 24th and the message about our Magic Bands still says "Act quickly! Your order may ship at any moment!" It has been like that since October 25th. I figured I would call Wednesday if I do not see them today or tomorrow since it is 2 weeks prior to when we need to receive them (Thanksgiving and driving down on Black Friday starting at 6am). Just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat or have seen this before or if I should call sooner.

19 days until we check in!!! :goofy:

We check in on November 24th and the message about our Magic Bands still says "Act quickly! Your order may ship at any moment!" It has been like that since October 25th. I figured I would call Wednesday if I do not see them today or tomorrow since it is 2 weeks prior to when we need to receive them (Thanksgiving and driving down on Black Friday starting at 6am). Just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat or have seen this before or if I should call sooner.

Arrive on the 24th also and we recieved our bands last tuesday i think.

0ipYOJ1.gif
days to go! I can't wait!

We check in on 11/22 and received ours about one week ago.

Booked HS EMM for the 21st last night :thumbsup2 Hadn't even thought about it until now but I think the kids will be happy because I think they'll both enjoy SDD. DH and Inhave ridden it but they haven't and Incould only get one FP for it which isn't until the 23rd so this is better :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter