Official May 2018

I'm not sure if this will have much of an impact, but I was listening to a podcast and they mentioned that Animal Kingdom's 20th anniversary is April 22, 2018.

How's everyone's planning going? I'm still trying to figure out what days we want to do which parks. I have our Epcot days set and I thought I had our Magic Kingdom days figured out, but the day I had initially thought we'd to Animal Kingdom, which Kenny the Pirate has as the best park for that day, TP has it at a 7. I could switch one of our MK days for that day, which TP has it at a 5, but Kenny has it as the worst park (probably because of EMH in the morning. TP is also showing MK open until 11pm that day while Kenny shows 9). If only all my hard decisions revolved around deciding which day to do what park. :)

Honestly I don't use any touring plans at all. We use the morning EMH and do a lot till about 11 am. We then have lunch and leave the park for some pool time. Return to the parks around five and this year I will schedule my fast passes for the evening parks.So we never had trouble to do everything, and no big problems with crowds, which seem to arrive when we leave. But maybe this works only because we are two adults. So I planned my days with the EMH morning and we will do two PPO breakfast at Crystal Palace and Akershus on the other days. One day is waterpark with breakfast at GF cafe. So I impatiently wait for the 180 days to arrive so I can fix my ADR'S. Have fun planning.

Well, I had to push my vacation back two weeks. Another manager at work is getting married and going on his honeymoon during the week I was going to go. They would have made do, but I know it would have been a real hassle - so I'm going May 16 - 22 now ... still a May trip! And I am desperate for a vacation, but come May 8th (the day I would have been returning home) I know I'll be glad I still have my whole vacation ahead of me :)

Well LaurenT I know that feeling, sometimes I think I just should plan my WDW trips (just kidding), because I love this time before the trip so much, in germany we call it Vorfreude, unfortunatley I don't know the english world.

Well, I had to push my vacation back two weeks. Another manager at work is getting married and going on his honeymoon during the week I was going to go. They would have made do, but I know it would have been a real hassle - so I'm going May 16 - 22 now ... still a May trip! And I am desperate for a vacation, but come May 8th (the day I would have been returning home) I know I'll be glad I still have my whole vacation ahead of me :)

That was nice of you.

I haven't done any planning for May besides booking my resort. Right now we're booked for the Contemporary so I think Chef Mickey's will be must do ADR for us since it's convenient. We're doing 1900 breakfast in November but maybe 1900 for dinner would be a good one to try in May.

Well LaurenT I know that feeling, sometimes I think I just should plan my WDW trips (just kidding), because I love this time before the trip so much, in germany we call it Vorfreude, unfortunatley I don't know the english world.

Love learning words for things not found in the English language. Now if I could only pronounce Vorfreude....

Hi everyone! We will be there May 2nd-May 9th at Pop! We are surprising our son for his 6th birthday!! :) We are working on our ADR list which we get to book next week! I haven't really been able to find many fb groups for this time yet.. so I created one of my own. But it's not really getting off the ground. Then, I remembered to login on here and join in the fun! Looking forward to getting to know you all and plan our trips together!! :)

Hi everyone! We will be there May 2nd-May 9th at Pop! We are surprising our son for his 6th birthday!! :) We are working on our ADR list which we get to book next week! I haven't really been able to find many fb groups for this time yet.. so I created one of my own. But it's not really getting off the ground. Then, I remembered to login on here and join in the fun! Looking forward to getting to know you all and plan our trips together!! :)

I only found one and it is a VERY quiet group myself. Wonder if it will be less busy this year, one can hope huh.

I only found one and it is a VERY quiet group myself. Wonder if it will be less busy this year, one can hope huh.
Yeah, mine is pretty quiet so far. But I'm hoping it might get off the ground and more will join maybe!? But yeah, maybe it's a good sign! I guess it is typically a less busy time of year anyway.

Hi everyone. My DD and I are doing our first trip with just the two of us. Doing a split stay May 23-29 POFQ and 29-31 AKL Club level to celebrate her 16th birthday. I am surprising her with a Keys to the Kingdom Tour which I am very excited about.

Hi everyone. My DD and I are doing our first trip with just the two of us. Doing a split stay May 23-29 POFQ and 29-31 AKL Club level to celebrate her 16th birthday. I am surprising her with a Keys to the Kingdom Tour which I am very excited about.

Keys to the Kingdom tour is one of the best done at WDW. It's so much fun!

I'm here for the party! Going on an adults only girls trip. It'll just be me and one, possibly 2 friends for 4 nights at Pop. We don't have our room booked yet because we are going during the week that my DS is at 5th grade outdoor camp and the darn school hasn't released the camp dates yet. There's a camp info meeting tonight though so I've got my fingers crossed that the dates will be part of the info they throw at us. Once I know his camp dates we'll be able to book our room. We have not set any solid touring plans quite yet but will definitely be in the parks pretty much RD-close each of the 4 days. No dining plan and as of right now the only ADR we've talked about is 'Ohana dinner. None of us are big eaters so we'll be taking part in the F&G booths and splitting QS meals

Going 22-28 May and staying in a 2BR at CCV! Was supposed to go in September but Irma derailed our plans and we decided the night before our trip to take the girls to Disneyland instead. I was so disappointed. Disneyland is fun, but it is no Disneyworld. Plus I spent hours upon hours planning that trip and had to settle for a trip thrown together the night before when we decided to bail and head to California in the morning instead of Florida. Thankfully, my husband understood that I was still going to need my Disneyworld trip.

Hey Everyone!

Looks like I'll be joining you all. We have a trip booked for April 28- May 6. First 2 nights at Universal and the rest at SSR. It'll be Mom, Father, Sister, Nephewx2, Brother, the Boyfriend and I. A giant family event haha. It'll be my 18th(Maybe?) trip and my boyfriends 2nd, and he was only 6-8 when he first went. Everyone but the nephews has been more times than me.

Got to do my ADR this morning, had no issues getting the times I needed. Also booked my airfare this morning so everything is starting to seem extremely real!!

That's always exciting being able to get the times you want. I get to book mine Saturday. My main worry is trying to get an O'hana dinner that's not super late, but I've got a couple of days we're looking at doing it on so hopefully one of them works out.

I am SO glad I found this thread! I am there 5/13 - 5/20 where 5/16 - 5/20 is my bachelorette party! We were able to snag one of the GV at BWI and I could not be more excited! I know dining opens soon I don't even know where to start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter