Official March 2022 thread!

So happy to see this thread!! We are at Boardwalk and Copper Creek Feb 27 thru Mar 12. We love split stays so more could be added....I’am sure!😉

So happy to see this thread!! We are at Boardwalk and Copper Creek Feb 27 thru Mar 12. We love split stays so more could be added....I’am sure!😉
Awesome! I love split stays too! Happy trip planning!
I’ll be there! March 12-19, staying at AKL, Savannah View. Myself, husband and two girls, ages 8 and 10.
Wonderful! AKL is one of my favourite resorts on property!
Hi everyone. Looking at March 1 to the 4th at the WL. First time ever in the month of March and can use all the information and tips you all have.
Welcome! Ask away...this will be my 4th March trip. It can be busy with spring break crowds and the weather can be a mix but it is so fun!
My family and I will be there March 11-19, staying at the Contemporary. Very excited!
Awesome! Have you seen the pics of the refurbed rooms? They look amazing!

I have added you all to the roll call on page 1. Welcome to the group!

Welcome! Ask away...this will be my 4th March trip. It can be busy with spring break crowds and the weather can be a mix but it is so fun!

We're so excited, first ever girls only trip for my DD's 25th birthday.

What was the coolest and the warmest you've experienced in early March? The girls are already planning what they want to wear.

Are the Spring break crowds awful the beginning of the month? I heard its a little more crowded at the end

Also, have you been lucky enough to get any discounts in the beginning of March?

Thanks so much for all your help.

What was the coolest and the warmest you've experienced in early March? The girls are already planning what they want to wear.
We've always gone mid March as we are Canadian and that is when our March Break is. I found you could experience three seasons in a day! I would plan for cooler mornings and evenings with warmer temps through the day. Layers are key! The last couple of March trips it was 27-28 C during the day (around 80F) as a high.
Are the Spring break crowds awful the beginning of the month? I heard its a little more crowded at the end
Spring Break is busy! A good touring plan is essential. I am a big believer in rope drop and avoid the middle of the day like the plague. My strategy is usually hitting the park for opening, a TS lunch, resort time in the afternoon and back to the parks in the evening. I am not an open to close person at all.
Also, have you been lucky enough to get any discounts in the beginning of March?
I have had some awesome discounts in March in the past. They don't seem as frequent these days with the pent up demand for travel. You could always book and then have your TA apply discounts if one is released.

We've always gone mid March as we are Canadian and that is when our March Break is. I found you could experience three seasons in a day! I would plan for cooler mornings and evenings with warmer temps through the day. Layers are key! The last couple of March trips it was 27-28 C during the day (around 80F) as a high.
Spring Break is busy! A good touring plan is essential. I am a big believer in rope drop and avoid the middle of the day like the plague. My strategy is usually hitting the park for opening, a TS lunch, resort time in the afternoon and back to the parks in the evening. I am not an open to close person at all.
I have had some awesome discounts in March in the past. They don't seem as frequent these days with the pent up demand for travel. You could always book and then have your TA apply discounts if one is released.

Thank you so so much! Can't wait!

Group members, resorts and travel dates

honeypot ~ Feb 25 - March 5 @ CBR
nicole88s ~ Feb 26 - March 5 @ VGF
debedo ~ Feb 27 - March 12 @ Boardwalk and Copper Creek
WishesQueen ~ March 1 - 4 @ Wilderness Lodge
HMcH ~ March 5 - 12 @ Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Avery&Todd ~ March 5 - 12 @ Copper Creek Villas
pixie 36 ~ March 10 -19 @ Fort Wilderness
Deuce84p ~ March 11 -19 @ Contemporary
Kmedders ~ March 12-19 @ AKL
suse66 ~ March 12-14 @ CBR March 14 -19 @ BRV
jfsag ~ March 12 -21 @ Beach Club
taterheads ~ March 19-25 @ AoA Cars suite
SofTen9 ~ March 26 - April 2 @ Boardwalk villas
TikiRob ~ March 27 - April2 @ AKL Jambo
Bird003 - March 5- March 12 @ CBR

March 3-13….at Pop Century. Can’t wait to travel. Getting our 2nd shots next week. So we booked a March Break trip for next year. It really stunk being stuck home in 2021! No more March Breaks in winter weather please! Hoping to see a return to normal. Dining plan and fast pass would be nice!!

March 3-13….at Pop Century. Can’t wait to travel. Getting our 2nd shots next week. So we booked a March Break trip for next year. It really stunk being stuck home in 2021! No more March Breaks in winter weather please! Hoping to see a return to normal. Dining plan and fast pass would be nice!!
Welcome to a fellow Canadian! Saying March Break instead of Spring Break is always a giveaway, lol. I grew up in PEI but have lived in Ontario since finishing university 33 years ago. I will add you to the roll call. :)

Another Canadian hopping in here - booked for March 2-12, 5 days at CBR and 5 days renting DVC points at the Poly! I'm beyond excited, the Poly is my dream hotel and I can't believe we get to stay there. Crossing fingers for the Canadian ticket discount!!

Adults are fully vaccinated, kids will be 5 and 8 so who knows what will happen!

Hello! I am booked at VGF for February 26- March 5. It will be myself and my two kids. My son who be will be 19 and my daughter who will be 17. I just recently found out that is Mardi Gras week, so I am slightly bummed as I thought we might be able to sneak in a less crowded trip before all the spring breaks begin. My son's college does a trimester system with fall, spring and summer, so that his spring break is a week earlier that most schools in this area.

I'm hoping by then things will be back to mostly normal. I'm really hoping the Epcot monorail, Afterhours events, dessert parties and the GF tea room are back by then!

We are from south LA and considering booking our trip for Mardi Gras break. How busy is it??

We are booked at the Beach Club March 26-April 2. Doing 5 days in the park with a rest/pool day 1/2 way through.
This will be our 2nd trip (after our once and done trip in Nov 2018. :rotfl:Should have known better)
This trip it'll be my family (DH, DS (13), DD#1 (12) and DD#2(9)) plus my BIL's family (BIL, SIL & niece (5)) and my MIL.

It's driving me crazy that I can't plan more since everything seems to change daily. My family travels a certain way (uber planning, RDing, walk faster! lol) and I know there's gonna be a lot of headache incorporating BIL's family & MIL into how we operate. Balancing getting our fun/money's worth while scheduling in family time is gonna be tricky. DN is not adventurous - but we're hoping she'll want to do what the big cousins do, but that makes it hard to plan. They're also not planners, so I have to be careful with how much info/decisions I throw at them. And MIL has a bad back and doubts she can walk as far or fast as us. It's a good thing my once and done trip was a complete success - there are only a few things that are absolute must do's for us. The rest I'll have to let go with grace and patience! (As long as I still get my money's worth! :rotfl: )

We just booked plane tickets and are waiting for September for military discounts to hopefully come out and hopefully Salute tickets, since my BIL is retired vet.

I'm also very very excited to be going during the Flower & Food festival! :cheer2: The food looked amazing this year. The Festival of the Holidays was one of the highlights of the trip last time. We like food!

Another Canadian hopping in here - booked for March 2-12, 5 days at CBR and 5 days renting DVC points at the Poly! I'm beyond excited, the Poly is my dream hotel and I can't believe we get to stay there. Crossing fingers for the Canadian ticket discount!!

Adults are fully vaccinated, kids will be 5 and 8 so who knows what will happen!
So fun! You will love the Poly...I've stayed there twice ( once on a 9 night family trip with my boys and once on a 7 night solo trip). Both were great! My favourite thing is sitting at the end of the dock and watching Happily Ever After. Nothing better!
We are from south LA and considering booking our trip for Mardi Gras break. How busy is it??
When will Mardi Gras be this year? I know Easter is later in April. Spring Break season is always busy so a good touring plan is definitely very important.
We are booked at the Beach Club March 26-April 2. Doing 5 days in the park with a rest/pool day 1/2 way through.
This will be our 2nd trip (after our once and done trip in Nov 2018. :rotfl:Should have known better)
This trip it'll be my family (DH, DS (13), DD#1 (12) and DD#2(9)) plus my BIL's family (BIL, SIL & niece (5)) and my MIL.

It's driving me crazy that I can't plan more since everything seems to change daily. My family travels a certain way (uber planning, RDing, walk faster! lol) and I know there's gonna be a lot of headache incorporating BIL's family & MIL into how we operate. Balancing getting our fun/money's worth while scheduling in family time is gonna be tricky. DN is not adventurous - but we're hoping she'll want to do what the big cousins do, but that makes it hard to plan. They're also not planners, so I have to be careful with how much info/decisions I throw at them. And MIL has a bad back and doubts she can walk as far or fast as us. It's a good thing my once and done trip was a complete success - there are only a few things that are absolute must do's for us. The rest I'll have to let go with grace and patience! (As long as I still get my money's worth! :rotfl: )

We just booked plane tickets and are waiting for September for military discounts to hopefully come out and hopefully Salute tickets, since my BIL is retired vet.
So exciting! It's definitely a challenge travelling with others and having to incorporate their ideas/needs into your plans. Maybe you can plan some time together as well as time with just your fam so everyone feels like they like they have a bit of time for themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter