OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

It's funny; we thought younger son was going to be really into the characters in 2013. Turns out he was humoring us, even at age 4, and preferred the thrill rides even then. (He's tall. And fearless!)

We didn't even think older son would care about the characters, but ... he adored them! We had an interaction with Goofy at Hollywood Studios that was absolutely wonderful. Pretty sure I'll talk him into dressing as Goofy for the Halloween party. :)

He loves Disney for the music, the water features, and the characters. Younger loves Disney for the thrill rides, Star Wars everything, and anything where he can be in the spotlight. It makes for interesting planning!

Hi, everyone!!! I am SOOOOO excited to be here! It has been a very rough few years and we haven't been able to make a Disney trip happen. However, things are looking up and we are planning on being home from November 4-10, 2017 at POFQ. It will be myself, DD, DS (who are all Disney obsessed) and my SO--who is fairly certain he won't like it, but is willing to take one for the team.

WELCOME!!!!!

It's funny; we thought younger son was going to be really into the characters in 2013. Turns out he was humoring us, even at age 4, and preferred the thrill rides even then. (He's tall. And fearless!)

We didn't even think older son would care about the characters, but ... he adored them! We had an interaction with Goofy at Hollywood Studios that was absolutely wonderful. Pretty sure I'll talk him into dressing as Goofy for the Halloween party. :)

He loves Disney for the music, the water features, and the characters. Younger loves Disney for the thrill rides, Star Wars everything, and anything where he can be in the spotlight. It makes for interesting planning!

Your youngest sounds like my oldest. She is all about the thrill rides.

We won't be there for any of the Halloween parties, which is probably fortunate....once my son gets a costume he wants to wear it constantly.

He loves the music as well as the characters and he is all about the little details.

Well, people who have done this before, do you use a disney planner? Or just book yourself online? And any tips on the ddp? I've priced out my options, and if we get free dining, we'll stay at CBR, if we don't get free dining, we'll do a value and buy the dining plan ourselves. We're not huge eaters, but my husband is a T1Diabetic, and I know he'll be stressing about food that he can eat at all, so it'd be nice for him to just be looking at options, and not focused on prices. So I think it's a sure thing. We're also going to be getting the southwest ccx2(one for hubby and one for me) to get our tickets down there. I think the whole cost of it is super intimidating, but I think it'll be worth it...right?!

Well, people who have done this before, do you use a disney planner? Or just book yourself online? And any tips on the ddp? I've priced out my options, and if we get free dining, we'll stay at CBR, if we don't get free dining, we'll do a value and buy the dining plan ourselves. We're not huge eaters, but my husband is a T1Diabetic, and I know he'll be stressing about food that he can eat at all, so it'd be nice for him to just be looking at options, and not focused on prices. So I think it's a sure thing. We're also going to be getting the southwest ccx2(one for hubby and one for me) to get our tickets down there. I think the whole cost of it is super intimidating, but I think it'll be worth it...right?!
It is SO worth it! Just break down your total budget into monthly savings chunks and you'll be well on your way!

Hi! I just booked out Nov 26-Dec 5 2017 vacation today. This is the earliest I've ever booked before. I'm seriously so excited to know that another trip is on the horizon! We are staying at Pop Century. It will be me, DH, DS15 and DD7.

Hi everyone! Next year we will be taking our first solo trip to WDW with our 3 kids!(We usually go with DH's grandparents who live 35 minutes away from the parks) We're planning on staying at Poly...We havent stayed there since our honeymoon in 2009 so we're very excited! DH is going back & forth on renting dvc points to see if that will help us with saving some $...we'll see!

AHHH!!! I'm bummed. I got online today to check somethings out and CBR doesn't have anymore standard rooms available during our week. I guess I should probably book already, so this doesn't happen again...:(

I love that we are almost down to a year out! We're heading down in the beginning of November '17 for a big family vacation with my sister & her hubby, and then my parents! Undecided at the moment on where to stay, but making reservations in the next month for sure. I'd like to do Art of Animation, so we'll make reservations there probably, but if free dining comes out this spring again for our dates, I know we'll have to most likely switch to another resort to get free dining. I honestly don't care, because most importantly, we are going to Disney World! LOL And with free dining, it would make it even sweeter! :earsboy:

I booked our trip today!!! We are still going Nov. 4-10, but in an ASMu family suite instead of one room at POFQ--because DD18 and DS16 each think they need more space.

Hello there!!! We are definitely going home in November 2017! Already picked out AoA Nemo Suites but still unsure about the dates. Either Nov. 4th - 12th or Nov. 11th - 19th. I think Jersey Week is the earlier week and unsure how that will affect crowds. We've never gone in November before. Only ever did September, October, and May.

Am I crazy for not booking until free dining or room only discounts are announced? We are going the week AFTER thanksgiving. I'm ok pretty much with any moderate or value, but I was getting so stressed over where to book that would qualify for a discount of some sort. We know we are going even if we pay full price(we will then be staying in a value for certain.) I think generally the discounts are announce in april/may, so that would be out 180 days from our trip still, so adrs wouldn't be effected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter