OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I meant they are allowing onsite guests to enter 30 MINUTES early?

This hasn't started yet. Right now, all of the parks pretty much open to all park guests (on and off site guests) about 45 min before the actual park opening.

So I saw today that they are doing something with 2 hour early park entry for guests staying onsite. Anyone hear about this?

It's not 2 hours, it's 30 minutes.

The plan is to have 30-minute early entry for all eligible resort guests, at every park, every day. When that starts is yet to be announced. The press release just says later in 2021. Here's a quote from the parks blog:

COMING SOON

• Early Theme Park Entry: We know how much guests enjoy extra park time, so coming later this year as part of our 50th anniversary celebration, Disney Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels will be able to enjoy more fun with 30-minute early entry to ANY theme park, EVERY day. It’ll be a great way to get a jump start on your Disney day, no matter the day! As a reminder, the Extra Magic Hours benefit was suspended when Walt Disney World Resort reopened last summer, and as we continue to manage attendance with health and safety top of mind, Extra Magic Hours will not return. The new early theme park entry benefit helps us better spread visitation across all four theme parks, while providing added flexibility by giving guests extra early park time on each day of their vacation and in the park of their choosing. Please note that guests need valid admission and a park reservation made via the Disney Park Pass system to enter a theme park.

So do folks think it is too early to start making park reservations right now since we are still 80+ days out and park hours have yet to be released?

I also just signed up for Touring Plans (have used it for past trips with great success); just trying to keep tabs on wait times and such.

Last edited:

🥰 We are so excited to go in May and have already made our park reservations.
Us too. We need to get the h*ll out of dodge. They have started vaccinations in my state and we should all be vaccinated before our trip. My wife is in healthcare and already was vaccinated. Timing could not be better

So do folks think it is too early to start making park reservations right now since we are still 80+ days out and park hours have yet to be released?

I also just signed up for Touring Plans (have used it for past trips with great success); just trying to keep tabs on wait times and such.
I’d make park reservations, especially for DHS, as soon as I had tickets and knew my dates. You can always change them - except DHS, which tends to fill up first.

Touring plans just updated their crowd levels for the week we are going in May yesterday. Every day the crowd level was lowered.

So, when are you going for those of us who don't utilize TP.

Hello! Booked a last minute trip for the first week of May and was wondering what the weather was like during that time. I've gone in January and Sept so not sure what to expect.

Logging into this board since I just booked a trip for my daughter and I to tag along on one of my friend's trips with her daughter for 4/30-2/3. Originally she invited my daughter to go with them (she's 8), but we couldn't figure out making transportation and schedules work 3.5 hours away from each other. So I threw in the towel and said, "heck, I'll go too!"

We already have a trip with my brother planning starting this Friday, but it will be nice knowing we'll be right back in a month and a half in case we miss anything. After this my wallet will need a BIG Disney break, but at least we are making up for lost time in 2020.

Made the decision to push our May trip out to September. Not liking what I am seeing at the parks and resorts right now....

Please use this link to access the true ‘Official May 2021 thread’.

This thread will be moved to the 'Doing the Happy Dance!' sub-forum and locked so the information is still here but it does not cause confusion to users about which thread to post on.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter