***Official March 2021 Thread***

We got hopper tickets but it does let me pick parks for each day so I went ahead and put those in just in case they cancel the hopper option since we have no idea how it will be in 7 months. I'm holding out hope that we are able to hop though.

I will be there the 19th-27th. LIterally just today moved this one from Fall of 2020 to Spring 21. I'm fully expecting a far better/less Covidy experience.

I've just read they aren't sending complimentary bands to guests anymore after December 31st stays because they are trying to get guests to use their phones for the same things the bands did. I don't want to use my phone because it will kill my battery between that and refreshing fast passes if they are back by then. Let me see if I can find the thread and link it back here.
I’d rather not use my phone either. In addition to battery loss, it’s also a bit of a pain to keep getting my phone out of a bag every time I want to use it.

I will be there the 19th-27th. LIterally just today moved this one from Fall of 2020 to Spring 21. I'm fully expecting a far better/less Covidy experience.

Added you to the list. I'm hoping its better by then.

I started walking a couple weeks ago to prep for all the DW walking. I work from home on my computer all day so I don't walk enough each day. I'm what I consider a fit fattie LOL. When hubby and I were in DW last year we were walking between 15,000 and 20,000 steps a day so I need to build back up to that. I'm shirt so two steps of mine as one step for hubby. this morning right when my app told me I hit 3 miles my fit bit buzzed saying I reached 8000 steps. I didnt put my fit bit on until I headed to my car to drive to the park to walk so I guess my 3 miles equals almost 8000 steps. I broke my foot several years ago so I need to get that foot back used to the long walking as well. I have 7 months to build it up slowly so hopefully it won't give me a lot of trouble once I'm on the trip.

Please add us to the March bunch... rescheduled from this summer. Belated Graduation Trip for my oldest.

CBR March 13-19th

I'm keeping an eye on airfare for our trip. My daughter and I would prefer to fly over the 10+ hour drive. I know it isn't a bad drive but if I can fly in two hours as opposed to driving I'll take it. Of course the nearest airport that flies southwest is almost 2 hours away but even that beats all day in the car. I never mind the drive on the way to vacation, it's the drive home I hate. So if I can get some cheap airfare we will fly and just meet my sisters and niece at the resort when they get there (they still plan to drive I think).

We booked our flights today. We will be flying out of an airport 1 hour from where we live. It was $90 cheaper per person than flying out of our city. We fly American. The nearest Southwest is 2 hours from where we live and the flights weren’t low enough to justify the drive.

March 21-26, 2021

Covid re-do. Instead of a 2BR @ Copper Creek, we booked 2 studios at AKV Jambo House. We will miss the extra space, but we are hopefully taking a trip in September 2020.

This trip will be the same as the one originally planned for May 2020. My husband and I in one studio and my daughter, SIL, grandson, and MIL in the other studio.

We have 2 value studios booked and may add two of our other grandchildren to our room later-depending on school schedlule.

My daughter has only been to WDW once in 2012 and so this trip will be so NEW. My SIL, grandson (4yo), and MIL have never been to WDW.

I actually think that not having to make fastpasses will make it a little easier. I like the dining plan, and I hope they bring it back but if they bring it back then that means attendance is up and then who knows how the parks will be?

will the F&G be back?

Thinking of doing a Thursday to Sunday trip in March. We were supposed to take DD in September but cancelled for obvious reasons. This would be a mini-Birthday trip for her since she'll be turning 2 (and for me, since I'll be 30 and our days are one day apart). Are there any weeks to avoid in March?

EDIT: Forgot to add, we plan on doing Magic Kingdom twice (seems obvious with it being DD's first actual trip and a short stay) and HS once (we're a TS and SW family). Not sure if that will help figure out the best time to visit, especially with Spring Break coming in March for most schools.

Last edited:
Thinking of doing a Thursday to Sunday trip in March. We were supposed to take DD in September but cancelled for obvious reasons. This would be a mini-Birthday trip for her since she'll be turning 2 (and for me, since I'll be 30 and our days are one day apart). Are there any weeks to avoid in M

EDIT: Forgot to add, we plan on doing Magic Kingdom twice (seems obvious with it being DD's first actual trip and a short stay) and HS once (we're a TS and SW family). Not sure if that will help figure out the best time to visit, especially with Spring Break coming in March for most schools.

It's so tough right now to predict crowds. I'd suggest keeping a close eye not just on these boards but also on vaccine development. If Covid is largely defeated by next spring, I think the crowds could be nuts for the entire month.

March 21-26, 2021

Covid re-do. Instead of a 2BR @ Copper Creek, we booked 2 studios at AKV Jambo House. We will miss the extra space, but we are hopefully taking a trip in September 2020.

This trip will be the same as the one originally planned for May 2020. My husband and I in one studio and my daughter, SIL, grandson, and MIL in the other studio.

We have 2 value studios booked and may add two of our other grandchildren to our room later-depending on school schedlule.

My daughter has only been to WDW once in 2012 and so this trip will be so NEW. My SIL, grandson (4yo), and MIL have never been to WDW.

I actually think that not having to make fastpasses will make it a little easier. I like the dining plan, and I hope they bring it back but if they bring it back then that means attendance is up and then who knows how the parks will be?

will the F&G be back?

Added you to the list.
I've never been to Disney in March or during the F&G so I do hope they have it in some form even if it isn't in its full blow glory.

Thinking of doing a Thursday to Sunday trip in March. We were supposed to take DD in September but cancelled for obvious reasons. This would be a mini-Birthday trip for her since she'll be turning 2 (and for me, since I'll be 30 and our days are one day apart). Are there any weeks to avoid in March?

I think normally the earlier in March the better but with all the things going on these days, who knows what it will be like. The week we are going is my niece's and one of my sister's spring break (my sister works at a different school from her daughters but their spring breaks match). It's also spring break for my husbands and son's college that week, but they aren't going on this trip since it's girls only. Most spring breaks in our area are the last full week in March.

We booked our flights today. We will be flying out of an airport 1 hour from where we live. It was $90 cheaper per person than flying out of our city. We fly American. The nearest Southwest is 2 hours from where we live and the flights weren’t low enough to justify the drive.

I need to recheck the airfare for them. They fly out of the airport thats an hour from me but in the same place my daughter lives so it's definitely convenient if the fares are competitive to Southwest once I pay the parking fees for the airport and the room the night before since we like early flights. I think I'll go check those now.

Have any of y’all flown with Silver Airways? I know they don’t have glowing reviews but the people I’ve chatted with actually said they have no issues and would fly with them again. They fly out of the airport an hour from me (which is where my daughter lives) so it sure beats the 2 hour drive we would have to fly southwest.

I think normally the earlier in March the better but with all the things going on these days, who knows what it will be like. The week we are going is my niece's and one of my sister's spring break (my sister works at a different school from her daughters but their spring breaks match). It's also spring break for my husbands and son's college that week, but they aren't going on this trip since it's girls only. Most spring breaks in our area are the last full week in March.

Good to know! Honestly, I totally forgot about Spring Breaks with everything going on right now. It does look like the first weekend in March is slightly cheaper than the second, though I'm still waiting on our agent to get back to us with a quote. I'm more concerned about crowds over price, but I don't think anyone will be able to project what they'll look like just yet.

Is it horrible of me to hope that by March the virus restrictions have been lifted, but also hope that enough people are still too nervous about travel and we have light crowds? My past few trips to Disney have been during some of the busiest times. It would be nice to have low crowds for a change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter