• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official letter from Disney on Stormalong Bay

currycook

DIS Veteran
I just recieved a letter from Disney concerning the stormalong bay pool at the BC because we were scheduled to stay at the BC in Jan.

The letter stated that the "shipwreck slide" will be closed for refurbishment from Jan 3rd to April 4th, 2003.

They stated the rest of the pool will remain open. They will also allow BC and YC members to go to the BW - Luna park pool which features a slide (Keister coaster).

Two things
1) Good of Disney to inform upcoming guests. We have changed our plans and switched to another resort for our stay in Jan. For us Stormalong bay is a major feature of the BC. (even in Jan)

2) I hope they dont change the slide. We are booking one day in December just to get in and use it before they close the slide. My fear is they will change the slide.

Hope this helps all those going to the BC or the YC from Jan 3rd to April 4th.

Have fun

oh, I had thought they were closing entire SAB, but only the slide??? that is better, I'll be there from March 29 - April 5, and Ill be happy if SAB open :)

Laura :)

Sounds like a good deal to me. Just returned from YC & the shipwreck slide is good, but the BW Keister Coaster is awesome! Have a great stay!

Cool... We'll be at the YC from Jan 2 - 4. Jan 2 is slated to be our "down day" and it's good to know the kids can still use the slide that day.

I bet they are going to make the slide a bit smooother!!! It was really uncomfortable and the cm said they were going to fix it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter