• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

We are joining the November party! We are going Nov 4-10 celebrating my 40th birthday and my daughter's 10th. The current plan is Universal (mostly for HP) Nov 5, HS Nov 6, MK Nov 7, Epcot Nov 8, and AK Nov 9. We've never been in Nov. Do they usually have shows and fireworks every night or are there some nights they don't? I really want to see the new MK show when we are there.

So excited to be planning a Disney vacation again!
Rachel from MD

We are joining the November party! We are going Nov 4-10 celebrating my 40th birthday and my daughter's 10th. The current plan is Universal (mostly for HP) Nov 5, HS Nov 6, MK Nov 7, Epcot Nov 8, and AK Nov 9. We've never been in Nov. Do they usually have shows and fireworks every night or are there some nights they don't? I really want to see the new MK show when we are there.

Rachel from MD

The nights of the MVCP they will not have the normal fireworks. You can view them from outside the MK but must have a party ticket to view them inside MK. MK will close at 7pm on party nights.

The nights of the MVCP they will not have the normal fireworks. You can view them from outside the MK but must have a party ticket to view them inside MK. MK will close at 7pm on party nights.

I believe MVMCP starts Nov 8 so we are planning to do MK Nov 7. Would they have the regular show then?
Thanks!

For the first time ever I've let the airlines decide our dates at WDW. Hahaha Flight prices are so high Thanksgiving week! Even higher than last year. So we decided to come out on the red eye and check in on the 18th and leave the Fri after Thanksgiving at 7pm instead of staying until Sat like originally planned.

Rachel from MD

We are from Maryland too! Planning to go thanksgiving week.

I am excited to be returning to WDW for the first time since 2013. I have been missing it!

Scheduled for the RunDisney Wine and Dine 5k and just booked Pop for me and my cheering section, my mom and two DS's.

Love planning Disney vacations, but I drive my family crazy, which is why I love the DisBoards!

See you 11/1 - 11/7!

For the first time ever I've let the airlines decide our dates at WDW. Hahaha Flight prices are so high Thanksgiving week! Even higher than last year. So we decided to come out on the red eye and check in on the 18th and leave the Fri after Thanksgiving at 7pm instead of staying until Sat like originally planned.
Sounds like a great plan looking forward to counting down with you again this year :goodvibes

Does my one have restuarant suggestions for thanksgiving dinner? We are tentatively planning to go to Animal Kingdom park Thanksgiving day but not set in stone yet. This will be our first trip during thanksgiving so looking for suggestions for a good place to book thanksgiving dinner and any recommendations of things to do. Also, we've done the MVMCP before so debating on whether or not to do it again. Is that the only time they do the "snow" on main street?

Last edited:
Is anyone staying offsite the week of Thanksgiving? We have our condo booked from Sunday before to Sunday after Thanksgiving (Marriott Cypress Harbour). I suspect that due to flight prices that we will be flying in Friday or Saturday before, and probably staying until Monday after Thanksgiving-If I can find a deal then I will likely book those nights onsite.
But wondering how bad traffic will be that week? We won't be going hard core open to close touring anyway.
Already planning on ordering a Thanksgiving dinner from Publix to enjoy at the condo. Hoping for nice weather so we can hang around the pool in afternoon with cocktails. I really want to go to MK for a couple hours on Thanksgiving day in the morning though!

We're finally booked for Thanksgiving! :)
I've been trying to book on Disney's site for a few weeks there wasn't availability for our full stay at the Poly. Thought about booking the WL but there weren't any standard rooms available there either for our whole stay. I contacted a travel agent & just got a great deal for our week at the Poly for close to $1000 less than Disney's site! pixiedust:

So, we're booked for 11/21- 11/27! :cloud9: So excited to be able to start planning now!!

We're finally booked for Thanksgiving! :)
I've been trying to book on Disney's site for a few weeks there wasn't availability for our full stay at the Poly. Thought about booking the WL but there weren't any standard rooms available there either for our whole stay. I contacted a travel agent & just got a great deal for our week at the Poly for close to $1000 less than Disney's site! pixiedust:

So, we're booked for 11/21- 11/27! :cloud9: So excited to be able to start planning now!!
Glad to see you here I remember counting down with you in 2015 :goodvibes

I know what you mean that's great you'll be staying at the Poly again.
Next month we can book dining and hopefully our flights.

We stayed at the Beach Club last time & really really loved the room, it was so clean & fresh and new - but we really missed the monorail and being on the Magic Kingdom side. We go back to the resort every afternoon and the monorail just made it so much quicker.
I have to start looking at the restaurants and planning out our days; I haven't done much at all yet....I'm ust so happy that we really get to go back again!

We're DVC at the Poly, and I already see we're not going to be able to switch to BCV or BWV, which I would have liked. Part of me is really disappointed because my favorite park is Epcot, but the rest of me is kicking that part in the rear because, decorations at the Monorail Resorts??? Boat ride back after MVMCP? ARE YOU NUTS???

Bottom line, Christmas Stuff At Disney: I'm guessing it doesn't get much better. :santa:

We stayed at the Beach Club last time & really really loved the room, it was so clean & fresh and new - but we really missed the monorail and being on the Magic Kingdom side. We go back to the resort every afternoon and the monorail just made it so much quicker.
I have to start looking at the restaurants and planning out our days; I haven't done much at all yet....I'm ust so happy that we really get to go back again!
We were at the CR for DD's Spring Break last month and loved the convienence. Her favorite resort is the Poly and we loved going to Kona and 'Ohana. We also fell in love with Citricos. It's nice having so many dining choices just a monorail ride away.
I'd better stop before I switch us to the Poly :rotfl:

We're DVC at the Poly, and I already see we're not going to be able to switch to BCV or BWV, which I would have liked. Part of me is really disappointed because my favorite park is Epcot, but the rest of me is kicking that part in the rear because, decorations at the Monorail Resorts??? Boat ride back after MVMCP? ARE YOU NUTS???

Bottom line, Christmas Stuff At Disney: I'm guessing it doesn't get much better. :santa:
Yes nobody does Christmas like Disney it's stunning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter